Monday, 13 April 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Come Fly With Me

Hello friends! Before I talk about my card project, let me just apologise for the late post. This card should have been published a couple of days ago but I didn't get around to doing it.  There's a very good reason. More on that at the end of this post.

This card features the new individual cling stamp by Chocolate Baroque called Butterfly Dress. It is gorgeous, dreamy and so versatile.

I stamped the image onto a piece of bleed-proof paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with Graph 'It alcohol markers. The extra sunflowers are from the July Fairy DL stamp sheet, also stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. Then I masked the images to get the flowers to overlap. The sentiment is from the Butterfly Dreams A4 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Deep Lagoon. I also, very lightly, inked the edges with Salty Ocean Distress Ink for a softer finish.

Here's a close up of the Butterfly Dress project. With a sharp craft knife I cut around the wings of the butterflies to expose the blue layering card stock below. The butterflies look like they are about to take flight...


For shimmer and shine, I used Stickles Stardust and Wink of Stella Clear brush tip pen on the butterflies and flowers respectively. And to finish, a few teeny weeny bling on the middle of the orange sunflowers.

Butterfly Dress is undeniably a gorgeous image, which can be worked in so many different ways. Cutting around the wings adds dimension without unnecessary bulk and the wings can be flattened down for mailing.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Spring Flowers / April Showers
Amusing Challenge: Butterflies
Glitter & Sparkle #132: Add Butterflies
House of Cards April: Butterfly and / or Colours - butterfly
Craft Your Passion #257: AG
Simon Says Stamp Monday: In The Middle

Supplies:




Thank you so much for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments in my previous posts. I haven't done much visiting or commenting this weekend - so sorry about that. Regular readers know that Rosie, our furbabe, has cancer. She is such a valiant trooper and fought back courageously for the past two years. Last Friday, we were told by the vet that Rosie's latest X-Rays are not encouraging. It could be days or weeks... no one knows. For now she appears to be ok and coping well with her meds. I want to spend as much time as I can with Rosie. Whatever time she can spare, I'll take it. It was a sad weekend... and sadder days lay ahead.

Hug your pets. Hold them, cuddle them and snuggle up close. These moments are precious. Treasure them. Have a beautiful week, friends!

Beijinhos   

25 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful with all those flowers and butterflies. And, so sorry about your fur pet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Stunning Asha. Such vibrant colours..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Asha. I am thinking of you and know you will do the very best for her xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Rosie and my thoughts are with you. Your card is stunning, love the double layered butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you Asha, grab all the precious time you have with her.

    Your card is so beautiful sweetie, such gorgeous colours/image and layout.

    Big Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Asha! I love the dimension you've given the pretty butterflies, such a wonderful idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW your card is amazing Asha, BEAUtiful!! Love the way you did the butterflies :) Im so sorry about Rosie, I know its hard, hope your last days with her are Extra special my friend!! big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly, I want to say I'm so sorry about Rosie and bless your heart for wanting to be by her side!! They are always by our sides, so this is very fitting and comforting to her I'm sure! Mocca and I send our hugs to you both!! :)

    Asha, your card is incredibly stunning!! I love the flowers just seem to pop right off the card!! Really gorgeous and beautiful coloring!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a stunning make Asha - so sorry to hear about Rosie - sitting with my furbaby on my lap as I type this I can only imagine how you must feel. be strong my friend. Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha I'm so sorry to hear that Rosie is so ill, all you can do is be beside her and love her, I really feel for you, hugs to you both.
    Your card is stunning, I've just had this stamp delivered today, it's fabulous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made a beautiful card full of life and it is dreamlike. I feel that you made this for Rosie even if she may not understand I feel this is part of her. Wonderful card and beautiful colouring. I give hugs all the time to Wallace. Give a hug to Rosie for me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha, you have coloured in this so beautifully and the colours are amazing with real balance. I love you work and you are such amazing talented designer with such eye for detail.

    So sorry to hear about you Rosie is so ill, its terrible feeling to see them pain, all you can do is be there and comfort them. Give her lots of hugs from us all.
    Take care friend
    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Asha this is so incredibly beautiful, wow, awesome creation
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creation, love how you did the butterflies. Sorry to hear that Rosie isn't doing well, sending you hugs for you and Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha, praying for you and your fur babies. Always. <3

    This card is SO pretty! It's just amazing what you can do, friend! Gorgeous coloring, fabulous design, wonderful dimension! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! The dimension of this card makes it look truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Asha
    If only you could buy a real dress like this. . . . Just beautiful.
    Thanks for joining in at House of Cards.
    Best wishes.
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pray for you and your fur Babies too...
    Asha that card wooooww AMAZING
    looks like you painted the flower
    TOTALLY ADORABLE
    I LOOOVEE THIS...
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  19. so sorry to hear about rosie; i'm sure she appreciates your love and companionship.

    glad you found time to share this beautiful card with us at house of cards!

    linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous stamps and love the dimentional touch you gave the butterflies! So sorry to hear about Rosie! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Asha, your card is spectacular...incredibly gorgeous. Sending prayers and hugs to you, and many extras for Rosie. I was a 'mom' to two miniature schnauzers years ago, and not a day goes by that I don't think about them and miss them deeply. I completely understand your need to be with her...love her to bits and pieces, my friend. I'll be thinking of you!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Asha, your card is just stunning. Well done my friend.

    So sorry to hear about Rose. It must be so hard to have got the news. Treasure every moment with Rose my friend as you would do I know. Thinking of you and sending you and Rosie big hugs. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW this is stunning Asha! What a gorgeous image and it's colored beautifully, the butterflies are stunning! So sorry to hear about your fur baby Rosie. Also, a big thanks for joining us at HOC this month!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Asha, I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful project!!! Thank your for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Monica.-DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...