Tuesday, 5 May 2015

April Card Chain Challenge

Well hello, my friends! It's May already, can you believe it?! The days are passing by so fast...and for once I am not complaining. Ever since Rosie crossed over the Rainbow Bridge I have not been able to get into my crafting routine. I'm not feeling creative. Instead, I'm neglecting my blog, not doing enough visiting or commenting and I keep waking up at night because I can't hear the gentle rumble of Rosie's snore. So yes, I want the days to pass by quickly to help me not think or wallow too much. Life goes on, right?

Here I am taking a step in the right direction with my April Card Chain Challenge project. This girly number went to Mrs A in the UK. And I got a beautiful card from a sweet card from Greta in Oregon.

If you're new to the Card Chain Challenge gig, check out the CCC FAQs over at Debi's Society of Stampaholics. Basically we send out card a card a month and receive one in return from anywhere in the world. It's fun getting something other than bills in the mail. You should try it!

On to this month's CCC exchange. We were given a choice of Colour or Sketch or Theme (Cinco de Maio / Memories / Friendship) or Products (Dies). I picked Friendship and Dies for my card. The stamps and dies are by Clearly Besotted. The flowers and greeting are from the Fabulous Fuchsia set, cut out with coordinating flower and branch dies.  I inked the background with Tim Holtz's Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and finished the project with 3 sequins.


Here's a close-up.  I'm having a go at CAS... again! Take a look at how I've used the dies: the branch is in-laid and the flowers are over-laid. Nothing new here but I was thrilled! To colour the flowers I used Promarkers and stamped the branch and leaves with VersaMagic Tea Leaves. For the sentiment I used Memento Espresso Truffle.



Challenges:
2 Crafty Girls #2: Colour Inspiration
Eureka Stamps #139: Feminine Cards
Stamplorations May Challenge: Stamps & Leaves
Make My Monday: Trees or Leaves
Perfectly Rustic #47: 3 of Something - sequins
Stamp & Create May: Flowers
The Shabby Tea Room: Photo Inspiration Pretty In Pink
Happy Little Stampers May CAS: Die Cuts / Punches

2 Crafty Girls
The Shabby Tea Room

Supplies:



That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish y'all a crafty week. I'm going to force myself to get inky. Wish me luck!

Beijinhos!

34 comments:

  1. Hi Asha-This card is so sweet. I love the polka dot leaves. You coloured the flowers so well and always the nice stitching. I know it must be hard but I am glad you are forcing yourself to create something. Rosie would want you to. Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls, good luck!!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha it is hard and your lovely and beautiful Rosie will be over you and guiding you, Big hugs my friend xx

    Your card is absolutely beautiful and so pretty, I love clearly besotted stamps,well I have a bit of weakness for them, I keep buying them but I am on a no spending plan in May so no crafty treats..lol

    Take care
    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Asha, I like the sponging and stitching, they add so much to your already gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Girls. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and flowers Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fuchsia and I love the image on your card Asha. Thinking of you! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. The stamped flower looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my these are absolutely gorgeous flowers Asha!! I love the colors you've chosen for them and I have to say that they look exactly like the hanging basket of flowers I bought for my mom for Sunday! ;) The added sequins and stitching makes for such a lovely touch! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card - love the sequins you added!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card and so well colored too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Asha, love the pretty image and the sequins are a great embellie! Praying that you will find comfort with each passing day my friend. big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty and lovely CAS design, thinking of you hon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card. Fuchsias are my favourite flowers. Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you have used the die cut leaf stem and just stamped the pretty fushias.
    Thanks for linking up to STAMPlorations May challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a very pretty creation Asha.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple and stunning, Asha! I love the colors and your stitching is just so perfect. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty Asha. Love the way you've inlaid the branch and leaves and overlaid the flower blossoms. Very clever and creative. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Rosie wants you to engage in crafting, because she knows the meaning doing so holds for you. You've showcased these CB stamps/dies beautifully! I love the inlay/outlay technique...innovative and incredibly eye-catching! I've been fortunate to receive cards from Greta: her creativity, like yours, is amazing!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Asha...I wish that you will one day not wake up in the night anymore...its not a nice feeling...but Rosie must be looking at you at the heaven and you should try to be creative again Asha..
    you know what as I told you about CCC and you want to join I was soo happy that I have a new friend join there...thanks Asha for always join there...I knew the owner since 2009 long time ago from Hero Arts Flickr...
    Now about your card as always I love your coloring..you are so clever to choose that color combo and fit with the challenge ...yeah clever Asha...I love that dots leaves, I never seen it in reality but yours is soo cuutee...
    Asha I put your lovely card on my last post..if you have 1-2 minutes time I am happy if you like to visit that post..
    big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty! Love the inlaid of the roses and branch. And your stitching is beautiful! Thinking of you and sending hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that stamp set and you have coloured those pretty fuchsia's beautifully! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty CAS design with beautiful colors. Love the in-laid and over-laid variation with the dies;it adds nice dimension. You colored your images beautifully! Thanks for joining us over at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow those flowers are just beautiful!! Gorgeous die cuts and design! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Asha I do feel for you, but in time you will manage to feel eased, hang in there.
    This is such a pretty card, I love your colours and the gorgeous floral image, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this stamp set, I have it I just haven't had a chance to use it, fantastic card. Thanks for joining us for the Perfectly Rustics use three of something challenge. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the image and your colouring. The stitched border is fab as well. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Asha, Been a while since we chatted, but I saw your name under this lovely card over at HLS. Love these pretty pastel fushias, with the drooping blooms. Such a beautiful image, done with your usual flair & design. Great to see a card by you once again. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful coloring on the flowers:) Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...