Sunday, 25 October 2015

For Fido

Hello there. A very quick post from me on this wet, windy and cold Sunday evening. The clocks have gone back an hour and it's getting darker sooner. Oh well ...

Here's something I made for a friend's son. He named his new puppy "Fido", which I think is rather sweet. Such an old fashioned name for a dog.  I've used Lawn Fawn's Milk Carton die to make a dog house. I made score lines at half inch intervals on the milk and applied Frayed Burlap to dirty it up. For the roof - a piece of red card stock with quarter inch score and to secure it I used a little yellow peg.

The little frenchie is from Lawn Fawn's Critters At The Dog Park, coloured with Graph'It markers and cut with coordinating die. For the greenery I used Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border Die. I've surrounded Fido's house with a few of his favourite things: a ball, bone and a fire hydrant!

To spell out the doggie's name I used Lawn Fawn's Riley's ABC, stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black. I filled the dog house with milk bone cookies fit for a growing puppy.

Challenges:
Make The Day Special October: Anything But A Card
Fantasy Stampers #48: Animal Antics
Crazy For Challenges #309: Colours
Avenue 613 #147: AG
Amusing Challenges: AG
Pile It On #92: Cute and / or Spooky - cute


Supplies



That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Beijinhos!

20 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous treat for Fido!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Fido's house is really cute and fun! And such a clever idea make it with a milk box! So creative work!
    ...Surely the puppy of your friend will be thrilled for it!! :D I hope he will not break it to eat the cookies ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha, Love it!!! reminds me of Snoopy's House complete with the little yellow bird on top! have a great week...Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and so sweet. He will love it...and Fido will love the treats. I love the fire Hydrant on the side:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute dog house. Your friend's son will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous little doggy treat box, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How darling, Asha! I love that you have used a cute milk carton shape with these little doggy sweeties! Your blog has the most peaceful photos. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest Dog House Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Asha. Hate the dark nights, roll on spring!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, love how you turned the milk carton into a dog house by making the red roof and using scored lines and inks to make the wood pattern. Cute images too, very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree with Pia
    love that you used scored lines and ink to make your wood pattern
    so clever made Asha
    and I adore the idea and the red roof caught my eyes...cute and sweet images and CLEVER project
    LUV THIS MUCH
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gawsh!! This is absolutely the sweetest little container I've seen!! Such a happy dog house scene and your design is so lovely and full of life and color!! :) I adore it!! You KNOW that I love LF!!! :) You are too clever my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this is a brilliant idea! Clever you. Love the clever wood effect too! Thanks for playing along with the Make The Day Special Stamp Store challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely genius Asha, the carton is the perfect shape and size for a kennel.... love the red roof addition :)
    Thanks for playing along in our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! A little doggy kennel! How incredibly smart if you! I'm dog crazy so am
    just in love with this! Thanks so much for putting a smile in my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute and creative project with a milk carton die - adorable too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally adorable! The fire hydrant is such a wonderful addition! Our clocks go back this weekend...looking forward to an extra hour of sleep but the earlier darkness...that I don't like!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! This could not be any cuter! What a darling idea! Brilliant little red roof!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! Fabulous design and lovely idea..
    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, how cute is this Asha - just perfect for our 'Animal Antics' challenge at Fantasy Stampers, thanx for playing along.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...