Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Festive Interlude

Hello there! Today I am revisiting Chocolate Baroque's older Christmas stamps to make a couple of shaker cards.  These are quick projects - NO fancy inking, blending or colouring BUT guaranteed to get squeals of delight from the recipients. I have to admit making the shaker element again after many many moon really tested my patience to the limit. Although I'm glad I persevered, it's very unlikely that I'll be attempting another this year. :)

My first project showcases the Peace On Earth set. I heat embossed the image with WOW Ebony Embossing Powder and stamped the greeting with VersaFine Majestic Blue. To give a little depth, I inked the around the image with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. I added a few pale sequins in the shaker window and mounted the whole piece on sparkly silver card stock. To finish, sheer blue ribbon tied in a knot.

Here's a close-up of the stuff that went into the shaker window - sequins, beads and stars. I dusted the inside with my EK Success Powder tool to cut the static so that the bits don't stick to the acetate.
Challenges:
A Snowflakes Challenge #9: AG Christmas
Fan-tastic Tuesday #110: AG With Sparkly Sky
TTCRD: AG
The 12 Months Of Christmas #11: Sparkle Sparkle Everywhere
The Glory Of Christmas #71: Glitter and Shine


For my second card I stamped the snow covered cottage from the Snowy Scenes stamp set with VersaFine Smokey Grey ink and lightly sponged around the image with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. The shaker element is the window in a an ornament cut with Spellbinders Vintage Ornament die.

I stencilled the scripty background with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink directly on the card base and adhered the ornament shaker piece on it. The sentiment is from Christmas Magic released last year, stamped with VersaFine Imperial Purple. I die-cut a few smaller ornaments in some scraps of patterned paper and tied silver cord. For the shaker ornament I used silver ribbon. To finish the card, I added little droplets of Hydrangea Liquid Pearls all over the background.

To cut out the shaker window in the ornament, I used Spellbinders Oval die. Since this is a small image, I added Stardust Stickles on the image, used only a sequins inside and decided to dress it up by framing the window with little drops of Hydrangea Liquid Pearls.
Challenges:
City Crafter #286: Getting Ready For Christmas
Papertake Weekly: AG
Unicorn Challenge #3: Christmas Is Coming
Time Out #43: Christmas with Pinks and / or Purple
Craft Dee Bowz November: AG + Handmade Bow

Supplies:


In retrospect, I did have fun making these cards.... although at the time, I did feel like pulling out all my hair! Why not give it a go... shakers are fun, once you manage to tame the beast! :)

Thank you so much for dropping in today. Have an awesome Tuesday and craft on!

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Asha, I especially love the top one :) Take good care, hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two real beauties Asha.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, thanks for joining in the Papertake Challenge, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like shakers but they drive me crazy to make. I can never seem to get them to work. However you have rocked them here. Both cards are gorgeous. I love the background stamping you have added to the shakers. Great to see you at TO and adding in some pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant shaker cards. I love the images on both the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also I become crazy with the shakers... Your idea with the antistatic powder is genial!! Thanks so much for sharing, I want try this!
    Both your cards are adorable, I love them!! The first one is my favourite, it's very delicate, so sweet and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Asha, love the images and colouring, and whoever receives them will be delighted, I know I would. must have ago at a shaker card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, both of these cards are awesome. The pink ornament shaker is stunning and the ribbon is so pretty and made such a cute bow! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our November challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've reached the point where I don't find it fiddly to make a shaker card any longer, I guess what one does often gets easier. I love your design and is so glad you persevered! I'm sure the ones receiving these will be delighted...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never made a shaker card..not sure how to do it (I should youtube it). Both these cards are so pretty and actually make me think Christmas. I love the scene of the desert with the trees and the light purple. Love the drops around the ornament card in the 2nd one-Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous shaker cards, they do take time but the results are amazing, I don't make them too often either. Yours are stunning, esp. the ornament, I've only done straight edge ones, you are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shaker cards, not something I've tried before, I might have to give its a try! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful shaker cards. Very elegant. Thank you for sharing them with us over at A Snowflakes Promise. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these shaker design look amazing Asha!! I love the sparkle paper on the top card with the fabulous scene on the inside of the shaker!! I adore the wonderful fancy ornament shaker design especially!! Brilliantly put together!! You're awesome my friend! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful shaker cards and awesome that they are in Christmas designs too! I really like them. I seldom make shaker cards myself but I do admire those who do make them. If I ever find extra time on my hands I may have to make a few for my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy your beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi these are stunning cards. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 3 “Christmas is Coming” Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous shaker cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.


    Tammi,
    Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your snowy scene inside the beautiful ornament is really stunning! I love the background you created and the other little ornaments are so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. woow Asha
    both are wonderful
    but my fav is the first card
    now you made me want to buy this stamp
    looks so festive and adorable on your card Asha
    great post...
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  23. love both your cards. not very often you come across shaker cards. thank you for sharing your creations eith us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx
    http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/ (personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two beautiful makes - I think we are all hoping for Peace on Earth at this sad time...
    Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

    SUSAN DT

    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hear you on the 'grrrr...' moments that come with making shakers! Once they're done, though, they're a ton of fun (and I give myself a pat on the back for my perseverance). Your duo here are incredibly pretty! Worth the investment, my friend: smile-making and day-brightening!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...