Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Tuesday Throwdown #236: More Than One Fold

Top of the morning to you, friends! Happy St Patrick's Day ... and .... a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nana Connie, much loved ex-teamie at Tuesday Throwdown. May all your days is blessed with love, happiness, good health and pots of Irish Luck!

Today also sees the start of a brand new challenge.  We have a fun theme for you "More Than One Fold ". Our sponsors - Creations by AR. The company is run by Adela Rossol and she has very generously provided the team with cut files to create fun 3D projects. I chose this super stylish Haute Tote.

This bag makes a one of a kind gift "box". I made 2... well actually, by the time this post goes up, there should be at least 6!

I made the tote bag from one sheet of Doodlebug double sided 12x12 patterned cardstock. (I wouldn't recommend plain patterned paper as it is too flimsy.) I used eyelets to attach the handles. The flowers are from my crafting buddy Snoopy of Snoopy's Homemade Fun. The stitched details make the bag look quite realistic. I'm very happy with how it turned out, nay... I'm thrilled!


The finished project is about 5-1/5" high (excluding handles) and 4-1/2" wide.


There's a little pocket inside to fit a 3x3 note card. How cool is that?!


This is the very first one I made - a simple, no frills version. To my delight, it was so easy to put together, thanks to Adela's clear instructions.

The templates supplied by Creations by AR  are digital downloads which include:
• PDF files (used for printing and cutting by hand);
• SVG files (used on most cutting machines); and
• Step-by-Step Instructions with lots of photos.
You do not need a cutting machine such as a Silhoette, provided you have good pair of scissors and don't totally suck at fussy cutting!  Obviously, the intricate, fiddly designs will be more challenging. This tote bag can easily be done by hand.

Challenges:
Buckwell's Crafty Challenge #6: Flowers
Not Just Cards #15
Craft Your Passion #253: AG
Crafting From The Heart #51: AG
Bunny Zoe Crafts March: Spring Colours
Craft My Life Feb/Mar: AG Non-Card
Lil' Patch Of Crafty Friends: &: AG
Scrappy Hands #34: Blossom

Products used in this project


Now it's your turn to create a project based on this week's theme: "More Than One Fold". For ideas and inspiration, take a peek at what the rest of the DT members have made. Remember to link up your project at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog by 3pm Pacific / 11pm UK Monday, March 23rd.  And the most important requirement: Have Fun!

Beijinhos!

30 comments:

  1. Wow very impressive Asha! love both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Asha, I presume it is cut on a silhouette or something similar. It is so gorgeous and very impressive with gorgeous colours and embellies.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Asha, when I saw the first image I thought it was a purse for inspiration for a card, it looks so real! Both are gorgeous. Take care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! This is absolutely darling, Asha! I love it to pieces with the bright colors and flowers. Your simpler design is equally as cute! Makes me feel like it's really time to drag out the spring wardrobe! What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tote bags Asha, what a great idea and so very colourful too, I love these.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute. Love the paper choice and colors. This would make a great favor for my Mother's Day luncheon. Want to make 18 more?
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cut file- the purse is darling and I love the little pocket inside as well! I have it in my 'stash' and will now have to go give it a go! I think it looks great without embellishments, but really love the added flowers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a bag, it's gorgeous Asha, the design and papers are fantastic, the inside pocket is such a wonderful touch, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha, these are pure delights and you've put them together beautifully! I love the little inside pocket. What can I say: love, love and love!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love these!! Brilliant bags Asha and stunning colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow I need one of these. Brilliant Asha and so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This tote is really amazing my friend!! LOVE the gorgeous colors and fun papers you've made this with!! SO FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tote bag. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME job on the totes Asha!! I love the fun orange one with the dots!! The flowered one is beautiful and reminds me of a fun summer beach bag!! GREAT job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for entering our Not Just Card Challenge!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these bags, Asha! Thanks for the good wishes and the fab e-card, my friend. I simply have to find time to play along this week. I love fancy folds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bag is gorgeous! I love the beautiful decorations and the template is awesome. I am so tempted to buy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This bag is stunning!!! Love love the design and your stitched detailing is perfect! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bag is so fun and summery, something I would wear on holiday to the pool or beach had it been the real deal! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These bags are amazing! Such a great idea and all hand made

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic papercraft bag, love the added flowers, those designer papers are lovely too. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafting Friends, wish you luck and hope to see you for C#7.
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Asha this is just adorable. I love it.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous projects love the colours,papers and flowers--Thank you for joining us at Crafting from The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ashaaaaaa
    woooowww woooowww wooowww
    I am in love for the first creation
    looks like a real one and wonderful paper and flower there
    I love this post
    and I wish in my Bday I get one like this
    it is sooo sweet cute and so creative
    Love love love
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is such an amazing idea!! Beautifull work :) Thanks for joing Craft Your Passion challenge this week! :)

    Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is fabulous Asha and so realistic - I just love the colours, thank you so much for joining in our flowers challenge at Buckwells Crafty challenge this month hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Asha, love your bags, they are both stunning and look so real, stunning..Thank you for joining us at Buckwells Crafty Challenge and hope you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your bag! It is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafting Friends!
    Hugs
    Sandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is so fab! You may have just convinced me I need to try this (by hand, as I don't have a machine...) Thank you for playing along at Buckwells Crafty Challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...