Friday, 3 April 2015

CASE-ing Christmas #14: Rocky

It seems odd to be posting a Christmas card on Good Friday... two very opposite days! But it's time to welcome you to another lap of CASE-ing Christmas - a weekly challenge devoted to the holiday season all year 'round. Today we're starting Challenge #14.

Here's how you play along. Each week you'll be given you a card to CASE and ... you CASE it! It's as easy as that. If you've never CASEd a card before, here's how you do it:
  • Look at the photo of the card to CASE; 
  • Be inspired by some elements of the card - the colours, layout, image, embellishments, etc 
  • Make a card based on that inspiration and link it up at CASE-ing Christmas Challenge Blog by Noon (Central) / 6pm (UK) on Thursday,  9th April 2015

And that's all there is to it. Our CASE card this week is this gorgeous creation by Rocky. Lots of ideas here and I can't wait to see how this project inspires you.

By know you know that when it comes to CASEing I am NOT the most creative nor am I imaginative in my interpretation of the CASE card. Feel free to accuse me of being too faithful to the original design.

I started by die cutting the ornaments with 4 of the nesting dies from Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2010 set in gold and red metallic card. Then I inlaid them in alternating colours. I had enough to make 2 cards - not one to resist an bargain!

The first card features red as the main colour, and ....


... I went for gold on the second card.


I used the small snowflakes stamps from Clearly Besotted's Ornamental Style to make the bg design, with Versafine Satin Red and Brilliance Galaxy Gold. The banner greeting is from Clearly Besotted's Christmas Cheer, stamped with VersaFine Satin Red and cut with the coordinating die. Then I adhered it to the card with some foam tape. To finish - some sheer ribbon, sequins and brads ... all done and ready for Christmas!


Challenges:
Creative Knockout #83: Diecut / Punch
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round April: Christmas Ornaments
Addicted To Stamps & More #138: Holidays
CHNC Extra April: AG Christmas
CHNC #222: Stick It Any Which Way
Christmas Card Challenge #17: AG
12 Months Of Christmas #4: AG Christmas (w/o optional colours)


Supplies



Now it's your turn to make a Christmas card by CASE-ing Rocky's creation. And if you played along last week, the Winners of Challenge #13 will be announced on Wednesday, 8th April 2015.

You'll find more ideas over at the DT's blogs: Mynn ... Donna ... Ellen ... Pat ... Steph.

Thanks for dropping by and Happy CASE-ing. I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Rocky's card. Have a most blessed Good Friday, friends. I'll leave you with this amazing rendition of Michael W Smith's song Agnus Dei by Jotta A, 10 year old Brazillian boy.



Beijinhos!

23 comments:

  1. Two really lovely Christmas cards at Easter. Lol!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the casing Asha!! I love your ornaments and the two different looks you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So beautiful Asha!! A stunning job on the CASE!! I love the gold accents and ribbon!! Have a lovely Easter weekend friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add a thank you for playing along with us over at Addicted to Stamps this week!! :)

      Delete
  4. You are too hard on yourself because you are very imaginative and creative! I love these cards and I love that spellbinders die. Wishing you a happy Easter and that kid does have an amazing voice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges and CCAYR April challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb use of the S/B Heirloom ornament. Combining the gold & red layers certainly made a splash - but in such a lovely way. The bkground pattern is so pretty with the wonderful ornament too. TFS & Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, your two cards came out beautifully, I love the die you used, I am constantly amazed by the case cards at Case-ing Christmas. Gorgeous interpretation of Rockys fabulous card. Megan in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty Asha-love your version of the case-awesome ornament card-Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas card is gorgeous Asha, love how you the ornament stands out. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter. Sending you and Rosie big hugs. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Christmas card Asha, really striking. Happy Easter, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas card is awesome and elegant looking! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha, this is absolutely stunning! LOVE the red and gold--the metallic card is fabulous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are lovely Asha. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for April.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you inlaid all the different sections of the bauble, it gives great dimension.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great CASE and I love the elegance of your cards, if I had to choose I think I'd lean towards the red version. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two stunning cards and I love that you have layered the ornament! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha I love your snowflakes BG in Gold
    so elegant and lovely CASE ing christmas card
    You are queen at Christmas card
    I did not make any
    and i guess you have already 20 pieces (smile)
    Lovely Post Asha..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so beautiful Asha - love Christmas with gold and red - simply gorgeous!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    Mwah from Ms Blossom to Mr P xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards turned out great! I love the colours and the way you used your dies - great job! I wish I could craft for christmas already, but I'm just too much into spring :) but you really rocked it!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts and good luck!
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are beautiful! I love those shiny ornaments. Thanks for joining us this month at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...