Sunday, 29 November 2015

Double Flower Power

Good morning, friends. I'm playing with Chocolate Baroque's new Flowerhead stamps and today I've used 2 -  Dotty Centre Flowerhead and Circle Centre Flowerhead - to make a one layer card.
  1. Start by stamping one flowerhead in the top right hand corner in the front of the card base and another in the top left hand corner inside the card, with VersaFine Smokey Grey.
  2. Trim the around the flowerheads so that they stick out of the top and side edges. Use sharp precision scissors such as the Cutter Bee.
  3. Colour the flowerheads. I used Faber-Castell Polychromos.
  4. Ink from the edges, blending the Distress Inks inward, using Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. Stopping short of the flowerheads creates a halo effect.
  5. Stamp a greeting from Birthday Words A5 sheet with VersaFine Imperial Purple and fill the rest of the card with leaves from Autumn Poppy A5 sheet and VersaFine Spanish Moss.
  6. For a final flourish, little droplets of Liquid Pearls - Royal Blue and Hydrangea,  and a few strokes of Clear Wink of Stella pen on the petals.
And this is what it looks like on the inside:

Challenges:
ATSM #172: Make Your Mark - Distress Inks, Polychromos
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: AG
Avenue 613 #152: AG
Amusing Challenge #24: AG
Come and Get It: AG With A Sentiment

I had fun making this card. The bright bold colours compliment the big flowers beautifully. As an added bonus, it's perfect for mailing overseas! Cheap and cheerful - that's what we like!

Just one final bit of news to share with you. Last Thursday the doggie stork dropped off a bouncing bundle of bow-wow. He is the reason for my sketchy blog presence.
Friends, meet Charlie - a three year-old yellow lab. He came to us through the good folks at Labrador Retriever Rescue Portugal. Charlie was not planned. I wasn't looking for another dog because wallowing in the memory of André and Rosie kept me busy. But, I've always said if there's a dog for us out there, he will find us.

And he did! It's time to channel my sadness into loving another pup. Peanut and Richard Parker are bemused by this gentle giant. Here's to a brand new chapter of cheerful canine adventures!

Thank you for stopping by today, but mostly for you patience, support and encouragement throughout the year ... and what a trying year it has been! With no shortage of heartbreaking events, I am grateful to have a hobby that I am passionate about and blog buddies who tirelessly cheer me on. Thank YOU! You have no idea how special you all are.

Have a blessed Advent Sunday, everyone.

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. Morning Asha fab card. And wow Charlie is just adorable he will have such a loving home with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful news here today!! :D Yay!
    First your awesome card... Oooohhhh.... LOVE, LOVE it!! I'm in love with the colours and the wonderful flowers! Your colouring is just perfect and the halo effect looks really great! Love so much also the design with the flowerheads inside!!
    And for the second news... :D I'm so happy for Charlie!! And for you, too :D I'm very glad that there are folks that helps dogs!
    Charlie now has founded a home full of love, he is very lucky! And I think that his lovely heart will help you to be less sad for you beloved Andrè and Rosie.
    He is so sweet and he has wonderful deep eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha, well what a busy week you've had. I love the gorgeously coloured flowers the cutout edges of your card. Charlie is so cute, my neighbours all have rescue dogs including one beautifully natured beagle who loves to squeeze under the fence for a cuddle! Have a great week. ...Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. The colors are lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha, a what a handsome boy Charlie is and I wish you many happy years with him. He is sure to settle in well in his new loving home.
    Well I just love your card and the brilliant design, gorgeous colours too, take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Charlie what a handsome chap you are. I know you will be so happy in your new lovely home.
    Your card is awesome Asha, lovely colours and such a clever creation.
    I am glad as well that I have had my crafting and good blogging pals like yourself that have helped me get through this year.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another truly stunning design my friend!! Just love your colors with that big and bold flower image! :) Congrats on your new family member!! You are such a giving and caring person to take in these fur friends and make a happy home for them!! You truly inspire me!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and forgot to say THANK YOU for joining us with your gorgeous inspiration over at ATSM!!

      Delete
  8. This is sooooo gorgeous. So gorgeous! I'm just drooling at this over here! The shape of the card and the colors are just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super idea to create a card edge from the edge of the flowers and such pretty colours.
    Your pooch looks so sweet, happy times ahead!
    Thanks for making your mark at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so striking Asha! I love it. I love how you combined the inside and outside together with the flower and the rich colours. I may use this style one day:) Now, Charlie has been given to you by the doggie angels you had to let go, Andre and Rosie. They made sure you can heal even more by taking in this cutie. So happy for you. I still have to make my advent wreath! I am late. I went to the One of a Kind show today-a huge craft show in Toronto (you would love it)-google it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these huge blooms. Your colours at fab. Wow Charlie looks magnificent . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful card Asha! Those big blossoms are sooo pretty and I love the way you colored and cut them out, looks awesome :) Can't wait to see all the adventures you are going to have with Charlie.. Bet he is going to give Richard Parker some interesting times lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love those flowers. They are so perfect for colouring. I think even I would enjoy having a bash at that! And little Charlie, what a bundle of cuddles....so pleased for you and just in time for Xmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful creation. Your card is so wonderful, eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with gorgeous coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Asha. Charlie looks so Gorgeous and he will have a long and happy life with your family..Hugs Loz

    ReplyDelete
  17. First, you dazzle us with your stunning flower card that truly is a gorgeous one-layer wonder! I'm crushing over how beautifully you've coloured the blooms! Second, you delight us with your new fur baby! How sweet is Charlie...and how fortunate he is to come to live with you, your husband, Peanut and Richard Parker! One lucky boy...His timing is perfect, isn't it! Meant to be...So, so, so, so thrilled for you! Hope we'll see plenty of pictures of Charlie with his new siblings *grin*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your colour combo here and your colouring of those flowers is fabulous. And what a sweetie you have found in Charlie, he looks gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What clever idea and those flowers are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, I love the design and beautiful colours. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at at Come And Get It challenge .Neva

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love the design of this card, so fabulous! Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning...you trim it self??wohooooo ...great idea for a one layer card Asha...this is adorable flower Images and Funtastic card..lucky you being DT with they adorable images Asha....hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute and so well balanced, what beautiful flower!!
    Missy Pink x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...