Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Halloween Treats

Hello again, friends! I've got a couple of projects ideas to house your Halloween treats.  The first is in the shape of a grave - complete with tombstone and grassy border! The web and mushrooms are from Put A Spell On You. The Trick or Treat sentiment is from Spookilicious.

Here's a closer look at the Bat-Owl Hocus Pocus which I coloured with Faber-Castell polychromos. After colouring, I fussy cut and adhered it to the headstone which I cut using Spellbinders Labels 4 die.

To make the grassy border I snipped a strip of green card and inked it with Hickory Smoke.

The treats (or tricks) go in the pull out drawer of the matchbox.

Challenges:
Brown Sugar #164: Anything But A Card
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Use A Stamp
Get Creative #24: Fantasy
Alphabet Challenge: P is for Peacock, Pelican or Other Bird - other bird
Decorate To Celebrate: AG

**********

The second treat bag is a simpler affair. The Cat is from Hocus Pocus and the sentiment is from Halloween Edges, both heat embossed with WOW Ebony EP. After colouring the moon with Faber-Castell Polychromos. I cut the image out with Spellbinders Standard Circles die and inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. Finally, I matted it on a piece of black card cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die. The sentiment is from Halloween Edges. I used WRMK Black Baker's Twine to tie the bag.

To decorate the back of the bag, I stamped the tree and sentiment from Put A Spell On You  and the bats from Hocus Pocus with VersaFine Black Onyx. To create the box I used WRMK Gift Bag Punch Board.
Challenges:
TTCRD: AG
Crafting From The Heart #78: AG


Supplies



It's almost Halloween and I hope these projects will give you some packing ideas for your special Halloween treats. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you later ... today :)

Beijinhos

20 comments:

  1. Asha these are gorgeous and such fun treat boxes.
    {I would love you to take part in my 1,100 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fantastic Asha, love the tomb.......woooooooo!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny project! Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week...Good luck!
    Giada

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grave box is gorgeous! What a great idea - I just might have to steal this idea for my special Halloween treats this year. Glad you were able to join us at Get Creative Challenges!

    Camille - Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic Asha! I love that green on the matchbox and the owl is super! The bag is so cute too, in a spooky sort of way!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two such awesome creations sweetie. I will have to come knocking on your door if this is what you are handing out. Lol!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are a brilliant idea Asha. I will be the person standing behind Cathy knocking on your door :)

    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What utterly fabulous projects, love the grave and headstone, just pure dead brilliant, as the Glaswegians would say. Super treat bag too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great ideas! I love the box and the bright green with that owl! That looks like a lot of work. I also love the orange bag which is so special and love the bats in the back

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Halloween projects! Both really fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantastic, Asha! Love the darling images, and your beautiful coloring. Both the goodie box and bag are great projects! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! These are Awesome Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG these are so cool!!!! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 amazing makes Asha. Love Halloween makes x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So spookilicious and fun indeed in this post Asha!! :) LOVE your matchbook coffin idea!! How fun is that!! The little orange treat bag is darling and that image is stunning!! Awesome projects my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE LOVE LOVE 💘 your little cemetery plot! (I love all things Halloween, but I adore the more-spooky, less-cutesy!)
    Very creative projects! Keep up the inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic project! Great blending and colouring! The blending gave the image great dimension and pop! Thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh dear
    you are so talented and you have time to make these adorable prooject
    I love both but my fav is the one in orange
    you really put much time on this beauty
    love this post Asha
    I try to catch up
    and I will finish my contract in my work place
    it means I must sending many application to search a new job
    if I am not in Blogland
    dont think I am forgeting you its because I am busy to apply new job..
    you always in my heart sweet friend
    hope you still like visiting my empty blog then maybe I make card only for my DT..at HOC, ATSM and at Sunday Stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Halloween treat boxes are 'speaking' loudly to my infatuation with Halloween creations that are fun and fabulous (and not scary gruesome). These truly are amazing and your colouring: WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...