Tuesday, 24 March 2015

He Is Risen

Hello friends! Just popping in very quickly to share a card I made over the weekend combining Distress Inks and Faber Castell Gelatos. I've been meaning to make Easter cards since... well, the beginning of Lent. Not much success there, but here's one to join my meagre collection.

I stamped the large cross from Chocolate Baroque's Easter Traditions A5 sheet on Cason Cold-Pressed Watercolour paper and heat embossed it in silver. Then I did a background wash with TH Distress Inks: Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire and Shaded Lilac. When completely dry and rubbed Silver Ice Gelato directly on the paper in a sweeping motion and blended with my finger. Next, I stamped the gothic window from the Texture Fragments A4 sheet with Dusty Concord and cleaned the embossed surface with some Kleenex.


To brighten up the card I added a few purple sequins and teeny tiny pale purple bling. The sentiment is from the Easter Traditions sheet and is stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black.


I took these photos with my iPhone. That's my excuse today for putting up photos that could be better... not that I do a grand job with my camera, mind you. Here's the thing, I took the memory card from the camera, went down to the kitchen to make a barrel of coffee with the memory card in hand.... and that's all I remember. Haven't the foggiest where it is now. I just hope I didn't drink it! :)

Challenges:
Through The Purple Haze #83: AG
Hiding In My Craft Room #192: Embossing
Cards Und More #128: Monochrome
Loves Rubber Stamps #144: Create Your Own Background
Retro Rubber Challenge #10: Emboss It!
Through The Craft Room Door Mar 24: AG


Products used to make this card:




Today is a super special day - it's Richard Parker's birthday!!! He was born on 24 March 2014 and that makes him one year old today. Here are a couple of photos of my boy.

He is looking shocked, maybe embarrassed that his Mama started the day by belting out his birthday song at 6am today :)

"Whaaat?! It's my birthday?"
Richard Parker - 24 March 2015
 
And this is baby Richard the day we got him - 8 weeks after his birth. Oh so tiny!
Richard Parker - 25 May 2014

Thanks for stopping by and have beautiful Tuesday, friends.

Beijinhos!





31 comments:

  1. Such an amazing card Asha, that background is wonderful. Sounds like the missing memory card is something of a mystery, it will turn up when you aren't looking for it!! Can't believe you've nearly had your puss for almost a year now. What gorgeous snaps...the surprised expression on his face is priceless!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Asha, love the effect you have created with the gelatos. Cute photos too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Asha that cross is amazing, Happy birthday to Richard such a handsome kitty.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very baroque indeed! Love the inky purple background. I hate when I misplace things!! Hate it. I currently have no idea where my blowdryer is and I'm thinking, "It's a blowdryer, Becca! That's HUGE! How could you lose it?" Sigh* Hope you find your card soon. I actually take all of my bloggy pictures on my iphone. I have the camera plus app and I love it!
    Happy Birthday to Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sop pretty - and such cute cats! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful cross............i love your idea....and love the cats too...lol

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the photos of your beautiful Richard Parker, he has such a sweet face.
    Beautiful card, colours are magnificent and wonderful design. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card-Regal colour and so well done with that background-It's fantastic!! Look at Richard Parker-such a cutie but I would be looking like that too if i was sung to at 6am:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is absolutely amazing, great color and design! Happy Birthday to Richard Parker, he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Easter card! I particularly like the "wash" effect. Great details and am particularly glad that you shared this the Retro Rubber challenge this week. As for Mr. Richard... he is especially handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A most beautiful Easter card design and love the colors you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty - I love these images!! Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so lovely. Such a gorgeous colour. Happy Birthday Richard Parker, dare I say he looks handsome and dashing.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Easter card is amazing, love the embossing and background, so happy you could join our challenge at Loves Rubberstamps this week,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did really well with this purple creation with silvery details, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, happy belated birthday to Mr Richard Parker x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and thank you for sharing the details on how it came together. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I misplace things on my craft table in front of me while I'm working :) Love the background you created. You cat is gorgeous by the way. Thanks fro joining us at TTCRD this week and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I misplace things on my craft table in front of me while I'm working :) Love the background you created. You cat is gorgeous by the way. Thanks fro joining us at TTCRD this week and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card Asha.. Richard look so Handsome if a little startled..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Asha, gorgeous Easter card, and the photography is just fine, I have previously mislaid a roll of film (pre digital of course) I eventually found it still in the plastic shopping bag with some frozen foods! Megan in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute cat you have
    and Wonderful card you made Asha
    how are you doing
    hope you are doing well
    nice post today..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous image....it looks amazing in silver, along with the silver gelato. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely striking! Excellent color choices! Mr. Parker is in fine form as well! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, that cross is stunning. Happy Birthday Richard Parker - such a cutie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty! Mr. Parker is adorable with those great big eyes! Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my this is absolutely amazing!! I love the background with your embossing over top of it!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi sweet Asha. My hasn't he grown - looks like he will always have that startled look hun!! Lol. Love your gorgeous card, such beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing it with us at TTPH this time.
    hugs
    Dawn TTPH DT xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...