Thursday, 24 December 2015

Merry Christmas!!!

It's Christmas Eve and I want to wish all my friend, blog-buddies, design team-mates and readers the most Magical Christmas. Here's a card from all of us at home to all of you.

Lawn Fawn's Critters At The Dog Park is way up there on my list of favourite stamps of the year. It comes as no surprise that I'm using it for our family Christmas card. The doggies are all coloured with Graph'It alcohol markers and cut with coordinating dies. I created a snowy outdoor scene with lots of sparkly layers of snow. The tree is from Critters In The Forest, paper pieced and decorated with candy canes from Holiday Party Animal. Under the tree I scattered gingerbread men and pressies. The doggies have their festive hats too. All of these little doodats are also from Holiday Party Animal. The greeting is from Trim The Tree and to top the tree I cut out a glittery gold heart with Hearts Lawn Cuts.

Let's take a closer look at the card and meet the family. Here's my Charlie... helping himself to a gingerbread man.

And little Peanut is "dachshund" through the show and flying to the top of the tree... where she'll find Richard Parker busy re-decorating the tree from within! :)

Here's a furry friend of the family. He is clearly the most civilised critter under the tree!
Challenges:
Lawnscaping #120: Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Winter Wonderland
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Make It Sparkle



Supplies



I'm often asked what I do with the cards I make. Well, I send them out to family and friend, of course. But most of my cards go to local animal shelters in support of their fund raising efforts.

My 2 regular charities let me know how much they've raised from the sale of my cards. This year the total stands at €427,25. The final figure is probably more because although I always get letters of gratitude, not all of them write back with numbers.

If, like me, you make more cards than you need, consider sending your surplus a charity or two. There are many crafters do this. It's one way of giving back ... and making room for future creative capers!

I'll leave you with a couple of photos I posted on Facebook yesterday. Richard Parker is noticeably missing from the line-up. The little rascal is pouting under the bed as he is banned from approaching the tree ... until after Christmas Day!
Charlie's first Christmas with us. I'm so in love with this fella!   
"Puh-leeze! Just wake me up when the silliness is over!"
Yep, Peanut remains unimpressed. 
Thank you so much for stopping by. May this Christmas fill you will peace, joy and love. See you on Boxing Day!

Beijinhos!



19 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas Asha, have a wonderful time, adore your card, so perfect for you, my love, Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Asha! I love what you do with your Christmas cards and they need all the help they can get. You have a huge heart and you have quite a bit of George Bailey in you-always giving and helping. Our Kaspar is being watched closely since he seems to be fixated on the tree. I love these pictures of your 2 doggies and Charlie is so huggable. Have a very Merry Christmas filled with joy, peace and happiness-you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha, Merry Christmas to you and yours, what a lovely idea donating your cards to charity, have often considered the local hospital... Christmas presents wrapped, shops are now closed, still have some crafting to go although they can wait a day or two, my brother is coming next week with his family for another Christmas! The Carols by Candle light start soon...Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, safe and healthy 2016...Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, how cute stamps! And I love the snowy hills with sparkle and how all the dogs gathered around the tree. At work there are so many dog lovers I should probable invest in this stamp set to use for next year's cards.
    Wishing you a lovely Christmas. In Norway Santa will arrive after Christmas Eve dinner and all presents will be opened tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS CARD AND BEAUTIFULPHOTOS OF YOUR BABIES aSHA. HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS..lOZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas a a Very Happy New Year sweetie. Thank you for your support this year, I couldn't have done it without you.
    I love your Christmas card it is so cute. Love the photo.s too. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. Lol!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my WORD!!! This Christmas tree scene is about as cute and fun as Christmas can get!!! LOL!! LOVE love love this card Asha!! :) And of course I absolutely ADORE your photos with the Santa hats!! They look too cute even if their faces are saying "Bah Humbug!"!! LOL!! Thank you for the beautiful e-mail my friend!! Enjoy a blessed and peaceful Christmas! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Asha have a wonderful festive time xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha, I'm truly not sure which pups are the cutest -- the ones on your darling card or the actual fur babies. :-D I'm so far behind on my blog visits but getting online time is a bit difficult with kids and grandkids all monopolizing the computer and wireless connection. Wish I had time to leave individual comments on everything you've posted since I started my travels but that just isn't going to happen. So, I guess I'll just wish you and yours the merriest Christmas ever and hope that I can get back to a routine after the New Year when I get back home. Hugs, NC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, your card is so cute I had to stop in and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great compilation of images to make a wonderful Christmas card design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Asha! I'm delighted by your card, it's fabulous with all your furry friends! Wonderful idea and made very accurately! Love it!!!
    You have helped so much the animal shelters for their fund raising efforts, wow! Very well done, you have a big heart!
    Love your photos, your puppies made me smile, they are so sweet and photogenic and look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! I love the Christmas scene you made! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely and fun Christmas scene - love your card!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty Christmas scene and your colouring is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgosh! your card is awesome!! i just LOVE all of the detail :) and as a HUGE lawn fawn fan myself :) its a great card!!! Your pups are so cute too!!! Awesome of you to donate a lot of your cards to a local animal shelter! what a great idea :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fun! This card is a riot! Love those pups having their very own Christmas under the tree. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated MERRY CHRISTMAS, dear friend! This two week break has whizzed by and as much as I 'planned' to keep updated with commenting and crafting, I've already fallen behind! Your 'family' card has me smiling allll over my face; perfect images to convey the joy that I know is happening in your home. Your schnauzer reminds me of my schnauzer, Squirt who, along with her companion, Casey, were the lights of my life. The only difference between my Squirt and your 'civilized' guest behaving herself is precisely that! My Squirt would be doing her best to sneak gingerbreads from Charlie! Your photos of Peanut and Charlie: love, love and love!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and such a fun design!! Just perfect!!! Well done Asha, It was lovely to see the pets too with their Santa hats.

    Missy Pink XX

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...