Saturday, 26 December 2015

Chocolate Baroque: His & Hers Steampunk

Happy Boxing Day, friends! Hope everybody had a lovely Christmas.  I've got a couple of card projects to show you. I know you've had your fill of festive cards, so have I! So how about something completely different.

The first card features the Open Weave cling stamp. I heat embossed it in white on a piece of vellum.  To create the underwater scene I stamped, coloured, fussy cut and adhered elements form the Funky Fish A5 sheet.

I've also dropped a few blobs of Royal Blue and Baby Blue Liquid Pearls. I stamped the images of light blue card so that the uncut borders around the these will not show up. You can see what I mean in the close-up.
Challenges:
PDE Linky Party: AG
Inkspirational #98: Bah Humbug - Anything But Christmas

The second card is a girly glitzy number featuring the Baroque Orchid cling stamp.  This time I've heat embossed it with Verdegris embossing powder and inked the bckground with Seedless PreservesWorn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks. The rose is from Steampunk Butterfly, coloured with alcohol markers. And to glam up the card I mounted the design panel on purple glitter foam.

Here's a closer look at the the rose and the Verdegris embossed background. And yes, I applied Wink of Stella Clear Glitter on the roses. This card was begging for more shine!
 
Challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Make It Sparkle


I hope you are all having a fabulous time. We are busy tidying up the aftermath of Christmas to make room for another round of fun with family and friends tomorrow.

This is a Christmas of firsts and mixed feelings for us:

  • sad because it is our first without André and Rosie; 
  • happy because it is Charlie's first of, hopefully, many with us; 
  • grateful because despite being a difficult year we are blessed with all that we truly need;
  • amazed because for the first time Peanut and Ricard Parker behaved well and did not even attempt bring the tree down ... not once! 
There was the usual madness and mayhem of course, but in the end... we had a peaceful, joyful Christmas. Some of us ended up on the sofa looking like this :)
Thank you so much stopping by today. I hope Peace, Joy and Love will follow you everywhere, always.

Beijinhos

15 comments:

  1. Love both cards, but expecialy the second one, because I love girly things... :D It's so sparkling and modern!
    Charlie is a delightful!! Sooooo sweet! :D It's really a BIG baby :D
    Hugs, Peace, Joy and Love to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card designs. Both are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 stunning cards Asha, hope you have had fun with the family and friends x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, like your steampunk card, those are not easy to do, and your flower card is beautiful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! The first one is so pretty and makes me want to swim in the ocean and the 2nd is perfect with all the glitter and the single rose/ I LOVE that picture of Charlie and I am certain he has guardian angels with are Rosie and Andre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both these gorgeous cards and the cute pic of your tired puppy! Thanks so much for joining us at PDE Linky Party! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards - love the ocean one so much. And what an adorable baby! So sweet. Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party.
    I hope you’ll come link up again soon!
    Janis, Owner & DT Member
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    PDE Linky Party, Owner & DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful cards!! and I love the pic of your puppy on the sofa!! thanks for joining the PDE Linky Party!
    Kathy PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fabulous cards, love all the detail in the first one and love all the sparkle in the elegant rose card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Asha. I LOVE the underwater scene you have created. Charlie looks so Happy to be with your family..
    .Sorry I have not visited your blog for a week. I have been sick and have stayed in bed...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous and clever ocean scene, Asha! Wow! And the verdigris background on your pink card is a winner! Gorgeous! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vibrant non-Christmas cards are a fresh delight, Asha! They are both so vibrant and gorgeous! I am sorry for your losses in 2015 and wish you all the best in 2016!! I just love that photo to pieces! It brings back memories of our beautiful yellow lab, Salty. Happy New Year Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very fond of nautical cards and underwater scenes. I love what you've created here and that woven background stamp is going on my wishlist!
    Your second card is ultra feminine and classy, love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Groovy robot fish, Asha!
    Thank you for playing with us at INK :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fantastic cards, Asha! The underwater scene: WOW! Rich with details, techniques, dimension, elements...so incredibly eye-catching! The pretty rose on the second: ever so classy! Your steam-punk couple are, in a word, stellar! Thank you for sharing your artistry at Inkspirational challenges! I'm glad that your Christmas, despite the mixed feelings, was one of peace and joy. How cute is Charlie, exhausted on the couch, covered with a blanket! And the good behaviour of Peanut and Richard Parker: hope they were rewarded with plenty of treats!
    Hugs~c
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...