Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Winter Cottage

Hello, friends! I recently received an image from my blog buddy, Monika of Creative With Monika. She has a friend in Indonesia who drew and sent her this digi image of a cute little cottage all covered in snow.

Monika made a card - you can see it here - and asked me if I'd like to make one too. Well of course! Can't say no to an adorable image, can I? :)

I love the texture on Monika's card with the embossed background and pop corn pen for snow. She water-coloured the image and created a heartwarming card.

Here's my version - cool, pale and icy! Just imagine there's a warm fire inside and everyone is huddled around the fireplace roasting chestnuts, will you? :)

I coloured the image with Faber-Castell Polychromos. Very lightly I inked the sky with Chipped Sapphire. The greeting is from Waltzing Mouse's Nutcracker Sweet. This set has greetings in major European languages - very versatile. I absolutely LOVE this set. And since Monika lives in Germany, I thought a German greeting would be appropriate. :)

So as not to distract attention from the image, I used very few embellishments: silver cord and a couple of pale green blings.

Here's a closer look at the image. There are little dots of  Liquid Pearl Opal White for the falling snow. I've applied Star Dust Stickles and Distress Glitter Rock Candy on the roof. For subtle shimmer, Clear Wink of Stella on the clouds, trees and birds.  Didn't stop there! Gold and Silver Wink of Stella on the lamp post.
Challenges:
Wonderful Wednesday: AG
Word Art Wednesday #206: AG Family Friendly
Addicted To Stamps & More #167: Add Your Mark
Crafting by Design: Christmas
Inspiration Destination #56: AG
Little Red Wagon: Home Is Where The Heart Is

Supplies



Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at this card. Hopefully, we'll see more of this artist's work. Have a lovely day, friends!

Beijinhos

19 comments:

  1. Dear Asha....I adore your version..so fresh with green leaves n green trees and I knew you will colored beautifully...I love the colors on the birds too...ooh Asha I am in love with this card...you are really talented at coloring...many thanks from me and HN for coloring his image...he will be thrilled if I send him this post link ;) hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic coloring! Love that image! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so Beautiful Asha. The image is fantastic..loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card Asha and Monika's friend is a very talented artist. It's funny how different this looks to Monika's just by choosing a different colour palette. Both of you are very talented colourists Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous Asha. Your colouring is awesome. You are one very talented lady.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! The image is really beautiful and you coloured it so well! The fence is stunning and love the details of the snow and the touches of glitter! I can image the people in the house near the fire with the rosting chestnuts... :D It's a perfect imagination for this scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha, your card is gorgeous!! You've done an amazing job coloring in this image!! :) So happy to see you have joined with us over at ATSM!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card!! Your colouring is amazing and the simple LO is a perfect background for this wonderful image!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How generous of your on-line friend! Your card is lovely. The fence is fabulous! Wonderful colors in this beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous image and I do like how you have coloured it in. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is really pretty and so inviting. Love the colours again and the saying is great (since I have German background:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a nice game to play! I saw Monika's card a while ago as well and thought, that it is so nice to use the image of her arty friend! You made a great card as well. Thank you for sharing your card in the ATSM challenge. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I saw the image colored by your friend. I like this image, so many places for color and the wooden fence, brick chimney fluffy clouds and you have colored everything so beautifully. Well done. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 206th AG challenge! Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  14. How utterly amazing is this!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable coloring and amazing design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful coloring on this and love the cool cottage scene image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. An absolutely beautiful card, Asha. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your talents wtih us. I am always SO grateful to have you play along, and hope that you will join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colouring and what a delightful image! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the scene! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Asha, you've breathed colourful, fresh life into this wonderful image!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...