Friday, 1 January 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello, friends! So this is my first post for the year. The plan was to have it out bright and early but, you know how it is ... stuff happens and I'm late to my own party! I won't bore you with the details but the "stuff" to which I refer involves rain, river and dog. A large yellow clumsy wet muddy dog, to be precise. Said doggie is now snoring blissfully on his sofa!

Here's a little something I made to give a few of our closest friends for the New Year. It's a box of my favourite treats. I bought the double sided cardstock from a local craft store a few days a go. It's a simple box tried with sheer pink ribbon.

I'm starting the year with Clearly Besotted. I cut the tag with the Tag Along die and heat embossed the sentiment from Time To Celebrate Additions with WOW Rich Gold EP. The floral elements are from Bridal Bouquet, cut with coordinating dies. To finish: a pink gem and lots of Clear Wink of Stella glitter.

Here's what they got. I decided to gift myself a box too (charity begins at home and all that!) and share it with my bestie. So far he's eaten 2 and I've eaten ... more than 2. He wants me to be happy and I loathe to disappoint him. Besides, chocolates make wiping mud off the furniture less stressful!

Challenges:
Brown Sugar #179: Happy New Year
Creative Corner: AG
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Party!
Stamping Smiles Design #1: Tic Tac Toe Sparkles (Wink Of Stella) - Embossing (Gold) - New (Cardstock)
Craft Heaven Shop #7: Something Old Something New Old (Tag Die) New (Cardstock)


Supplies


New Year Resolutions. As a rule I don't bother with resolutions. Not only am I incapable of executing them but, more importantly, I certainly don't want to start the year with a reminder of my many shortcomings. And by the end of the month, they will inevitably find their way onto my ever increasing list of failures. No thanks! :) Let's get real. Never in a million years will I replace chocolates or donuts or ice cream or my favourite tipple with yoga or pilates just because it's January again.

How about this for a plan: Be happy and share your happiness with everyone with a smile, a kind comment, a cupcake, a handmade card, one small chocolate... whatever you decide. Give it freely and expect nothing in return. Do this for a whole year and you'll be giving the ol' resolution ritual the boot. Hopefully, by 31 December 2016 you'll have nothing to fix about yourself because you've spent the year being happy and making someone else happy too. I think it's the perfect way to end the year and to start a brand new one.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a happy, healthy and safe 2016. I'm going to happily unwrap another little chocolate with hubby... oh the  joy of sharing begins at home! ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. Hello Asha,
    Thank you kindly for participating in Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge One. I adore your sweet gift box filled with chocolates. A great way to use your new cardstock. The Wink of Stella and Gold Embossing add a special touch. Oh and I like your New Year Resolution plan. =)
    Smiles,
    Tracie Pond
    Stamping Smiles Designs
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Asha. Love your idea for New Year and we know you will never give up chocs! Gorgeous box and what a lovely idea to fill with goodies for friends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha, Happy New Year!
    You made me smile with your "resolution" for the 2016. It's perfect! :D
    Love your sweet box with the sweet inside! :)Yumm!!!
    I think you will buy a new sofa for the human part of your family... ehehe :D My sofa has become private ownership of my six cats, but they are generous, I can also seat down on it if they can stay on my belly :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely box Asha!!! I love how you created a box filled with chocolates. So cool!! Love the gold embossing. Great take on the Tic Tac Toe challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A yummy creation in more ways than one sweetie. Happy New Year to your whole household.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year my friend!! It's a great way to get back into my crafting year coming to your lovely creativity!! :) I think your choice for a gift is just perfect!! We have chocolate covered cherries here and hubby loves them! He got a box of dark chocolate ones from one of the kids this year! I'm so sorry to hear what happened to Peanut...hope he recovering well!! Mocca sends get well hugs. :) I am loving this pretty box with the flower over the tag and the gorgeous silky ribbon wrapping it all together! I bet the recipient loved it!! And I love your take on the New Year's resolutions as well....I feel the same as you and I don't like to dwell on the past either....one day at time and take it as it is!! Looking forward to visiting you and wishing you many blessings for the year in 2016 my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm yummy box with yummy content! Looking delicate and delicious.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous, inside and out! Happy New Year Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous gift box Asha. I like you new years resolutions as they are very easy to follow...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful gift for your friends. And, a great idea to treat yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great gift to yourself:) I love the box and gift tag. Boys and dogs love muddy puddles but you have to love your dog for finding them. I LOVE that chocolate! I have not been able to find it here for the last 3 years. the German Delicatessen used to carry it. I also love what you wrote about the silly resolutions because I never stuck to them either. You said it wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    Sweet box. Thanks for joining us at BSC.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Brown Sugar Challenge
    knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha, you must see my smile beaming across the sky after reading your post! The gift box is gorgeous; a gift in and of itself! How smart of your to include yourself and your husband as recipients! I'm guessing you'll be heading over to see the new release at Clearly Besotted, too *grin* Your New Year's Resolution: LOVE it and one that I need to incorporate into my life! I'm continually trying to find ways to fix myself, but the sheer enormity of the task has me destined to fail (seriously...major overhauls required, especially in my attitude *grin*), but what you've proposed? Brilliant! We feel better about ourselves when we bring joy to others...so that's what I'm going to do! Step #1: to let you know that YOUR friendship brightens my days! You are a treasure!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. The perfect post for the New Year!! What a great idea too so pretty and sweet. Oh chocs look tasty too. I adore your work Asha!!

    Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to you Asha and hubby and of course the furbabies and hope Peanuts is not safe and well!!!! Love your post I never make resolutions LOL and fab box ..lots of huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what a delightful idea, Asha! My only resolution this New Year is not to make any resolutions which I can't keep, although I did have to give up some of the sugary goodies because of the diabetes but it's not nearly as horrible as I had imagined. :-D I'm so glad to know that the "large yellow clumsy wet muddy" dog is safely sleeping on his sofa. Give him a comforting pat from me. Hugs, NC

    ReplyDelete
  17. HNY, Asha! Long time, no cyber. I have been traveling and under the weather for the holidays. My resolution is to have more FUN crafting (not so many deadlines, LOL) and to keep in touch. So here I am, my friend! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely gift, love that you made it look so special.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty box Asha. Thank you for joining our challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT - Creative Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh la la! Looks like someone will be very happy indeed! This is a gorgeous project! I love the whole idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nom Nom Nom -mmmm. Happy New Year. No resolutions this year, other than to enjoy life and go with the flow - oh yeah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This fabulously packaged gift has me wishing I was one of your closest friends. ;) I love that you created a non-card project using the elements from the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. I'm thrilled that you played along...hope to see you on Challenge Two! (PS You gave just enough info about your muddy pooch that had me wishing I knew the whole story, which I'm sure was quite hilarious.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A wonderful result! Thank you for sharing your creation over at Craft Heaven Shop

    ReplyDelete
  24. Inside is yummy
    outside is so sweet with that flower and the Tag
    HAPPY NEW YEAR dear Asha I am sorry so so late hehe
    I was in Indonesia and now I have time to catch up all all your post Asha yeah I am so happy
    Hope you like all my words ;)
    big hugs and happy Sunday tomorrow
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...