Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Girly Gears and Soft Steampunk

Gosh! It's only Wednesday... and I'm so ready for the week to end. In the meantime, here are a couple of cards I made featuring stamps from Chocolate Baroque's Steampunk Butterfly A5 sheet.

First up is this this feminine number with soft colours. I inked up the background with Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Raspberry Preserve and Shaded Lilac. Next, I stamped the gears from Steampunk Butterfly with Memento London Fog ink.  The sentiment is from Patchwork Landscape A4 sheet stamped with VersaFine Imperial Purple ink.

I heat embossed the large butterfly on purple cardstock with WOW Rich Gold embossing powder and popped it up with foam tape.
Challenge:
Creative Moments #85: AG
Word Art Wednesday #218: AG Inspirational
Sweet Stampin' Jan 16th: Things With Wings

My second card is a striking red-black-white combo. For this card I stamped the quarter lace fragment from the Steampunk Butterfly A5 sheet to form a complete circle and heat embossed it with WOW Bright White embossing powder. And voila - a lace doily! Keeping it simple with a sentiment from the Pretty Poppies A5 sheet, heat embossed it with Zing! Opaque Rouge powder onto a piece of vellum. In keeping with the focal image, I also rounded the corners of the card with WRMK ½" Corner Chomper.
Challenge:
Inspiration Destination #69: AG
Wonderful Wednesday Jan 20th: AG
Hiding In My Craft Room #234: Embossing

There you have it - my feminine take on the steampunk style. Steampunk, like Vintage and Shabby Chic, is a mystery to me. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to work these stamps on my own terms. Yes... all you Steampunk Purists out there, feel free to snigger.... I know I am! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today. I'll see you tomorrow. There's a brand new challenge in town... and I've made a card to share with you! :) Have an awesome day, friends!

Beijinhos!

19 comments:

  1. These are both amazingly gorgeous Asha!! Love the embossed images on both of your designs! The gear images in the background on the top card add the perfect subtle touch to your image. The red, black and white is very striking and so beautiful with that image!! Great design today my friend!! I feel I need to create while I'm inspired here! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brilliant displays of embossed steam punk...like you I don't get what is meant by steam punk but the film Wild, Wild West always springs to mind!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty, pretty card and a great way to use steam punk!!Such a pretty card, very nice Technique!! Thank you for joining us for the 218th challenge at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny M, DTWAW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of gears, but like so much your use of steam punk, expecially in the firt one card, this vibrant butterfly is just amazing on the superfeminine background!Fab sentiment too!!
    And love your idea to make a doily with this stamp, very beautiful result in black and white!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That butterfly is a stunner and really pops from the background. I also love the red, black and white card-very regal and so nicely laid out. Great works again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous stamping and gorgeous cards...I especially love the steampunk butterfly!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both gorgeous cards Asha, But I LOVE the steampunk butterfly and the colours..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you rocked steampunk Asha, the butterfly stamp is just amazing and perfect colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards Asha, love them both. Gorgeous colours and designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW love both of them and that butterfly is stunning! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the contrast of the blue butterfly on pink background and LOVE the steampunk look of this card and how you managed to make it look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Striking cards. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards!! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two very beautiful creations Asha. I love them both but I adore the colour blue and the butterfly on the first one.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. second card woowza
    black white and red on your card looks dramatic
    but the first one wooooww woooww and woooww
    my favorite the embossing gold really stand out Asha
    so adorable love it much
    now it is 00;06 I better go to sleep Asha
    see you maybe again tomorrow try to catch up my dear
    now so tired dont want typing wrong on your post hehehe
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...