Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Christmas Candles

Good morning, friends. I'm here to share with you two cards I made featuring stamps from the Christmas Candlelight A5 sheet.

My first card is a Nordic inspired piece. I created a pinewood window scene looking out into a  dark snowy night. Starting with a piece of white card stock, I stamped the 3 candles from Christmas Candlelight and did some fussy cutting with Cutter Bee precision scissors and a kraft knife.  I cut out the window frame and adhered a piece of blue card behind it to create a dark winter night. And since it's winter, I added some falling snow with a Sakura white gel pen and Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter . To colour the pine wood I used Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy and Frayed Burlap. Finally, I added the woodgrain details with Faber-Castell Polychromo Pencils.


I stamped the image with VersaFine Toffee and coloured it with Faber-Castell Polychromo Pencils. I also added some Diamond Stickles to the flames for that warm glow. A few blobs of Daffodil Liquid Pearls on the poinsettia and Opal White Liquid Pearls on the berries complete the card.

Challenges:
Sparkles Forum #55: No Patterned Paper
Christmas Card Challenges #36: AG
CHNC #241: S is for snow
HLS August Christmas: Sparkle
Winter Wonderland: Christmas Carol or Song - Candle in the Window by Alabama
Retarte #58: AG


**********

Sticking with the wood theme, my second card is a simpler affair. I created the background by first scoring a piece of dark kraft card at quarter inch intervals. Then I sponged it  with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. To make the frame for the image I cut a piece pearlescent brown card with Spellbinders Teardrop Circles die.  I finished the card with some red ribbon for a pop of colour.



I stamped the images with Memento Rich Cocoa and coloured them with Graph'It alcohol markers. I stamped extra holy leaves, coloured, fussy cut and adhered them just below the image, hanging over the frame. I also added the pine cones over the frame.


Challenges:
TTCRD 11 Aug: AG
Craft Your Passion #274: AG
Crafting From The Heart #72: AG
ABC Christmas: P is for Polka dots - on ribbon
CHNC Extra August: AG Christmas

Supplies:



Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a beautiful day and I'll be seeing ya in blogland! I'll leave you with the song that inspired these cards - A Candle In The Window from the Alabama Christmas album.

Beijinhos!




31 comments:

  1. Hello Asha. These are gorgeous and so full of lovely colour and detail. Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really beautiful creations Asha. Someone is going to be very lucky and receive these.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Asha, particularly well suited to the wood theme too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Asha, I love both of your cards, the traditional candles image is so beautiful and your colours and embellishments are wonderful, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Christmas cards are beautiful Asha, I love the candles
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful traditional card for Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are wonderful. I love the candle designs. Beautiful Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always Asha ,you have shared awesome cards .Beautiful colouring of Christmas images .Thanks for sharing with Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful detail Asha. You are doing well with your Christmas cards x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous. I love the designs
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my these cards make me feel like I'm ready for Christmas!! (Almost!) LOL!! That candle image is really stunning and I love the window affect one with the cool night sky in the background!! Your second card is equally stunning with the texture and style! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both Beautiful christmas cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. From the sounds and look of it your first card must have been quite timeconsuming to make, but wow do I love the look of it! Love the candles standing in front of the window, so peaceful and traditional.
    Your second one is beautiful too, love the wooden look and classy layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both so beautiful and goes well with the song. I love all the fussy cutting which I do often and know how much that entails. I have to get a stamp with candles on it. If you don't mind me saying I think lighting these candles are for your furbabies too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful work. I like the idea of the window. Congratulatiions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous cards. I especially love all the added sparkle to the first one. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two beautiful cards, love the sparkle on the first one. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow
    both are adorable
    the first one so festive Asha
    love love love
    and the second one great made too
    hope you have mojo soon and visiting me..you will see I made a card using something from you..(the MUM stamp)
    big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are beautiful!!! That sparkle on the first card is an excellent touch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha, your cards are beautiful. It's great to see how you used the candles differently and came up with two great cards. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creations, Asha. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 241 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards. Love your coloring. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two beautiful cards - love those candle images and the sparkle you added. Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Asha, works of art, both! The candle arrangements are beautiful, and situating them on a windowsill, where we can see the dark starry night...oh my! Tranquility...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  26. Muy bello trabajo! Gracias por participar con nosotras en RETARTE de Stampartpapel...Feliz semana! Paula, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous window you created for those candles! I love both cards actually. I love the way the deepness of the blue offsets the candles. It really provides a lot of interest. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two great card - perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card Asha. Love the pine cone embellishment. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for August.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...