Friday, 21 August 2015

Polka Doodles #34: Use Something New

Good morning, friends!  It's FRIDAY... and what a relief we've made it to the end of the week. Saturday beckons, but first it's time for a for a little inspiration for this fortnight's challenge: Use Something New.

Here's my offering... a vintage inspired card featuring Santa from the Picknix 3 Nordic Winter Colletion.  To finish my project I added golden stars (which I have been carefully protecting from frivolous consumption) and a sheer white bow (made from a giant roll of ribbon my sister gave me 4 years ago). I am solicitous about the welfare of my stash! :)

Here's a closer look at the jolly man. I coloured him with Faber-Castell Polychromos and inked the edges with Frayed Burlap DI for that aged look. I rounded the corners WRMK ½" Corner Chomper.

Challenges:
Addicted To Stamps & More #158: Holiday
Christmas Card Challenge: AG Christmas / Photo Inspiration
Crafting By Designs: Get Ready For Christmas
CHNC #242: Something Old (gold stars are > 5 years old, ribbon > 4 years old )
Chocolate Coffee and Cards #98: Use A Sentiment
Sister Act #120: AG Cards Only
A Snowflakes Promise #3: Winter Theme

Supplies:



Now it's over to you, my friends. Create any project - card, tag, lay-out, box, bag, etc. You have until Noon (UK Time) on Friday, 28 August 2015, to link up your entries over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. You don't have to use Polka Doodles products to enter, but if you have it, by all means, flaunt it! One randomly selected winner will receive downloads worth $10 from the Polka Doodles Online Store. In order to qualify you must follow our Rules. Remember, you are only allowed TWO entries per challenge.

Don't forget to check out the brand new Octavia Frosted Winter Collection - more Christmas must-have goodness from the talented Nikky Hall. You can see this collection in action over at:


That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by. Here's to a craftilicious weekend!

Beijinhos!


24 comments:

  1. Fantastic project and love how you can keep tabs of your stash; I know I can't! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Asha - fabulous colouring and design! TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Santa image coloured perfectly and I love that bow . Thanks for sharing with Christmas Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now he is a proper Santa. Fabulous coloring Asha.
    Have a great week.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous Santa and a gorgeous card Asha, love the vintage look and those gold stars re beautiful, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am REALLY loving this Santa image you've used and your coloring is absolutely AMAZING here!! Stunning job with this entire card my friend!! BEST WISHES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you kindly for joining us over at ATSM!! :) HUGS

      Delete
  7. This is just a perfect Christmas card Asha! You've got my address, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Asha
    perfect colored the mantel of the Santa
    looks like a sooooft Mantel adorable colored as always Asha
    I want to tell I am sorry that I cant commenting all your lovely cards Asha
    tomorrow Sunday we drive to Croatia for two weeks for holiday with kids
    we have no internet but if we have I will inbox you on FB
    hope you have a nice weekend and have a bit time to do blog hop :)
    will miss you
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this awesome Vintage creation sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you just have to love this Santa and aweome colouring and papers. Hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ho, ho, ho!! What a fabulous Father Christmas Asha, love your pencil work...really brilliant!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 242 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you colored the vintage Santa. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another gorgeous card, Asha! Beautiful coloring, and I love the snowflakes in the background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am trying to catch up on all my blogging! I love this! he has a twinkle in his eye and I think he has had a few rum and eggnogs:) I love how you coloured him and love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas card Asha. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card and image Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Santa's face, he has that old fashioned feel about him and your vintage touches enhances this feeling,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love it ! Such a awesome Santa xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the vintage Santa image and pretty background dp to go with him! Great stitching for accent to Asha :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very vintage and lovely colouring, makes a beautiful card.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fabulous Santa image, Asha, and your coloring is unbelievable! WOW! Love that you used some of those precious, hoarded, gold stars. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is so beautiful! Fab coloring! Thank you for joining the challenge of CC&CC. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...