Wednesday, 5 August 2015

CASE-ing Christmas #28: August

Hello, friends! Welcome back to the CASE-ing Christmas Challenge! We've made a few changes to our regular  program and have decided to become a MONTHLY challenge. So, starting August 2015 our challenge will run from the 5th of each month at 6:00am CST until the last day of the month at 11:55pm CST.

Each month, we will be celebrating CHRISTMAS on the 25th by doing a random giveaway to one lucky participant! We will have a variety of prizes to give out, but you MUST be linked up by the 23rd of each month in order to be entered into the drawing! :)

All other rules still apply, and the concept of the challenge is not changing. As before,  we'll give you a card to CASE and you CASE it! If you've never CASEd a card, here's what you need to do:
  • Look at the CASE card photo.
  • Be inspired by some element of the card. This could be colours, layout, image, etc.
  • Make a card based on that inspiration and link it up at the CASE-ing Christmas Challenge Blog by 11:55pm CST 31 August 2015.
Let's kick off our challenge by showing you the card to CASE for the month of August.  This beautiful card was created by Steph and I can't wait to see your take on it.

I've pretty much stuck to Steph's sketch and made a super simple card. The background paper is from a very old pad by Papermania called "Henbury Lane - Poinsettia".  The lace border was given to me by my sister which I have been saving for a "special occasion"... that's the standard excuse by the hoarder in me. I have lots of stuff waiting in line for that "special occasion"! LOL.


To brighten things up, I've added some tiny green bling. I put together letters cut with WRMK Lifestyle Parade Alphabet dies to make the greeting.

Challenges:
Always Something Creative #104: CAS
Inspiration Destination #45: AG
Word Art Wednesday #195: AG Family Friendly
Christmas Card Challenge #35: Colour Combo /AG Christmas
CHNC Extra August: AG Christmas
Winter Wonderland: Christmas Carol / Song - Noel
TTCRD Aug 4: AG


Supplies:



Link up your project by 23 August 2015 and you will be entered into the Christmas in August random prize draw.  We are giving away this beautiful  digital stamp set called Stencil In The Holidays by MHK Designs. It includes pre-coloured images along with the B&W versions and 3 sentiments!


Head on over to the CASE-ing Christmas Challenge Blog for links to all the cards for August. There's no shortage of inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy CASE-ing!

Beijinhos!

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful CASE Asha, I love the die and the colour combo. I hope you are doing well, take care, Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully simple card and yet so pretty and effective Asha, the die is gorgeous.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christmas cards Asha, stunning designs..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on my card this month!! It's simple, and elegant, and oh so lovely. Great card Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Asha and I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to use that scrummy lace, that's the Sister's Christmas card in the bag though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha, this is SO gorgeous! I am loving the fabulous felt border--perfect for this stunning card! Thinking of and praying for you, friend. HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha, this is just fantastic! I love the lovely lace and the stitching! I need to learn to sew on my cards! I am so happy to be on the team with you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on the card Asha. The lace border is Beautiful..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my this is such a gorgeous Christmas design Asha!! I love your CASE and fabulous colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Asha this is beautiful, I love that border and the colour theme is fabulous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card-I love that beautiful red-lace border. You set it off with the green bling:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooow Asha the lace from your sister is funtastic
    Love your traditional christmas card color on this post
    lovely add of that green gems
    and lovely sentiment too
    I always love seeing your christmas card
    Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Asha, I like the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, The lace is so beautiful especially with the green bling. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 195th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful lace. I do the same, saving for something special. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card and I love the layout. I need to get back to my card making next week and Christmas is on my priority list again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Asha, I really like the bold red scroll on the soft green!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for entering our Christmas Cards Challenge this week and good luck!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for June - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the case card and I think you've made a wonderful Asha styled version of it, can't wait to have a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the simplicity of this card. beautifully constructed. thank you for joining us over at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great take on the inspirational card! I love that homespun look of stitching around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  25. Asha, Beautiful card. Love the scattered jewels.
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful! I love the sewing and all those rhinestone accents, a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous die cut on the card. Love the stitching too! Have a great day!
    Donna
    CASE-ing Christmas teamie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely fabulous how you CASEd Steph's card, Asha!! The lace border fits perfectly well!!
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice....simple yet elegant...and I love the colors :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...