Here's how I made this card:
1. Heat emboss the bird cage from A Little Bird Told Me A5 sheet onto black card stock using WOW Embossing Powder Gold Rich.
2. Fussy cut the insides of the bird cage.
3. Stamp the bird from Free As A Bird A5 sheet onto bleed proof paper with Memento Tuxedo Black and colour with Graph'It alcohol markers in shades of orange and yellow.
4. Fussy cut the bird and adhere on the black card next to the golden cage.
5. Trim the black card to measure 4" x 5-1/2". Punch out random holes measuring 3/16" around the image.
6. Layer the black card over blue foil paper measuring 4-1/4 " x 5-3/4". Optional extra: stitch with gold metallic thread. Adhere the finished piece onto white card base measuring 4-1/5" x 6".
Here's a close up of the bird and cage. I especially like the way the light catches the metallic card... although it was a real pain to photograph!
Fab N Funky #267: Inspired By A Song - A Bird In A Gilded Cage by Harry Anthony (1904!)
Word Art Wednesday #191: AG Family Friendly
Addicted To Stamps & More #152: Make Your Mark - alcohol markers
Papertake Weekly: AG
And don't forget to join the CASE-ing Christmas Blog Hop. Details of prizes and rules is on the CASE-ing Christmas Blog Hop. Chocolate Baroque is sponsoring a prize! Woohoo! Head on over there and start from the beginning. Make sure you complete the whole hop for the most chances to win! The Blog Hop ends at 11:55pm (Central) on July 17th. I'm looking forward to seeing your creation over at CASE-ing Christmas Blog Hop.
That's all from me today. Hope y'all are having a fab summer so far. Remember to stay safe and keep you furbabes safe too. Heat kills. My furbabes spend most of the day indoors ... asleep. Pretty much what they do in the winter too!
Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow with a Chocolatey inspiration for the CASE-ing Christmas Blog Hop.