Friday, 8 January 2016

Chocolate Baroque: An Old Postcard

Good morning, fellow Chocoholics. My turn today to share a project over at the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog and I'm playing with one of the new cling singles called Walled Garden. Here's a simple project that you could easily make without getting too inky. I was inspired by my grandmother's very old holiday snaps.


To recreate this old postcard look, start by stamping the image on cream cardstock with Memento Espresso Truflle. I coloured it with alcohol markers - a mix of Copics and Graph'It markers - but pencils will work well too. Lastly, ink the edges with Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Inks. To soften the wall I added stamped the falling ivy from the June Fairy DL sheet using VersaFine Toffee.

Here's a closer look at the gorgeous image:

Challenges:
Paru's Card Making Challenge #1: New - new stamp released yesterday
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Something New
Brown Sugar #180: AG
Word Art Wednesday #217: AG


Hope you enjoyed today's card. It really is a no fuss card and great to practice some colouring and hide the imperfections in the cracks of that wall. And if you look carefully, you can see quite a few of mine! :)

Thank you for stopping by today. Have a beautiful day, friend. I'll leave you with a photo of our Couch Potato and his side-kick, Baby Spud ... hard at work, clearly!


Beijinhos!

22 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Asha. Love the old photo look, romantic looking. Love the way the flowers cascade down the arch. Have a fun da and weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card Asha, you captured the old photo look beautifully. Your coloring details of each brick is amazing. Darling photo of Baby Spud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is so beautiful Asha! Love the coloring as you always do a brilliant job! Love your photo and I know this scene all too well when my little Mocca gets buried down in those blankets especially when it gets so cold! :) Enjoy your weekend my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and very pretty creation Asha. Love your two couch potatoes, I saw them on FB and thought ahh.
    Hugs
    CathyXxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha, beautiful work, the colours are fabulous, just love it.
    Love the photo of the "couch Potatoes, they look very comfy, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo made me smile! The Couch Potatoe Charlie and Baby Spud (he's Peanut, right?)are sooooo cute toghether!! :D Love them so much!
    Beautiful card with this old look, the cream cardstock is just perfect for this gorgous image. You has coloured it very well and love the touch of falling ivvy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this gorgeous card reminds me of summer!! What a great scene and beautifully coloured. Such a lovely photograph of your hairy kids,they clearly love each other's company xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so beautiful Asha, I love the scene!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and scene stamp Asha. Beautiful photo of you babies..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful creation, Asha. I hope you will stop by to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. We have an awesome prize - $25 to Simon Says Stamp. Hope to see you link up!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vintage style of this and your coloring is just wonderful. You really captured that look from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha you are so talented, this is a real piece of work and my word it's so elegant and so amazing. Loved seeing your gorgeous doggies, their adorable.
    Hugs
    Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic coloring and stamping. I love that you added the leaves, they are a great feature to this scene. Beautiful vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Asha, I love the way you colored the pretty image! Your little couch potatoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi
    super cute card
    thanks to participate at Brown sugar
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-BSC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my world - stunning scene! Love your colouring! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Asha, hope you had a great new year, love the couch potato photo too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning creation I was drawn to visit you seeing the thumbnail of your beautiful card in Paru's Challenge .
    Amazing coloring skills
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful Asha!! Your colouring is stunning...and oH! those roses! Beautiful!
    Thanks so much for coming by to play Paru's Card Making Challenges!
    Please could you display our challenge logo in your sidebar and tag us on facebook and instagram with PCMCHALLENGES?
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm behind on visits, too, my friend, and I love this card! What a precious photo of the fur babies. Brings a smile to my face. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Such a lovely image!! Amazing coloring!

    Sweet photo too! ;)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO GORGEOUS
    adorable coloring
    looks like an old PICTURE
    I love love love your skill of coloring Asha
    too adorable card I will put inside the frame if I get this in my hand
    and cute dog photo Asha
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...