Thursday, 7 May 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Ribbon & Lace

Good morning all! Chocolate Baroque has released new stamps for May and they are gorgeous. The theme haberdashery. New to me and I am LOVING it.  These unmounted rubber stamps come in 2 A5 sheets:
The Sewing Room
Floral Mannequins




















Here are 2 card project ideas featuring these stamp sets. It's been over 4 decades since I had this much fun playing dress-up! Follow me into The Sewing Room and let's have fun with the Floral Mannequins.

My first card highlights the lovely dress-form from The Sewing Room A5 sheet. I was inspired by a wedding dress. I heat embossed the dress-form in black with WOW Ebony EP onto Carftwork Cards Pure Kraft 350gsm heavy weight card and fussy cut it. Then I ruffled up some sheer white ribbon and cream lace to "build" the under-skirt of a wedding dress. It's work in progress, not that the bride would walk down the aisle in something quite see-though... I hope! :)  The patterned papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection Lincoln Linen 6x6 pad. The greeting is from Loving Sentiments A5 sheet.


I did fuss about making the skirt. Each layer is carefully wrapped around following the shape of the dress-form. I used Range Multi Media Matte to adhere down the ribbon and lace. The ribbon is from my stash but the cream lace is real vintage material from my friend Sandie of London Days.

Can you imagine the hustle and bustle in a real sewing room! For a touch of bridal glamour, I added Anita's 2mm clear bling to make a necklace, holding in place with a little Ranger Glossy Accents.



More lace on my second card, only this time I'm using stamps from the Floral Mannequins A5 sheet.  The background was created by stamping the lace fragment directly onto a piece of patterned paper from Basic Grey's Picadilly 6x6 pad with Memento Rich Cocoa ink followed by a little colouring with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils. The ruffled lace is also from the Floral Mannequins A5 sheet, but this time I heat embossed it with WOW Bright White EP onto Bazzil 40lb vellum and fussy cut it. Then I wrapped a piece of green ribbon around it and tied a simple knot. The greeting is from the Birthday Words A5 sheet stamped on a piece of the same patterned paper withMemento Rich Cocoa ink.


I coloured the mannequin with Graph'It alcohol markers, fussy cut and mounted it with some foam tape. Same deal withe the pin cushions and spools, minus the foam tape. I LOVE the vellum lace, so delicate and beautiful.


Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Let's Get Sentimental
Inspiration Destination #31: AG
The Paper Shelter #202: Lace
Sisterhood of Crafters: Monochromatic
Wonderful Wednesday: AG
Word Art Wednesday #182: AG / Family Friendly
Shopping Our Stash #200: Big Bold Beautiful
Retarte #46: AG


Supplies:



Thank you for stopping and playing dress-up with me. Back to the real world now! :) Have a lovely day, friends....the weekend is sooo near... almost here!

Beijinhos!


26 comments:

  1. Two very different creations Asha but both so gorgeous in their own right. AWESOME!!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what fabulous designs Asha! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Monochromatic’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Asha. I Love the lace on the dress..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab Asha, love the lacy skirt on the first and the colours of the second are gorgeous. I am thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous projects and both so creative! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! You went all out. I could never sew a little skirt like that as I can't sew:) It is so cute and perfect for a wedding or an egeagment card. The second card is so beautifully coloured. I love the background you created with the lacy look and flowers and I thought it was real lace across the card until I looked closer after reading what you wrote-so well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous cards, so unique and detailed! I had never heard of haberdashery so looked it up, my new knowledge for today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Asha, beautifully detailed and colourd, love them, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these stamp sets!!! Your DT card is absolutely fabulous Asha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card designs and love the creative ways you used the lace. That is a beautiful dress you created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! Nicely presented! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Asha, that lace on the dress form is magnificent! I know that had to take some time to get it just so but it was worth every minute. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Encantadora tarjeta. Muchas gracias por participar con nosotras en el Retarte de Stampartpapel. Buena suerte!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, that skirt made of ribbon looks absolutely amazing, I think everything about this card is so beautiful. One of my favorites!
    Love your second one two, fabulous stamping, at first I thought the stamped lace was real lace.
    Fantastic job, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Asha thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, they look amazing! Great job!
    Thank you for sharing and joining us at The Paper Shelter!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2 amazing cards Asha, love them x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZER!! These are both really stunning designs Asha!! I really love the delicate ruffles you've created for the dress!! So clever!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous cards! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice card ! Thanks so much for playing in Retarte Challenge over at Stampartpapel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beautiful !!! Lovely details ..
    Thank you for participating in our Paper Shelter "Lace" challenge this week !!
    Good luck!

    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Asha, Gorgeous cards, love the dress card it has so much texture and the lace is just divine! Have a good one... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are both stunning - but the dress made my jaw drop! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bellisimas! Gracias por participar en Retarte de Stampartpapel

    ReplyDelete
  25. AMAZING CARD ASHA
    you made me want to have this sets
    the first card with that ribbon woooohooo I ADORE IT MUCH
    the second card ooh woooww I love your coloring the flower so stunning Asha
    perfetto card for lady who love sewing
    I ADORE THEM BOTH

    ReplyDelete
  26. Asha, your cards are gorgeous! I'm especially in love with the dress...stunning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...