Tuesday, 8 September 2015

When Ghouls Come Out To Play

Ghoul Morning, friends! It's almost that time of the year .... when ghouls come out to play. I have a couple of easy projects for you featuring the new Halloween stamps by Chocolate Baroque. All you have to do is ink and stamp - that's it. I also want to show you how well Chocolate Baroque's older Halloween stamps coordinate with this latest release.

My first card depicts a dark and creepy night where ghosts wander in the fog. I inked up the background with Distress Inks: Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans and Weathered Wood. The trees and greeting are from the new Hocus Pocus A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black. The clouds are from the older Spookilicious A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Smokey Grey.

The trio of ghosts in the foreground are from the new Put A Spell On You A5 sheet, which I heat embossed on vellum with WOW Bright White EP . The ghosts in the background (seen in the picture above) is heat embossed directly on the card.  The single bat is from the older Spookilicious A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black.

Challenges:
Crafting From The Heart #76: AG
Haunted Design House September: Nights Are Drawing In
Make My Monday: Something Starting with F - fog
TTCRD: AG
Unicorn Challenge #1: Mythical & Magical


The second card is slight more "cheery" ... on account of a few smiling pumpkins. I started by stamped the images, masking them off before creating the sky and ground.

Again, I inked the sky with Distress Inks: Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire and Milled Lavender. I masked off the moon  with a die-cut circle and coloured it in with Faber-Castell Polychromos. The flying bats and crow are from the new Hocus Pocus A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx. For the ground I used Fossilised Amber, Scattered Straw, Brushed Corduroy and a touch of Vintage Photo.

The scarecrow is from an older A5 sheet called Witching Time, stamped with Memento Paris Dusk. The plan was to use alcohol markers but I ended up using my Faber-Castell Polychromos.  These stamps work so well together! I finished my card by dangling a spider on one arm of the scarecrow and resting a crow from the other. The spider and the sentiment are from the Put A Spell On You A5 sheet and the crow is from the Hocus Pocus A5 sheet.


The pumpkins on the ground and the spider are from the new Put A Spell On You A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Smokey Grey.  I coloured the pumpkins with Faber-Castell Polychromos. You could even paper-piece these pumpkins and speed up the process. I stamped the sentiment with VersaFine Majestic Blue.


Challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #261: AG
Lost Coast Design #16: OLC
City Crafter #278: Feeling Flat
Papertake Weekly: Things With Wings - bats & crow
Inkspirational #90: OLC
Time Out #39: Make Your Mark


So there you have it - a couple of Halloween cards. Believe it or not, I had fun making them and I hope you've got some ideas to make your own too. Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Beijinhos!

35 comments:

  1. Hi Asha, your cards a fantastic, love how you've combined the stamps and your designs and colours are fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What totally awesome Halloween cards! Love them both! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really awesome creations Asha.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Asha, I haven't been to see you for a while and have to say your singing, colouring and masking gets better every time. I like the smile pumpkin card best and so pleased you entered into Ink, this would also be good for our 'Make your Mark' challenge at TO

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Both are amazing cards. Thanks for sharing with us in our first challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooooo, these are spooktacular lovely lady!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very spookylicious cards Asha. Love how you have stamped the ghouls on the velum. The effect is fabulous. Really great idea. TFS.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! These are such amazing designs Asha!! I love your blending of colors for the sky in all of them. I'd have to say that my fave is the last card with the scary images!! Too much fun!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear Asha, with travel and work in triple doses of late..wait, make that quadruple doses...I've fallen SEVENTEEN posts behind! My apologies! All your dazzling delights have been gazed at, admired, oohed and ahhed over, so hopefully my awe at your creativity found its way to you. I'm going to start afresh and strive to stay caught up! Fingers crossed! Your duo of spook-tacular cards has me smiling; they're a wonderful combination of cute AND classy! The pumpkins certainly caught my eye! Love them both oodles!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the backgrounds on both of them! You blended the colours wonderfully. I love "Hocus Pokus and keep thinking of that Bugs Bunny cartoon (Hocus...cadabra:)) Love those pumpkins! They are great and really well coloured. The whole image on the card is put together really well. Love it Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I Love these cards and the scenes are Fantastic asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are spectacular, Asha, and I love your incredible coloring on the second card ! The embossed ghosts on the first card are absolutely perfect! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing Halloween scenes on both cards - your backgrounds are totally spook-tacular and those vellum ghosts are amazing! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play along with us this week! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Regards,

    Tammi

    TTCRD DT

    makememories4life {My Blog}

    Through The Craft Room Door

    ttcrd.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Asha, these are fantastic! Your coloring skills are fabulous - and the cards are so full of chilly fun! Love the combination of "scary details" with the sweet expressions on your ghosts and jack-o-lanterns! Makes the cards happy! Thank you for the wonderful "share" on my recent blog post regarding grocery stores. I enjoyed reading about shopping excursions to the village. Actually, when I lived in a big city, the organic markets and whole food stores were more abundant! I miss them now that we live in a small town, but I'm grateful to live in the country. My husband and I were just talking about the "good old days" when we had a butcher and baker in addition to the whole foods store. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and philosophies! It's so good reading about someone who tries to live what they believe! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fabulous cards - love the inking and my fave is the scareghost :-) My turn to catch up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. yah, so pleased you did listen to me and link up xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are so great at making Halloween card dear Asha
    love the background and the scary Images
    I am not often to make halloween cards and yours is fantabulous
    I just try to catch up one at you one at Sandie one at Pia
    will do again tomorrow it is 00:12 my eyes is tired
    yeah after vacation much job catch up washing the clothes and making cards hehehe
    but I love vacation and thanks for your lovely comment to all my cards you really comment all sweety I love your encourgement
    thats what friend are for (Diana Ross)
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great! Thanks for joining us at crafting from the heart good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your second card is more colorful but I think it feels more spooky. Look at the pumpkin faces, kind of freaky cool. The ghosts on your first card are kind of cute and love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both great, Asha! I love the colors on the second, but I also love the scene you created on the first. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! What a terrific cards! Love your sponging! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such fun cards for Halloween Asha! Love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful interpretation of Fog in your entry. I love your created scene. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your spooky fun Halloween cards! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your spooky fun Halloween cards! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Halloween cards are amazing. I especially love the first one; fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two brilliantHalloween cards!
    I love them both!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous dark card. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Two fabulously creepy creations.Thanks for joining us in the dungeon at Haunted Design House.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This trio is fabulous! Love everything about them and the backgrounds are wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at Lost Coast Designs this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome combination of images and very talented inking. Love your night scenes. Thank you for joining Lost Coast Designs Challenge #16 Single Layer Project, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ooo O love your ghosties, so wonderful! Fabulous stamping and embossing. Great colors and background. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lost Coast Designs, One layer challenge!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous spooky projects. Thanks for linking up to the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity

    ReplyDelete
  35. Spooktacular projects! Thanks for playing with us at Lost Coast Designs this month!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...