Sunday, 13 December 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Floral Birthday Wishes

Good morning, friends! I'm taking a break from making Christmas cards to share with you a couple of projects featuring the new Cling Mounted Individual Background stamps by Chocolate Baroque.

First up is this really simple birthday card. I heat embossed the Floral Weave stamp with WOW Ruby Romance embossing powder and then blended Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio - to create the background.

The greeting is from the Birthday Words stamp sheet, heat embossed with WOW Ebony embossing powder onto a piece of vellum and attached to the card with a couple of WRMK Standard Red eyelets. To finish, I adhered a few flat-back pearls.


For my second birthday project, I'm using the Studded Lattice stamp, stamped with VersaFine Crimson Red ink and heat set with WOW Clear Gloss embossing powder. Next, I blended Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters - to create the background and adhered it to my card base at an angle. The greeting is from the Birthday Words stamp sheet, stamped with VersaFine Crimson Red.


I stamped the Dotty Centre Flowerhead with VersaFine Vintage Sepia onto a piece of Canson Watercolour Paper, coloured it with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Abandoned Coral, Barn Door, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed. Then I fussy cut and adhered it to the card with some foam tape.



That's all from me today. I am sooooo behind on my visits. Sorry about that, but every weekend this month has been hectic ... Christmas, Charlie and family ... and work! Feels like I haven't slept for weeks! The plan is to catch up... and I'm getting there s-l-o-w-l-y! Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed Third Advent Sunday ... one more to go before Christmas .... eeek!

Beijinhos!


16 comments:

  1. Wow Asha, your first card make me stunning, how wonderful colours combo and great image!! Love, love it! Also your second one is just beautiful, the lovely flowerhead pop out so well from the amazing background!
    Don't worry if you don't visit my blog, I know well what is to be very busy!! :D
    Hugs to you and to your cute pet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much gorgeousness is found on your blog sweetie.
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Asha..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Simply love the colours, looks vintage and very classy too.. It's nice to have a change isn't it from holiday season cards. Well done my crafty friend x
    Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards. I love the background of the first one with the embossed flowers and the 2nd just jumps with the beautiful flower. I am certain your new doggie keeps you hopping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Asha, wonderful stamps of course and the most fabulous colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 2 stunning makes Ashalove them. I know what you mean about being so busy I'm trying to catch up tonight lol. Thanks so much for the Ecard very kind of you lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous cards Asha - so very beautiful - and thankyou so much for your christmas card! Have a fabulous festive time! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your birthday cards are stunning Asha, I like the deep reds, so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful birthday cards, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Just when I thought red and blue were the best combo ever you showed red and green. Ha! I love our use of color and the amazing lattice background for your gorgeous flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are absolutely stunning. Good to see some great floral cards again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both stunning cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow your flowers look AMAZING my friend! :) I just love the colors and I enjoyed seeing your floral post today...really brightened up my day!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. No worries...I am just as behind on my comments too!! Oh it's Christmas time you know?!! LOL!! Give little Peanut a hug from Mocca for me!! :)

      Delete
  15. In the midst of the cold temperatures and snow that surrounds us, your floral delights are especially refreshing! The red/blue of the first: so striking! The big bloom of the second, eye-catching! Pretty x 2! Don't worry about being behind in commenting...'tis the season for doing things Christmas-y with family and friends! Enjoy the festivities, my friend!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...