Friday, 13 March 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Dancing Tulips and A Shaker Bird

Good morning, friends. It's Friday the 13th... again! Here's something scary for you... I've got, not one but TWO posts schedule for today! Can you handle it?

First up are a couple of projects using Chocolate Baroque's gorgeous March release - a trio of Spring Birds stamps. Today I'm playing with the Spring Bird Tulip DL sheet. About ten days ago, I blogged a couple of cards made with the Spring Bird Crocus DL sheet. You can read all about it here.


I've combined the large and smaller cluster of tulips from the Spring Bird Tulip sheet on one project. With some nifty masking, I grouped them and got the stalks to look as though they are swaying in the breeze.

These are delicate flowers and I felt that water colouring would be best. I started by applying Winsor & Newton Masking Fluid on the tulips before giving the background a wash of blue and green.  Next I worked on the flowers with Distress Inks and Winsor & Newton water colours. The sentiment is from the Easter Traditions A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Perfect Plumeria.


I  added Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium to the water colours to give the blooms a delicate shimmer. It looks spotty in the picture, no thanks to my photography skills, but it's lovely in real life.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
My second project is a shaker card and for this I'm using the nesting bird from the Spring Bird Tulip DL sheet.  Here it is before framing.  It would have been difficult to get a good shot under the glare of the acetate sheet. The focal image is water coloured with Caran d'Ache Suprasoft pencils. I added a few tiny bling to the image.  The background is a wash of pale blue, green and a hint of yellow with my W&N water colours.


A simple frame makes sure the Spring Bird gets all the attention.  The greeting is from Birthday Words A5 sheet, heat embossed in white.


I used just a few pastel sequins on the inside so as not to loose the image in unnecessary clutter. The sequins also look like falling blossoms, don't you think? Final touches: a few strokes of Clear Wink of Stella on the bird and Gold Wink of Stella on the eggs.



Challenges:
Freshly Brewed Designs: Flowers
Happy Little Stampers March Sketch Challenge
Mod Squad Challenge: Flowers
Word Art Wednesday #174: AG Uplifting

Bunny Zoe's Crafts March Challenge: Spring Colours
Fab N Funky #250: Focus On Image
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Things That Fly
Stampin' Royalty #270: Watercolour
TIME OUT Challenge #26: Photo Inspiration


Products used in these projects:



Thanks for stopping by today. I had a lot of fun playing with water colours and I encourage you to have a go too. As mentioned earlier, I have another post coming up in a couple of hours featuring paper, scissors and glue. Living dangerously on Friday the 13th! :)

Beijinhos


23 comments:

  1. Your water coloouring is amazing. I love the soft wash you have used. I have W and N water coloirs but this masking fluid sounds interesting. Is it easy to use and where do you buy it from? Oh and thanks for joining Time Out and celebrating with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shaker card! How fun to use the sequins for that image, it is like the blossoms are falling off in a spring breeze. Thanks for playing along with our watercoloring challenge at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both coloured so beautifully. Love the beautiful colour palette you have used.
    Have a super weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all these springy cards!! Those tulips are absolutely stunning and the design move to add the glitter was perfect! And that bird is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What gorgeous Spring images here Asha!! Tulips are by FAR my fave flowers and I love the bit of sparkle you gave them here!! :) That bird image is stunning as well and I just love your designs today my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. These 2 cards are beautiful. I love the tulips and how bright & bold they are. The birgy is so pretty...now I really want spring inst5ead of seeing brown and grey snow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both gorgeous card Asha, beautiful watercolouring and lovely your designs. Your shaker card is fabulous - a lovely image and super sequins!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Asha, both are truly beautiful creations, the images and colours are marvellous, and I love the shaker with the gorgeous sequins, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the cluster of tulips is beautiful and love the added sparkle!
    Your second card has a great combo of delicate colors for the image and sequins in combination with a bright colored frame, it's a truly lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha, two works of art! These need to be framed and preserved, because they're exponentially stunning! Your Spring Bird is definitely the star of the show, as you've presented him here. And those tulips...gasp! Iincredible! You've captured colours and motion perfectly. In awe...
    Hugs~c
    Chameleon pens, for me, are a mega learning curve! I'm trying....*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are both lovely, Asha, and your shaker card is so very unique - love your idea to use these sheets! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. may I confess Asha
    your collection of Distress inks are amazing
    I maybe have only 12-14 of them
    you maybe have all
    and your coloring the tulips STUNNINGGGGG love it
    and that shaker bird card is so sweet
    both are FUNTASTIC card...and lucky you Miss C visiting you On time hehehe
    I am happy if you and Miss C visiting me...you both giving me encouragement
    I always love to see your cards and hers too Asha
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards Asha. LOVE the watercoloured tulips with the sparkle ... so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both gorgeous cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful spring offerings these both are. I need to work on Spring themed and Easter cards soon. You are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your watercoloring is fantastic. Love those tulips! Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spectacular tulips, Asha! Also, a great take on using the colors in the inspiration photo with all the frames. Love them both. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are beautiful and elegant Asha, love the pretty colour combinations. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful and just love that you turned this into a shaker card!! Brilliant inspiration from the photo and your colouring skills are incredible!! Absolutely gorgeous and I'm so glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha these are so perfect for our ‘FLOWERS’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh those TULIPS! absolutely gorgeously coloured & I love that sentiment :) And the birdie shaker is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards both! Love the tulips, lush and fabulous. Thanks for joining in the fun at Fab 'n' Funky this week with our 'Focus on the Image' challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are stunning!! your water coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...