Friday, 18 September 2015

Polka Doodles #38: Shabby Chic

Good morning, friends!  It's FRIDAY... and I am doing cartwheels. Am I excited the week is almost over? Well, just a little! :) But first it's time for a for a little inspiration for this fortnight's Polka Doodles Challenge: Shabby Chic.

Now what exactly is Shabby Chic? Honestly, I haven't the foggiest. For my card I picked up an old favourite of mine: PickNix 1 All Sewn Up. The papers, sentiment and digi embellishments are from the from this set. To finish my card I used flowers, pearls, lace and some ribbon from my stash. It's soft, feminine, perhaps Chic? It also looks a little weathered and distressed, dare I say Shabby?

Here's a closer look at the sentiment. I layered it on Spellbinder Label 16 die cuts and added some fussy cut digi embellishments from PickNix 1 All Sewn Up.

Challenges:
In The Pink #78: For A Friend
Southern Girls: Layer It Up
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie #27: Photo
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Die Crazy
Word Art Wednesday #201: AG
Blogger's Challenge: Flowers For You
Creative Moments #77: AG
Digichoosday #37: Monochromatic



Supplies



Now it's over to you, my friends. Create any project - card, tag, lay-out, box, bag, etc. You have until Noon (UK Time) on Friday, 25 September 2015, to link up your entries over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. You don't have to use Polka Doodles products to enter, but if you have it, by all means, flaunt it! One randomly selected winner will receive downloads worth $10 from the Polka Doodles Online Store. In order to qualify you must follow our Rules. Remember, you are only allowed TWO entries per challenge.

Don't forget to check out the brand new Autumn / Fall Digis and Papers now available in the Polka Doodles Store.

Thank you for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!

Beijinhos

30 comments:

  1. This is so Beautiful Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shabby Chic always stumps me too Asha but it seems that you have done a fabulous job!! Love the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Asha. I have never defined Shabby Chic either but this looks good to me.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it seems we are all in the same boat, loving this card but what to name it. It looks vintage to me. Why? It seems to me that when things that look normal to me its vintage. I think this is very chic I loved mending and sewing on buttons so this card made me very happy. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 201st AG challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Asha. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a former quilter, I would be thrilled to get this card, Asha! Love the beautiful floral background and the sentiment tag! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card Asha, I like the sentiment and the papers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! What an AMAZING job you've done with this shabby chic style Asha!! LOVE the pretty papers, colors and yummy ribbon!! :) Wonderful sentiment for a quilter too!! LOL!! Happy weekend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I never was sure what shabby chic was either but I do know for certain that this is a fantastic card design. I love the papers and colors you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!
    Have a great weekend.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, this is a difficult style to make, and yours is fabulous. Great saying too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, Asha, and I love the sewing theme! Marvelous dp choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you got shabby chic done right although it is not shabby at all but very chic and pretty. Love the softness of it and the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card Asha , my friends mum would love it she loves to see x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just stunning hunni Thanks for joining us in our Monochromatic challenge at Digi Choosday
    Hugs
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is such a beautiful shabby chic card and thanks for sharing at dig choosday with our monochrome challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Beautiful, I love the vintage look and girly colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow Asha
    this is really adorable
    I love that paper so shabby chich and all sewing things here
    adorable arrangement on your PINK card
    Pink is not my fav color to card making and you managed it beautifully
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW WOW WOW!! Simply beautiful and I love all the little details, really brings the design to life. You have nailed it with this card for sure..the perfect shabby chic I've ever seen.. I struggle with shabby chic too but I'm so impressed by this little treasure.

    Hugs
    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty. Thanks for entering our monochromatic challenge this week at Digi Choosday. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just LOVE that gorgeous sentiment, it would be perfect for my mother in law. She's an avid quilter. Gorgeous card design, love all the layers. Thanks so much for joining in the Southern Girls for our 'Layer It Up' challenge. Your sweet card is so lovely. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet and pretty card! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have captured the shabby chic style beautifully and the soft pastels and pretty details are a delight :-)
    Thanks for joining in our challenge at In The Pink!
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Asha *waving wildly* I've neither forgotten you nor am I ignoring you...just so busy with work and travel, travel and work! Today, an Asha-exclusive gallery walk to catch up...and oh my, what a fabulous starting point with this gorgeous card! Shabby...Chic...Shabby and Chic...whatever we define it as, I think it's STUNNING!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...