Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Exquisite Celebrations

Good morning, friends. I have a couple of projects I want to show you  featuring stamps from Chocolate Baroque's October release - the Exquisite Edges A5 sheet.

First up is a Christmas card in silver and green:

Ink all around a piece of white card with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink, darker on the outer edges and lighter in the centre. 
Stamp a border stamp from Exquisite Edges on opposite sides of the card with VersaFine Olympia Green
In the centre of the card stamp the 3 bells from A Child Is Born with VersaFine Onyx Black
Colour the bells with Faber-Castell Polychromo pencils.
Heat emboss the edges of a larger piece of card stock with WOW Metallic Silver Sparkle EP and matt the design piece on some foam tape.
Finish by scatting some pale green bling.


For some extra shine, I applied Wink of Stella sparkle in Clear, Silver and Gold on the bells.
Challenge:
Crafting From The Heart #82: AG
Stampelsonne #152: AG
Retarte #63: AG


My second card is an explosion of colour in typical Bollywood style!  This time I've gone for bold and sumptuous colours by heat embossing a stamp from Exquisite Edges with WOW Rich Gold EP. Then I blended Distress Inks to create a rich and vibrant background - Aged Mahogany, Barn Door, Abandoned Coral and Fossilised Amber

The peacock is from the Indian Textiles sheet, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx and coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos. To matt the design piece I used a couple of strips of metallic card stock in gold.


These stamps are perfect for stamping and embossing. As you can see, you get clear crisp solid results.
Challenge:
Craft Your Passion #284: AG
Love To Scrap #64: AG
Jo's Scrap Shack #110: AG
TTCRD: AG
Supplies


Thanks for stopping by today. Swing by the Design Team Blog for loads more projects showcasing these beautiful stamps. Have a lovely day!

Beijinhos!



24 comments:

  1. Your Style is so eclectic, what a beautiful elegant card is the first one and what warm, sunny positive mood in the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely first card is so festive Asha
    and you remind me of my set of CB stamp
    that card number 2 ooh I adore that peacock oh I must use it
    it is still in the package hehehe
    soo adorable gold emboss and soo adorable orange BG
    I am in love with your second card
    the email I have late answer last night Asha
    I LOOOVEE THAT what you send me in attachment woooowww....amazing
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 very Beautiful cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, love the colors, Thank you for joining us at Stampartpapel Retarte#63 !
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Asha!!! These are indeed exquisite!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful both, love so much the colours, so different in the two cards! The cracked pistachio is perfect for a cold and elegant festive look and the orange/yellow tones are so warm and bright for the oriental theme and match very well with the rich gold embossing! Great works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love looking at your cards. First Love the bells and so different to put the border edges on each side. Love the green and silver together. We often see green and red so I love this colour combo. The 2nd card is vibrant and rich with a definite Bollywood vibe. I love the background. You use the tool for alcohol inks to place the colour in the background. How do you accomplish that. ok Weird When I try to use my Shift key to get my question mark, I get this É I have no clue how that happened

    ReplyDelete
  8. Klasse gemacht! Danke für die Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first festive creation is so gorgeous in green and silver. The second beautiful peacock is such a beautiful explosion of vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elegant peacock and embossing. Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are wonderful cards and colored to perfection. It is getting to be a time to work on Christmas cards, and yours are inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both so beautiful and elegant!! Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such stunning details on these creations Asha!! I really love that top Christmas bell card!! The green colors and borders set the image off very nicely!! LOVE the second card with the rich gold embossing!! Beautiful work as always! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful cards! Absolutely stunning! I just love the colors in the peacock, especially the way the gold just finishes it off perfectly. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can never resist a Christmas card, but this one is so cleverly designed with the bells in the centre and decorative stamped borders.
    Your peacock card has such fabulous colors, warm and fall like, so well blended and pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!!!! Asha, absolutely stunning cards, I would love the christmas card landing on my mat, it is so elegant. the colours on your sencon one are fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two stunning creations and love the inking - gorgeous colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous card! I love the gold with warm colour blending! Thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your second card is very elegant! The colors are quite stunning. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your peacock card is so elegant.Just love the vibrant colours.You've certainly captured the essence of India in your project.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Asha, the versatility of your style has me, again, breathless! The bells are gorgeous...the perfect "Silver Bells' of Christmas Carol fame. The explosion of colour on your peacock card is phenomenal! Striking, eye-catching, lovely! I am WOWed!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hermosas Campanas! gracias por participar con nosotros en RETARTE de Stampartpapel.
    Feliz Semana....

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...