Friday, 29 May 2015

Polka Doodles #22: Girly But No Pink

Good morning, friends! Time for a for a little inspiration for this fortnight's challenge: Girly But No Pink. Here's my offering - a country lady in tweed taking her dog for a walk.

I'm keeping this card simple so that the spotlight will be on the this lovely image from Polka Doodle's Work & Play 10 - Country Life. The patterned papers and greeting are from the collection. There are hardly any embellishments on this card, save for the few buttons.


Here's a closer look at the image which I coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos. I also added some grass to ground the image. I'd like to think that's me taking Rosie for a walk. Although... tweed jacket and a feather in a hat? I think not!


Challenges:
Chocolate Coffee Cards #92: Summer Fun (walking my dog)
Crafting For All Seasons #103: 1-2-3 (One Image, 2 papers, 3 buttons)
Crafty Creations #290: All Creatures Great And Small
Crafty Gals Corner #21: Critters
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: AG



Supplies:



Now it's over to you, my friends. Create any project - card, tag, lay-out, box, bag, etc - as long as it's Girly But No Pink. You have until Noon (UK Time) on Friday, 5 June 2015, to link up your entries over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. You don't have to use Polka Doodles products to enter, but if you have it, by all means, flaunt it! One randomly selected winner will receive a generous gift of £5 to spend in the Polka Doodles Store.

And before I sign off.... don't forget to check out this fabulous new release: Serenity Fairy - a magical collection of digis, papers and so much more. I think you'll be sorely tempted to get it.


That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments.  See you in a bit - I have another post in a couple of hours. :) Have a fabulous Friday. It's going to be a scorcher for us - a searing 24ºC! Woohooo!

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Asha and I'm with you ... no feathered hat for me either when I walk the dod (or should I say, when he walks me)! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Asha, brilliant colouring of your country lady. I never look that stylish when I am walking Suzy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable Asha, just love that dog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! There are some wonderful cards here. I'm not very arty but I think I would having a go at making a few cards myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love the image and your colouring, the dog is wonderful! Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic creation Asha. Awesome colouring.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation with wonderful colors. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge. Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your simple layout Asha wooohoo this image is so so cuute and great colored and I love all the color combo too
    Adorable made my friend
    hugs, Monika (I feel a bit sad but its ok :) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Asha, the image is wonderful and what fabulous colouring, lovely memory for you with Rosie, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning image and so beautifully colored with your pencils!! I love the look of that...not tried that and don't use my pencils very often, but I will have to remember this!! Really fabulous card my friend! Enjoy your weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite the stylish outfit for a walk with the dog...Although I don't have a tweed jacket or feathered hat, I think I could be persuaded to wear them if I know I'd look as good as the image you've created here. Such a pretty card...and the fact that it kindles memories of you and Rosie makes it all the more special!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! I love the sweet image you used. Thank you for joining our fun over at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is one of my favourite images on this cd, love what you've done with it.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengen. Hope to see you back soon. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this Asha! The image is so sweet and beautifully colored! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

      Delete
  16. This is a great card without pink. I love the colours and she reminds me of a typical German with the feather in her hat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, beautifully coloured.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute image! I love your coloring too. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello!!!! Love this and aren't you a whiz with the pencils! Super duper stuff, your colouring of the dog is awesome! Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

  20. Beautiful work and just perfect for our current challenge..

    {Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous card, such a wonderful image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x
    I'm having a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...