Wednesday, 3 June 2015

May Card Chain Challenge

Hello there, crafty cohorts! It's time for another show and tell - my third is as many days! I sometimes amaze myself. LOL. Today's post is about the May Card Chain Challenge. 37 girls made and exchanged cards across the globe! You can see the full reveal here: May 2015 Card Chain Challenge Reveal.  I got a gorgeous card from Dee in Kenya.

If you're new to the Card Chain Challenge gig, check out the CCC FAQs over at Debi's Society of Stampaholics. Basically we send out card a card a month and receive one in return from anywhere in the world. It's fun getting something other than bills in the mail. You should try it!

For the May challenge, we were given a choice of Colour or Sketch or Theme (Flags / Food / Friendship) or Products (Coloured Pencils). I picked Friendship and Coloured Pencils and made a card Becca Cruger in North Dakota.

I've used this stunning poppy by Chocolate Baroque. It's from the Pretty Poppies A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Smokey Grey on to Canson Aquarelle cold-press paper. I coloured the image with Caran d'Ache Suprasoft Watercolour Pencils.   Instead of going with the usual poppy-red, I opted for deep reds, pinks and purple for a regal look. And the rebel in me pushed for CAS. I'm actually quite pleased with how this card turned out!


I was going to water colour this piece, which is why I used watercolour paper and pencils. But I liked the look and decided to keep it dry. What do you think?


Challenges:
Retarte #50: AG
Word Art Wednesday #186: AG Family Friendly
Crafting By Design: AG June
Addicted To Stamps & More #147: Make Your Mark - watercolour pencils
The Shabby Tea Room #253: In My Garden (+ photo inspiration)
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Royal - regal colours





Supplies:



Thank you for stopping by, chums. Have a lovely Wednesday and enjoy the sun! It's almost summer.

Beijinhos!

32 comments:

  1. It's beautiful . Love your colouring and choice of colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is absolutely gorgeous, Asha!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Asha and such a great idea, I have just done something similar and might just have to join in the fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word this is so amazingly beautiful, WOW!! love your technique with the colouring as its super duper cool. I love the deep red colours, adds such elegance. Well done my super duper loyal crafty friend.

    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Beautiful Asha.. I Love that stamp..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the dry look-looks intense with the colours and just so bright and happy. A great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, the colours of your poppy are so rich, beautiful design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Asha the colours of the flowers look amazing, so realistic, a truly beautiful make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this card! It's so pretty and is sitting proudly in my dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love this Asha, the flowers are so beautiful!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Asha - and what richness to the colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful but I can see this as a water color piece too. I love the colors you used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Asha and your colouring is stunning..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous CAS card Asha and stunning colouring too, the flowers look real enough to smell and touch.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is truly stunning and wonderful sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really beautiful Asha. Gorgeous colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So so gorgeous Asha!! I love the colors and the pretty sparkle that's on them!! What a wonderful sentiment too! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful coloring Asha...it looks stunning
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely stunning, your coloring is amazing!! Breathtaking actually.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bello trabajo...felicidades. Gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte de Stampartpapel..saludos. Paula, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is stunning and I love those flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous card, Asha! Your coloring is fabulous! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Asha, what at fabulous card, you had me fooled though, your colouring is so great I thought you had done some fancy embroidery! Have a great weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Preciosa tarjeta. Gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte#50 de Stampartpapel.
    Saludos. Maria Pilar, DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful, Asha. Your cards are always such a blessing to me, and I'm SO grateful to have you share your talents with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a wonderful creation! Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Becca must be so happy got this adorable colored flower
    oh Asha
    you contiuned the CCC I stop for a while ...cause so many DT member card I have to made
    and I love your coloring this is really funtastic card Asha
    love love love this

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful! I love the wonderful flowers and the sweet stitched detail. Thanks for sharing with us at WAW!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty flowers, love all the gorgeous colors too, glad to see you at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous flowers! Your coloring with pencils is awesome!! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...