Sunday, 22 March 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Spring Daffodils and A Regal Bird

Happy Sunday, folks! We are so close to Easter ... can you believe how quickly we are getting through Lent?! And I am so behind on all kinds of everything - let alone my Easter greeting. Anyways, I'm here not to complain but to share a couple of projects I made with Chocolate Baroque's new Spring Bird - Daffodil stamp sheet.

There is a sentiment on the stamp sheet but I made both my cards plain so that if I don't use them for Easter, they'll work for any occasion too.

The first project showcases the lovely daffodils from this stamp set. I did some masking and stamping to get the flowers in overlapping clusters. I used Distress Inks to water colour the image and background. Hardly any embellishments on this card, except for that luxurious gold ribbon at the bottom sent to me by my crafting buddy Carol of CM Design. Thank you, Carol!


Not too many Tim Holtz Distress Inks on this card. The yellows are Scattered Straw and Squeezed Lemonade. The greens are Crushed Olive and Mowed Lawn. For the sky I used a wash of Tumbled Glass and earth is Tea Dye. For a softer look I stamped the image with VersaFine Vintage Sepia, onto Canson Cold-pressed watercolour paper.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Spring Inspiration
One Stitch At A Time #233: Nature
Scrappy Hands #35: Bingo - Flower...Ribbon...Stamps
Crafty Catz #271: No Design Paper
Graph'It Colour Challenge Wk 12: Spring Colours - with Distress Inks


My second card is a more regal affair. I created a frame by repeat stamping the smaller accents stamps from the Spring Bird - Daffodil sheet and heat embossed it with WOW Gold Embossing Powder.

I water coloured the image with Caran d'Ache Supra Soft water soluble pencils, keeping it soft and light against the strong colours of the card. As before, I stamped the image with VersaFine Vintage Sepia on Canson Watercolour paper.

Challenges:
Avenue 613 #116: AG Optional Twist - Purple
Come and Get It: Winging It - Bird
Fairy Tale Stamper #53: Things With Wings
Hiding In My Craft Room #192: Embossing
Stamplelsonne #137: AG with Stamped Main Image
Wonderful Wednesday #18: AG


Products used in this project:




That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping. And if you're following me on Facebook, you'll see these sticky sweet delights I made today. It's a tradition in our home to make Hot Cross Buns every Sunday in the run up to Easter, starting today the 5th Sunday of Lent. Hope you're having a sweet Sunday too!


Beijinhos!


27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Asha and those hot cross buns look delicious. What a busy bee you've been. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Beautiful cards Asha, and I LOVE the embossed frame on the 2nd card.. YUMMY hot cross buns...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very beautiful cards Asha and some scrummy hot cross buns too. Thanks for entering the challenge at 613 Avenue Create with your gorgeous purple card this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha I adore both
    thats card are STUNNER
    love the coloring on the first one sooo beautifully made and the second one ooh in purple could be thats my bday card Asha hehehe
    my bday will be 10 april wish I get a purple card from you
    When is your bday sweety..hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, and amazing hot cross buns. I could just eat one of those x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and those hot cross buns look so yummy Asha! lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Asha, pleased you could make good use of the ribbon. Those hot cross buns look yummy...sadly off limits to me these days. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards that are perfect for Spring and Easter. And, your buns look delicious too! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both the cards Anita & the embossing on the second one makes it regal indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your cards are stunning Asha I like the way you have used the small stamps, great coulours and images and the small breads looks yummy!!!

    Greetings
    MAria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ganz toll gemacht. Danke daß du bei der Stempelsonne mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning Asha...beautiful cards....I love the daffodils......oh and the buns! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your cards are awesome Asha. Love those daffodils, the card is really stunning. The birdie one is very regal, I adore the gold embossing frame. Your hot cross buns look yummy, good enough to eat.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Asha, I love the daffodils and way you colored them!! The second is indeed regal wit the lovely purple and gold, love the bird image too :) Your buns look so yummy, to bad you live so far away lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are so beautiful! I love the colours you used!
    Thanks for joining us at Fairytale Stampers!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! I love the masking-you can't tell cos it all looks like one stamp! The colouring is great. The 2nd card is so vibrant with the purple and love the bird!! The border is rich and yes, regal!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your cards are simply exquisite, Asha! However, I must admit that the hot cross buns caught my eye and I was completely distracted. I haven't had (seen) a hot cross bun since I was an exchange student in England during law school. If I had your recipe, I'm be making some here at home. :-D Hugz, NC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Asha, I have deleted the link you asked me to over at Come and Get It, so you can put the proper one in now. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
    Cindy van Oorschot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hallo Asha, your cards are beautiful. Love the daffodil image and your colouring. The frame around the image in the second card is gorgeous.

    Such a wonderful tradition you have at home backing the hot cross buns. It looks delicious. Enjoy your time with the family over Easter.

    Sending you and Rosie Big Hugs. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi they are both beautiful. Love the daffs and how you stitched the frame.

    Thank you for joining our NO pattern papers challenge at Crafty Catz. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  21. The golden details on these cards are such great touches! Your first card is a classic design, spring or Easter, your second one can be used for any occasion you need it for. The gold looks beautiful with this blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Asha! I love your water coloured Daffodils they are so pretty and your bird card is so elegant.
    Your hot cross buns look amazing! Enjoy :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. two wonderful cards
    Thank you for
    joining in the Graph'it Markers Colouring Challenge for our 'Spring Colours' Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two fabulous cards and those hot cross buns look really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh, I just LOVE those flowers!! Really gorgeous creations here today!! Now have you already ate those buns or can I have a bite?!! YUM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love daffodils and living in the South, I really miss having them in my garden. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...