Thursday, 12 November 2015

Card Chain Challenge October & More Festive Tags

Hello, friends! It's me ... with a post packed to the rafters! I seem to be running late on just about everything these days so, I'm cramming all I can into one post.

Let's start with a  card for the October Card Chain Challenge. If you're new to this, check out  Debi's Society of Stampaholics. Basically, it's an international card swap club - send out a card a month and receive one in return from anywhere in the world. We have a choice of colours, sketch, theme or product. I've picked the sketch - gave it a 90º spin and chose a Thanksgiving theme for the card I sent Becca Crugar of Damsel of Distressed. In return, I got an amazing card from Judy in Florida.

I'm using Waltzingmouse Stamps for my card: the image is from Bountiful Basket Additions and the greeting is from Say It Out Loud - Winter Holiday. I used the MISTI to stamp the leaves with Memento Bamboo Leaves added a touch of Memento Potter's Clay at the edges and cut them out with the coordinating dies. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Pyrus 6x6 pad.

I stamped the basket and pumpkins with Memento Rich Cocoa. The I went mad and decided to pile the basket with more pumpkins. So after some masking I ended up with this bountiful basket. I coloured it with my Faber-Castell Polychromos... which is seems to be my preferred medium ... for now :)
Challenges:
Crafty Creations #302: Give Thanks
Crafty Gals Corner #45: Thankful
Word Art Wednesday #209: AG Inspirational
Creative Knockout #115: Something To Say
Crafty Girls Creation #8: AG

Supplies


************

Here are two more tags I made for Tracey's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.

Firts up is a tag for Day #4. I was inspired by Daniela Dobson's tag with the funky tree. Mine's not funky at all...but it is a tree! I'm using Chocolate Baroque's Santa Baby stamp set, embellished with blobs of Ruby Red Liquid Pearls.
Challenges:

*****
The next tag is for Day #9. I drew inspiration from Tracey's card: snowflakes, sentiment and a single image. I'm using Lawn Fawn's Party Animals, Holiday Party Animals and coordinating dies. The snow flakes, stamped with ColorBox Metallic Silver ink, are from Winter In The Park and part of the sentiment is from On The Mend.
Challenges:

Linking both these tags over at Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags Days 4 & 9: 

Supplies



That's all from me today. Sorry for the long post. I seem to have acquired a (bad) habit of cramming in as much as I can into a very small carry-on luggage... and it's spilling into my blog too! Thank you for putting up with me and I hope you have a light and breezy day!

Beijinhos!

27 comments:

  1. Your tags are adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016. Please check it out and consider applying for the design team. Double D Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkins overflowing the basket make a lovely fall themed card and the tags are sooooo cute. I really like the Christmas tree. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 209th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Your card is amazing Asha!! I just love the coloring you've done with the image and the leaf accents as well!! :) OK...your tags are WOW too!! LOL!! That tree is so pretty and amazing with the coloring you've done...and how cute is that LF one?!! You're killing me today!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and love those tags - you been busy!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you do make me smile!! however much you share with us it's always fabulous Asha and I particularly love the seasonal basket, you have achieved such brilliant shade and texture with your pencils xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness you have been busy Asha, each and ever make is gorgeous, Love the pumkin basket with your wonderful colouring and your little tags are fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful basket full of lots of pumpkins. Your colouring and layout is amazing. I adore all of your tags too. Awesome sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually cram:) Love the basket of pumpkins! First-the leaves are so well done and coloured. The pumpkins are great and I love the bounty but that basket! It looks like a real basket!! I had to enlarge the image to just take it all in. Your tags are great-Love the tree and the reindeer is so cute...reminds me of my Katie when she knew she did bad and would look up at me. My heart always melted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty and cute! Love the warmth in your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your October card look fab with al those pumpkins. We have just got a supplier over here in the UK for the Misti. They have run out of stock already but I have paid my deposit and have been promised one in time for christmas. Can't wait to start using it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha! Beautiful card and great tags! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pumpkins the way you colored them. Also cute tags too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card and Tags Asha..loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creations! That cute reindeer is perfect for our CAS challenge. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Fab 'n' Funky crew for our 'Clean & Simple' challenge this week. Love to see you back again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable tags! Love your reindeer tag. Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are on a roll here Asha. Love your cards tags and your cute reindeer tag with the touch of silver is so cute. Thanks for joining Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely makes, that tree is fab, thanka for playing at crafty ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I like your pumpkin image so much. Perfect for the thankful/fall season. Those tags are great as well. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards and tag today. So much beautiful creativity. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology with your adorable reindeer tag.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha super cute tags again. Thank you for linking up to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a lovely thanksgiving card. I love how you used the sketch and added stamped leaves as embellies, it's really pretty...
    Such cute tags too, two different styled ones. I don't know why I struggle so much making them, maybe I'm just over complicating things in my head. Well I need to get started as those Christmas pressies need them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wanted to say really like the Christmas tree tag.

    Crafty hugs Pen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Christmas tags. Love the stitching on the Christmas tree tag. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ...sorry I forgot with the above comment to say and thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. your CCC card is adorable Asha
    always love your coloring Skill this one no doubt the lady will be so happy to get this
    and your TAG ach adorable the one with tree so feel chistmas and the other one oh so cuuutee love it much

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your basket of pumpkins: gorgeous! And your tags are so delightful, sporting their deer and tree! Your are rocking Tracey's challenge...way to go!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card and tags. :-D Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :-D
    Milka DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...