Friday, 7 August 2015

Dogs Leave Paw Prints

The past 14 years of our lives have been marked with paw prints on the carpet, in the car, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, on the sofas, all over the furniture, on our clothes, on our bed... nothing was spared. André and Rosie made sure of that. I used to think they did it annoy me... especially with the muddy prints! Today, I look back with fond memories of the constant wiping, cleaning, vacuuming... and the truck load of baby wipes.

I made this card to give some special people who helped organise André's farewell for us.  The image and sentiment are from a stamp set by Our Daily Bread Designs called Dog Sympathy. I bought it a couple of years ago and although I love this set, it's one I loathe to use.

The patterned papers are from an old A5 pad by Papermania called Liquorice Sherbet. Three little blings from Doodlebug Beetle Black Jewel sheet  finish the card.

I stamped the image with VersaFine Onyx Black and coloured it with Faber-Castell Polychromo pencils and inked the edges with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to give the it a soft glow.

The sentiment is stamped with VersaFine Olympia Green and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink inked around the edges.

Challenges:
Pattie's Creations #113: AG With Image
As You Like It: Fur/Feather FUR because they fill our hearts with joy and make our house a home. 
V's Sweet Challenge #37: AG
ATSM #156: AG
Craft For The Craic: August Photo Inspiration
QKR Stampede Challenge #151: AG


Supplies:



It is exactly two weeks today that André crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. Losing André and Rosie within months of each other is heart wrenching. How I long to see their paw prints around the house again... even the muddy ones.  I now appreciate the truth in the sentiment on my card.


Thank you for stopping by today. Have a fabulous Friday, friends.

Beijinhos!

27 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful poignant creation Asha. That sentiment is so very true.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Asha, it certainly tugs at your heart strings!! When those sweet paw prints are gone we miss them tremendously dont we! YOu have had to much these past few months, hugs my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card to send your organisers Asha and the photos of you with each of them are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Asha. Sorry to hear of your fur babies passing. Thank you for joining us this month over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Asha, and lovely card. My heart goes out to you. Sending you big hugs my friend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Asha I like the Dog image and the sentiment
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card because one can see the love and emotion in this card. It is so beautiful just like the 2 pictures of you with your fur angels. I still miss Katie and called Wallace Boo-Boo today by mistake as this was Katie's nickname. I know it must be tough, well it is tough. It is wonderful to have friends near you who are there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss. Your card is beautiful, that image is beautiful the eyes especially and colored nicely. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! That is so cute.i. Love the dog image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Boy they sure do leave "paw prints" on our hearts! Sorry for your loss! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede ATG challenge!

    Brenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Asha, your post has brought a tear to my eyes and a lump in my throat, and how true your words are, I'm thinking about my lovely cat Cuillin, and although I have my beautiful Teallach now, I still miss and think of Cuillin often. Like you the memories are always there.
    Your card is beautiful, I love the image and your colouring, you really are a whizz with the pencils, have a good weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huni you made me cray, remembering our lovely cats that we have loved and lost over the years but you also made me smile too, they were our family. The loss will be with you always but it does become more bearable with time and you can look back with love and have awesome memories. A lovely image, not surprised you love and loathe it. Sending huge hugs Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear of your fur babies passing's. Such a great card that has special meaning.
    Thanks for playing in our "ANYTHING GOES + Image" Challenge #113!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss - my heart goes out to you - thanks for sharing your beautiful card at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Popped back to say. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Patties Creations.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and sentiment Asha. It is very hard to lose a furbaby and to lose two in a few weeks must have been very hard. Lots of hugs..laurel&hardy (furbaby)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful card and sentiment. It must be very hard indeed losing two furbabys in such a short period of time but you have all those wonderful memories and photographs x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Asha. What a fabulous card with that gorgeous image. The sentiment is just fantastic too.
    Thank you so much for becoming my latest follower and also for your lovely comment on my blog post, it was so lovely to read.
    I have also just become your latest follower too, and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations.
    Happy crafting and have a lovely day.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Asha, your post and your cards....heart-warming and heart-touching! Hugs to you! Thank you for sharing - in words and images - your sweet fur babies! So glad you joined us in the ATSM gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Asha. Sending you lots of thoughts and special hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this lovely card and the sweet sentiment. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow Asha, this is such a special card and what a fabulous thought behind it as well!! It is absolutely the truest of true about these creatures...everything you've said! We complain sometimes, but boy oh boy, I can't think of living without my Mocca right now! My thoughts are with you my friend and sending big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely card and great sentiment too. Thanks for joining us this week at QKT Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I see your picture and read it
    I feel sad for you too Asha oooh...
    hope you will be have power soon
    Asha The sentiment is right and lovely Image you have
    awesome card my friend
    big hugs for you Asha...
    I can feel your sadness if my lovely one passed away ooh I then has no mojo no blog visit I can understand you
    take my HUGS please

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your dogs were adorable! The sentiment is so true and love your card from the inspiration. Thanks for sharing at Craft for the Craic August. :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...