Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Christmas Joy

Hello again, friends. It's still Christmas in my little crafty corner and I bring you a couple of projects featuring this month's festive stamp release by Chocolate Baroque.

My first card showcases one of the new individual cling mounted stamps called Rejoice!. I prepared the background by blending several colours of Tim Holtz Distress Inks and masking off sections to create the mountains. For the sky I used: Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon and a touch of Aged Mahogany around the edges. The mountain in the foreground: Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans. The moon: Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade.

Here's a closer look at her the rising angel. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured her  with Graph'It alcohol markers.  The wings are heat embossed on vellum using WOW Bright White EP. I fussy cut and adhered both onto the inked background, leaving most of the wings free so she looks like she's flying.


Challenges:
Through The Craft Room Door 25 Aug: AG
Retarte #59: AG
Christmas Card Challenges #38: AG Christmas
Alphabet Challenge: N - No Patterned Paper


My second card is an easy number. I started by making the background by blending Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass and a touch of Shaded Lilac for the sky. Then I stamped the deer, trees and snowflakes from the Sparkling Trees A5 sheet and created a scene. The sentiment is from the Snowy Penguins clear set, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.


I stamped the deer with VersaFine Vintage Sepia; the trees: VersaFine Deep Lagoon; and the snowflakes:VersaMagic Sea Breeze. Next I coloured the images with Caran d'Ache Supracolor Soft water colour pencils and finished the project with Stardust Stickles and Silver Liquid Pearls.
Admittedly, the dimensions are a little off on this card but hey, after a glass mug tanker or two of mulled wine, you'd hardly notice!

Challenges:
Holly Jolly Christmas: Snowflakes and Sparkle
Get Creative #22: No Patterned Paper
Crafty Cardmakers #146: No Patterned Paper
Craft Your Passion #276: AG
Crafting From The Heart #74: AG
Supplies



Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you're having fun with these stamps and getting ahead with your Christmas makes. Just in case you aren't getting enough festive inspiration, I have TWO more in store for you this week! (Is that a groan I hear?!)

Beijinhos!

29 comments:

  1. WOW!! Your coloring is absolutely perfect on the angel image Asha!! Love the design of the deer snow scene too!! These are both truly stunning makes my friend!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards, I love the leaping reindeer - and I haven't even had any mulled wine yet ;) Thank you for playing with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge , “Snowflakes and Sparkle”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsee!! These are wonderful Asha, the background of that angel is fabulous and the leaping stag is magnificent xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - two stunning creations. I adore the background to the angel !!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first card looks so stunning with the vibrant colors and peaceful angel. You sure know how to use your inks! Cute second card, traditional and sweet, i
    I've reindeer on Christmas cards...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such awesome colouring Asha. Awesome creation.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Asha, two very wonderful cards, the colours are fabulous, and love the pearls on the trees, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi your cards are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge blog. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK first -Love the angel!! I love the background and the meaning behind it and the angel is just so beautiful! The 2nd card is fun and sweet and the pearls just make it look like Santa's village from Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer. I had a tanker last Friday and no card was in the making at that point:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Asha, what a magnificent angel on that first card! I love her dressed in purple, of course, and her wings are truly marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to cut short my comment. The trees with the pearls just set off the second card and the reindeer is superb. :-D

      Delete
  11. You certainly made some beautiful Christmas cards. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Asha, I love the them both but the first is Especially beautiful, i love her wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards Asha. The Angel is stunning. Love you have created the background.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards Asha. Love the Angel..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW two stunners Asha. I love the background on your gorgeous angel design and your leaping reindeer is just a perfect Christmas card.

    Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation in my 'no patterned paper' challenge.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cards, Asha! The first one has such gorgeous inking & love the scene you created for the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card thanks for joining the challenge at
    http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, love the beautiful angel on your first card. Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Retarte 50. Good luck!
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these are amazing Asha. Talented lady indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards Asha. I love the way you've colored them. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    xx Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is absolutely beautiful !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door
    Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha, each card I'm looking at today is so stunning, I would love to have coloring lessons from you, you should do a coloring tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simplemente hermosas! muchas gracias por participar en RETARTE de Stampartpapel...feliz semana. Paula, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is gorgeous, a gorgeous Christmas Scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakrs and More. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both stunning cards - I really like the background you made and the way you have decorated the trees.! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & More...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  27. both are adorable
    I especially love the background on the first card and the second too
    awesome design my friend

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...