Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Eclectic Ellapu July: Travel

Hello July! It's time for another month-long challenge over at  Eclectic Ellapu.  Thank you so much for playing along with us last month. So many gorgeous entries! I hope you'll join us again this month.

As always the 2 teams - Pinks and Purples - are playing together, but they have own themes. The Pinkies are going places with a "Travel " theme and the Purplies are having fun with "Favourite Holiday".

My "Travel" themed card showcases this cute little Scooter by Hot Off The Press. I ordered this stamp back in April 2013 because it reminded me of the hours of fun Snoopy and I had riding together. Sadly the stamp arrived a week after Snoopy died and I haven't been able to look at it without breaking down ... until now.

I wanted to make a fun, bright, summery card and this pattered paper from Fancy Pants Beach Babe 6x6 pad fit the bill.  



Here's a close up of the image, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos. The sentiment is stamped with VersaFine Satin Red. I stamped the grass with Memento Bamboo Leaves and added a few more blades with Faber Castell Polychromos. Snoopy would have loved to ride on this Scooter.



Challenges:
Addicted To Stamps And More #151: AG
Crafter's Fun #123: Summer Fun
Crafting By Designs July: AG
Crafting For All Seasons #105: Cute & Summery
Mod Squad: Patterned Paper
Wonderful Wednesday: AG
Word Art Wednesday #190: AG / Family Friendly
Inspiration Destination #40: AG


Supplies:



Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 concurrent challenges: "Travel" for the Pink Team and "Favourite Holiday" for the Purple Team. You can enter one or both challenges as many times as you wish, but make sure you link up your projects by 11:59pm UK on 31st July 2015.

Thank you for stopping by today. Here's to a fabulous month of July!

Beijinhos!

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great card and I love how you dedicated it to Snoopy. I love the colouring and the sentiment is puntastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card design and I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Asha
    love that red Scooter
    great coloring
    love your grass too and adorable DP you have
    Asha I love this card and love the simple design too
    If you have 3 minutes time I have great news (new DT member) yay
    hope you like to visiting me and see it..
    will join the travel challenge soon
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this one Asha, the scooter image is tooo cute and great coloring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and love the punny sentiment! Snoopy would have been happy either way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a fun image Asha!! I love it!! Your coloring is really gorgeous!! Fabulous make my friend! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so Cute Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, haha, the sentiment made me laugh! This is just too cute and the coloring is fantastic! I am so sorry about Snoopy. I understand the pain of the loss of a pet. We lost our Savage back in 2007 and I swear there are times, I can still here the pitter patter of his paws as he's running to greet me at the door when I come home. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Asha, brilliant card, fab scooter image and I love your summer colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and cute image with awesome sentiment. Love the simple look to the card and one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh this card makes me want to hop on and take a ride in the summer sunshine Asha! Beautifully done and I'm glad that you finally got it out and used it. I do think that Snoopy would have loved riding this with you. Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie for Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card, fun paper and such great colouring with your polychromos. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Asha, such a fun make. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card, love the paper. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the scooter stamp and the DP background. Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous card, thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This works so well - always love your makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing image and coloring. I like how you did the grass. Awesome job! We appreciate you joining our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again this week for a brand new challenge. Leaving you the hope only God's Word can provide in Joshua 1:9 and it says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Have an awesome week!

    Always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful creation, great design, colors and coloring, cute sentiment as well. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Barb

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...