Saturday, 23 May 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Clean And Simple

Talk about being late! This post should have gone live yesterday ... ooops! We spent the entire day out. Not by design, but by accident. But it was lovely, though.  No regrets... except for my blog-absence. Without further delays, here's a card I made using Chocolate Baroque's haberdashery themed stamp sets: Floral Mannequins and Dressmaking Collage.

I started off with CAS in mind, that is until I decided to throw in all sorts of sewing related doo-dahs. If only my craft room looked this tidy!



I heat embossed the mannequin in black, dabbed on some colour with Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn and Picked Raspberries, fussy cut and adhered it to a piece of cream card. Next I stamped the various elements on bleed-proof card, coloured with alcohol markers, fussy cut and piled them on to the card. Finally, a greeting from the Birthday Words, stamped with VersaFine Crimson Red and it's done!



Challenges:
All Sorts #312: Happy Birthday
Suzy's Bloomin' Challenge #81: AG Girly
Seize The Birthday: AG Birthday
Wonderful Wednesday #20: AG
Creative Challenge: AG

Supplies:



Thanks for stopping by today. I have a gazillion chores to catch on today. But do I really want to spend the day going laundry and ironing? What do you think! Have a super fun day, friends!

Beijinhos!

22 comments:

  1. Love this card! It is so girly and pretty although you will never see me sew. I can do a button and that's all. Glad you had a great day out-You deserve that

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super sewing inspired card Asha and great colours as well.

    Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the big prize draw and don't forget the DT have more prizes on their own blogs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Asha, I think I must really get these stamps, I love your colours and all the sewing detals, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Asha. I say craft and leave the chores lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, Asha! Glad you moved away from the CAS plan, otherwise this card would not have happened. But hey, why not make one CAS also. I love this dressmaker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card abd stamp set Asha. Perfect for a sewing lady..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Asha, such fab colouring and so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Asha! Love your coloring. ~ Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this beautiful sewing card. You did an amazing job here...

    Sorry I have not been around lately. Moving house has really thrown off my routines. Even though it is much newer than our last house, there is still a lot of work to do to make it just the way we want it to be! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a stunning and beautiful design with your lovely sewing themed images!! Gorgeous coloring and accents my friend!! Hope you enjoyed the weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card thanks for sharing with SBBC his week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and love all the sewing elements!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous card!!!
    Thank you for joining our Wonderful Wednesday challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. all are great element Asha
    I love the dress maker and his friends here
    all area adorable on your card
    I love the color combo too
    big hugs from Munich
    I already feel ok but a bit mojo also no card from today hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely spectacular, Asha! Love your coloring and your incredible fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this design, the stamps, the colours and the layout. Thankyou for sharing it with us at Allsorts Challenge. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing along with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea! Thank you for joining our Creative Corner challenge. :)//Cat - Creative Corner Admin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for joining our 6th birthday challenge at allsorts tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I haven't the first clue about sewing (I can navigate a needle-and-thread to sew on a button..that's the extent of my skills), but my mom sews and your card reminds me of her. Net result: love this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...