Monday, 28 September 2015

I Wheelie Like You

Good morning, friends and a very happy Monday to all. Did you watch the Harvest Moon Eclipse last night / this morning? Wasn't it amazing?  Over here the spectacle started at 2am finished around 6am. Simply spectacular!

I made a card over the weekend. Another (dreaded) CAS ... and to add to the trauma - a One Layer Card ... aaaaargh! I am determined to not be put off by it and hopefully, in time, it won't take me quite so long to complete. This card  landed in the bin... twice, before I decided to post it. Live and learn, right?

I inked up this cute set by Lawn Fawn called Wheelie Like You, which I bought a few months ago. The chubby tubby little hamster reminds me of my chubby tubby Peanut. The Vet wagged his finger at me recently and said little Peewee needs to eat less and exercise more. Try telling that to a Doxie!

Enough chit chat, here's the card: I masked circles and inked the outer edges, first with Tumbled Glass, followed by Bundled Sage for the smaller circle. A light brushing of Squeezed Lemonade brightened everything and to soften it I ran a damp brush over the inks. Next, I stamped the image and the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with Faber-Castell Polychromos in various shades of grey: Cold Greys ( 230, 231, 232) for the wheel and Warm Greys (270, 271, 272) for the hamster. I also added Silver 251 to the wheel and some Wink of Stella Silver.


Here's a closer look at the little guy. The card needed some colour so I stamped the little hearts from the set with VersaFine Satin Red. And gave a double coating of Wink of Stella Clear to the hamster and the hearts. To finish, I rounded the corners with the ½" Corner Chomper.

Challenges:
Lawnscaping Challenge: One Layer Card
CAS-ology #165: Circles
Happy Little Stampers September CAS: Colouring



That's all from me today, folks. Must dash! Thanks for stopping by and have a sun shiny day!

Beijinhos!


18 comments:

  1. So cute Asha. Love it sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is cute, and so many circles. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I wheelie like you!! Such a cute card!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, can a card get much cuter than this??? AND on top of that it's one layer, which I btw didn't notice straight away because of the effect of the inked circles. It's such a clever and sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wheelie wheelie love your card Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs / Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet CAS card Asha! Yes, the blood moon spectacle was fantastic wasn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute and I think you did a great job with one layer and CASEing. I love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute Asha. I did see a VERY LARGE orange moon but I did not know there was an eclipse..loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!! Love the design with the different colour circles ... so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute. Wheelie love this.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card and love the inking. Yep the the moon - we were lucky in that it was a more civilised hour of 9.47pm for the full eclipse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so cute! Great one layer card with so many soft colors :) Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges! -Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, he is so sweet! Love the soft colors. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not often looking you making one layer card
    and this one is so so so cuuutee
    love that sweet mouse and love the scene
    you made the most sweet card this time Asha
    I adore this cutie pie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, CAS and one-layer...scary! But you've aced it with your cute-patootie hamster! The little hearts are the perfect special touch!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...