Thursday, 5 March 2015

February Card Chain Challenge

I'm back with another card! Daily blogging... it's a first for me. Today's card is a one I made for the February Card Chain Challenge organised by the talented Debbie Nolan. It's a fun little challenge where we send out cards to one person on the list of entrants.

If you grew up in the 60s and 70s you'll remember pen-pals from an era when people actually put pen to paper to communicate with faraway family and friends. The children's television program Big Blue Marble had a pen pal program and I remember writing to them for one. Now, how many of you remember that?! LOL

Back in the 21st century, I received a card from Carol Durham of Scotland. Head on over to Carol's blog to see the the lovely card she sent me. And if that wasn't enough, Carol also included some gorgeous ribbons and I cannot wait to show them off. The full reveal of cards created and sent out by all the participants can be seen here.

So, this is the card I sent Helen Gullet from Ohio. I hope she liked my attempt at CAS, using various stamps from Clearly Besotted. I've picked the "Friendship" theme for my card.


Here's a closer look at the wacky little guy. I love his eyes. Keeping it simple and relatively flat. He's got to fly a long long way from Portugal to Ohio... excess baggage not required. :)


Challenges:


Products used in this project:



Hope you're having a fab day. We're expecting lots of sunshine today. I'm hopeful the weatherman will get it right this time! Thank you for stopping by and a HUGE thank you for the encouraging, comforting and supportive emails regarding André. Growing old is tough.

Beijinhos! 

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and images asha...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Love his eyes.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card and love that owl! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This owl relly makes me smile!! I love this design! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is super cute, Asha! I love how you added that fun crazy eyes to the owl. I love owl and collect owls souvenirs, so of course, HEART this card. I need to check out the February Card Chain Challenge. I love to join. It be fun to make and send out cards to people. How fun that'll be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a real hoot Asha, love your card. Glad you like yours too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cute and funny. Love wacky Waldo the owl:) I love the leaves with some bling-this is a fun card and she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Asha really love it! huggles sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love owls and that owl is just too CUTE!!! Gorgeous leaves and stitching, too!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! Love the howl and especially the sparkly leaves!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and image, like the glitter and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the sweet owl image and the sparkle
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha, those leaves are fantastic and what a cute owl
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card. Love those funny eyes on the owl and the glittery leaves. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww too cute Asha, love the shimmery leaves with this little cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pne looks like he has been drinking, all croosed eyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's so sweet and I really like those crazy eyes. What a great card and so nice to actually receive mail in the box, not on the computer. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so cute and I love the fun owl:) Thank you for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an adorable little owl card, Asha. It's so sweet and super creative. Thank you for sharing it in our challenge this week. I really appreciate your participation in our challenge.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, hope Andre is ok big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha...love those eyes! What a sweet card, Asha! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  22. He looks like he's had one glass too many! I think he's so sweet, I love owls, they can be used for any occasion. Great CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love owls, so I love your card!!! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday! Have a blessed week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE owls, but I have to say the branch he is sitting on looks so cool! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. very cute owl! great job! Thank you for taking the Stampin' Royalty challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. cute owl and love that leafs with that sparkle
    she must be smile big to get this cute card
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so cute! I love the leaves using the embossing powder. Great job! Thanks for joining the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...