Friday, 25 September 2015

Polka Doodles #39: Favourite Card Shape

Hello, hello, hello!!! It's FRIDAY.... at last, so brace yourself for another fortnight of challenges, friends! A new theme starts today and it's a super easy one: your "Favourite Card Shape". It can be rectangle, square, round or one of the many fancy-fold cards. All you have to do is make a project using your Favourite Card Shape.

My favourite card shape is rectangular ... the regular A2 rectangular. Boriiiiiing. I hear you sigh. But hear me out. These cards are fuss free, quick to put together and versatile - portrait, landscape, top-folding, side-folding and, if I'm feeling particularly lazy, no-folding postcard. :)

For today's card, I made a top-folding landscape card. My card features images and papers from the Witchie Witchie CD, which is fabulously ghoulish and perfect for fun Halloween projects. The papers and sentiment are also from the same CD. Loads of cute stuff in there for the fainthearted.

Here's a closer look at the image. She's called Witch Wendie and I coloured the witch with Faber-Castell polychromos.  This card is for a young person, so I kept the colouring loose and fun. Also, I have it good authority that she'll be dressed exactly like this.... because I helped her mummy make the costume. What fun!!!  Witch Wendie and is also available as a separate download digi.

Challenges:
Crafty Girls #5: AG
Addicted To Stamps and More #163: Holidays
Sisterhood of Crafters: Pumpkin Patch
Southern Girls: Whimsical, Cute or Fun
PDE Linky Party: AG

Supplies


Now it's over to you, my friends. Create any project - card, tag, lay-out, box, bag, etc. You have until Noon (UK Time) on Friday, 9 October 2015, to link up your entries over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. You don't have to use Polka Doodles products to enter, but if you have it, by all means, flaunt it! One randomly selected winner will receive downloads worth $10 from the Polka Doodles Online Store. In order to qualify you must follow our Rules. Remember, you are only allowed TWO entries per challenge.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a sun-shiny day!

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. lovely card I do love that witch xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘PUMPKIN PATCH’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and fabulous colouring. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha, brillinat card, love the little witch and your colours are wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really gorgeous creation sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stinkin' CUTE she is!! Fabulous coloring on her and I just love those fun Halloween type papers too!! Thanks for making me smile!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is cute and I love dressing up as a witch-it brings out the devil in me:) I too, am boring because I love the basic rectangle-hahahaa. I have to be shown how to do fancy folds more than once before I get it. The last time I tried, let's just say, the card went to bin. I love the colours and it's perfect for the Halloween gal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card and beautifully coloured.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Halloween card, my friend ! I'm loving all the purple and have to say your coloring is magnificent Darling little witch. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Halloween card, the witch looks fabulous, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Halloween card. Great coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous coloring
    Adorable halloween card my dear...i type from mobile pgone n wanna tell I really miss your visit Asha..
    when typpo really sorry...biig hugs to you n happy weekend (no office work..free yeah)
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab colouring I love that stripey paper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful card!! thank you for linking up with us at PDE linky party DT-elecia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty little witch! Thank you for joining us at The Sisterhood for our "Pumpkin Patch" challenge!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree that Rectangles are a great shape with all the items we have to embellish. Penny (Polkadoodles DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project!
    Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party!
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so awesome!! How fun you even helped make the outfit. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party. ~DT Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Asha. Gorgeous card and colouring..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card and coloring Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful, I just love Halloween xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great and she's such a pretty witch.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card Asha and beautiful colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cheering and applauding your praise of the 'rectangular' card shape! I wholeheartedly agree: my favourite, hands down! Your witch is absolutely marvelous...beautiful colours, lovely layout! And how cool that you helped the 'real' witch's mom create her costume!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...