Monday, 2 March 2015

Stamplorations Guest Designer


To say I'm chuffed would be an understatement. Here I am Guest-ing for Stamplorationsfirst fortnightly sketch challenge in March. I have to say it's weird to see my little card nestled in a blogpost of amazing work. Giddy? Heck, yes!


As always, we have a lovely sketch that allows for plenty of artistic licence. Personally, I sometimes find sketches too restrictive and that usually squashes my creativity... it doesn't take much for me to throw in the towel!

I turned the sketch around 180º. My card features a digi flower (a prize from Stamplorations), which I printed in the background.  Instead of the circles, I'm using butterflies hovering around the flower. The sentiment is from Stamplorations' versatile It's All About You set - it's the only set I own... for now! :) Here's my card:




I coloured the flower with Graph'It markers and added a few flicks of Wink of Stella Gold. A few purple bling on the butterflies complete the look.

The design isn't properly centred.... looks like the whole thing is about to fly off the top of the card. Oh well.... I did say I was (still am) giddy!


Challenges:
Dream Valley Challenge #101: Mother's Day
Craft Your Passion #251: AG
Jelly Park Friends (Last Challenge): One For The Mums
Sentimental Sundays #248: AG + Sentiment
That Craft Place: Mother's Day / AG
Country View Challenges: AG

Products used in this project:



That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by. If you want to play along, Sketch Challenge #29 is on for 2 weeks, starting today. Have a fab week and I'll see ya tomorrow with something wriggly!

Beijinhos!

31 comments:

  1. Asha, this is so lovely and full of springtime cheer! We're so proud to have you as our guest for STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your aquilegia, so much detail in your colouring.
    So pleased to have you as GD this fortnight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Asha! You totally deserve the honor. Fabulous card too.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschöne Arbeiten
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous Asha, such gorgeous colours and design. Congrats on your GDT slot it is so well deserved sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Asha congratulations ! You deserve it as I love your cards and this is no exception. Brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you, they obviously know talent when they see it!! A fabulous take on the sketch and perfect spring colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Asha. Your card and the stamp set are so beautiful..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you hear me? I'm saying Woot! Woot! :) Congrats to you Asha!! Love your beautiful design and so reminds me of Spring on the way!! Yay!!
    Have to check out the challenge!! Do you have to use their stamps to play?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Asha...congrats on being a GD, I was lucky enough and honoured to be one last time. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Asha! We're thrilled to have you over at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Asha. Such a precious card. love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card. I love the colours and the colouring, great job! Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley challenges. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ash, you can just put the 'giddy nerves' to bed, because WOW: your card is gorgeous! The lovely flower is so eye-catching, and those butterflies...swooning! Congrats on being such an inspiring GD; well-deserved and *we* get to reap the benefits of seeing yet more of your fabulous creatitivity!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations my dear friend Asha. You deserve it
    your card this time woooww
    i adore that butterfly in purple and lovely flower too
    sooo amazing
    and I miss you
    dont know where are you Asha
    I lost you on my Blog
    hope you are doing well there
    take your time
    i am still visiting you and love all your cards my friend
    just wondering where are you...never seen you again at my Blog
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Asha,I like the image the butterflies and the fresh colours congratulations on your Guest DT spot
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! lovely card and great take on the sketch. And, congrats on guest designing! Have a great week, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the GDT spot!!
    Your card is so beautiful! The butterflies look like they just stopped by to smell your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely spring card. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely and cheerful card! So pleased to have you as our GD!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous take on the sketch! The butterflies are perfect with the daffodils. Congrats on your DT spot, well chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, love the flower and congrats on your GDT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have no idea what you are talking about not being centred because , to me, it looks great! I love the butterflies and the flower is so well coloured. Just perfect in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL card Asha!! The yellow and purple work so well together:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome! totally fabulous project with some epic elements xx Good luck and thank you for joining us at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty, Asha, I love your creativity using the butterflies with this sketch. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are absolutely lucky to have your talent!! Totally gorgeous & I love the springy colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is beautiful.Just love the fluttering butterflies.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Asha,
    This is a delightful card.
    Thank you for joining us this month at CVC.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty Asha...love your card

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...