Sunday, 17 May 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Vintage Dressmaker

Hello again, friends. I'm back with 2 vintage inspired card projects featuring stamps from Chocolate Baroque's The Sewing RoomFloral Mannequins and Dressmaking Collage. The patterned papers used on both my cards are from an old magazine - a great way to recycle. Bear in mind, I haven't a clue what vintage or shabby chic truly mean. As long as it's old, wrinkly and distressed - that's good enough for me. We'll all end up like that... eventually! :)

My first card features a dress form from The Sewing Room sheet which I heat embossed in black with WOW Ebony EP and fussy cut. There's also some second generation stamping of safety pins at the bottom ... if you look hard! :) I used Memento Toffee Crunch. The sentiment is form the Birthday Words A5 sheet, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. I dabbed a little Old Paper Distress Ink all over the background paper for that aged look.


I coloured the dress form and the pin cushion from the Floral Mannequins sheet with Polychromos. To finish, I added Liquid Pearls in Rose Gold and White Opal to the printed roses on the left and stitched down cream cotton lace along the right edge of the card.

Challenges:
All Sorts #311: No Squares Allowed
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge: AG. Twist - Add Pink

************

I went on a manic distress-fest on my second card. First, I stamped the lace from The Sewing Room sheet along the top edge of a page from an old magazine with VersaFine Spanish Moss. Next,  for the background stamping I used the Dressmaking Collage clear sheet and Tea Dye Distress Ink. Finally, I distressed the edges... good and proper ... and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I stamped the greeting with VersaFine Vintage Sepia, did a little stitching and finished the project with a few buttons from my stash..


The dress form is from the Floral Mannequins sheet, heat embossed in black, fussy cut and adhered to the card. I dressed it with a piece of sheer green ribbon around the waist.

Challenges:
Hiding In My Craft Room #199: Button Up
Left Of Creative Centre #78: Distress It


Supplies:



Thanks for stopping by. I'm still catching up on visiting and commenting. Please bear with me while I make my way through the backlog. In the meantime, here's a photo of Peanut. Not sure what she's up to... potty training perchance, or is she trying to grow herself?!
Peanut gone potty!

Have a Blessed Sunday, friends!

Beijinhos

24 comments:

  1. 2 stunning cards Asha and how adorable is peanut xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous cards Asha...beautiful stitching, as usual. Love the vintagey feel to these and the pretty lace and buttons are wonderful touches. Love the picture of Peanut, she looks really pleased with herself!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really beautiful creations Asha, Lovely colours and design.
    Ah bless love this photo of peanut.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, love the different dress forms and the distressing and stitching looks great.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha, your cards are beautiful and Peanut looks adorable. Have you ever seen Hope for Paws (dog rescue site?) They have a video about Jordon who looks simoilar to Peanut.. it's quite a story, I'll send you a link via email or the CB Ning :) Take care, Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dressmakers themes! The distress ink is so soft and wonderful. Really adds to the vintage feel on your lovely card. The stitching and buttons are wonderful texture. Thanks for playing along with Left of Center Creative Challenges, Distress It!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, love both of your dress maker cards, simply beautiful. I'm with you, never really known what makes vintage, I tend to go with Granny florals, beige and Brown hues. Have a great week. .. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cards are fabulous, you've captured vintage perfectly. I like that you implied that we will be "vintage", sounds better than old. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are great! I love the shabby chic look. Now, Peanut looks like she is waiting for some flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Peanut is just so cute, she looks so tiny, or the flower pot is large.
    Two gorgeous cards Asha, these stamps are fabulous, love the stamped backgrounds, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards Asha. They are both perfect for our Distress It! challenge (#78) over at Left of Center Creative Challenges. I adore the stitching & love that you added second gen stamping of safety pins to the 1st card. It really pulls the haberdashery design together. I hope you can join us for our next weekly challenge. AELx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both gorgeous cards Asha. I do love the distressed one the best. Peanuts looks soooo Cute..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are adorable Asha
    I always love seeing your distressing
    look so vintage
    I love them Both
    I am sorry not go around...was so busy with my kids..
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me again
      I was giving commentar in the office (naughty me) then my Boss came
      also I send the button PUBLISH haha not fininsh
      I want to say love the Dp you have on the firs card look so shabby chic and elegant
      the second card I love the vintage feeling cause you distress the edge of the paper
      Stunning card using these sewing theme
      Love them both Asha...oops I write the same one again hihi :)
      see you around my dear friend
      hope you feel more better..
      cheers
      Monika

      Delete
  14. I love love dressmakes and both of your vintage cards are AWEsome Asha!! I love every inch of them :) Cute pic of Peanut!! Have a super week my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful card designs. Great vintage style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, love the background you created and buttons. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really stunning cards here Asha! I absolutely LOVE the top card as you've picked out the most perfect papers to go with your design and you've represented shabby chic very nicely indeed my friend!! :)

    LOL!! That "potty" pup cracks me up!! So sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, LOVE your newest photo of Peanut ! Too cute. OK, about the cards -- I was almost too distracted by Peanut to pay attention to why I'm visiting. :-D I don't know what it is about dress forms that always makes me smile but I love both of these. Maybe it's because I have spent so many hours of my life sewing and fitting things to my dress forms. In any case, I love how you tied the ribbon on the second card !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards, great details. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous sewing cards, beautiful elements.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are beautiful Asha, love all the sewing detail. Well done.

    Looks like peanut is so much fun to have around :). Sending you hugs my friend Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty cards, both of them! And a totally adorable Peanut :-)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
    ♥ Lena – DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  23. *Potty* training....hahahahha! Love that photo; your little Peanut is darling! Speaking of darling:so, too, are your cards! The sewing details are so impressive...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...