Thursday, 18 June 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Fragments For Autumn

Hello there, friends! I'm back with another Chocolate Baroque make. Today, I'm showcasing the June release Seasonal Fragments sheet. This sheet has 12 fragments which take through every month and every season of the year. In my previous posts I've played with spring - summer themes fragments and today we move on to Autumn.

I'm playing with 2 stamps from the Seasonal Fragments sheet with a late summer - autumn feel. To be honest, I'm not sure if these are meant to be autumnal but just roll with me here! :)

First I created a rich, spicy background by blending various shades of orange, yellow and brown Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed,  Brushed Corduroy, Vinatge Photo and Walnut Stain. Then I stamped the fragments from the Seasonal Fragments sheet. I masked off the moon... in hindsight, I'm not sure I should have. But it's done! :)


The mushrooms are from the Autumn Poppy A4 sheet, coloured with Graph'It alcohol markers, fussy cut and adhered to the card.


Then I applied flicks of shine with a Silver Sharpie to make it look like its catching the moonlight.


Challenges:
Moving Along With The Times: Inspired by Song - Harvest Moon by Neil Young
Word Art Wednesday #188: AG Family Friendly
Seize The Birthday: Birthdays + Optional Twist Nothing But Neutrals
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Fave Technique / Product - Distress Inks
Wonderful Wednesday: AG


Supplies:



And there you have it - a card for an Autumn birthday. I dare you not to Fall in love with these Seasonal Fragments! (Sorry, I just had to say it! LOL).

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see y'all tomorrow for a Christmas project!

Beijinhos!

10 comments:

  1. Really amazing design Asha!! LOVE the pop of red on the mushrooms against that yellow background!! Really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is pretty and I love the moon. It fits right in. You coloured the mushrooms wonderfully and I love the blending of all the colours in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card design. Love the rich colors and beautiful moon and mushrooms. Just fantastic in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous creation Asha. Really gorgeous colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Asha, I love those mushrooms. Fabulous coloring and the out-of-the-box is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the colours you used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background is stunning and the mushrooms look fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know Asha
    I adore your coloring and this is again Stunning
    and the background
    oooh so adorable made
    Love love love this much
    I am speechless today on your blog post Asha hehe (LOL) all are adorable all I love

    ReplyDelete
  9. That background is amazing and I can't image how long it took to fussy cut those wonderful mushrooms! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...