Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Crocus and a Spring Bird

Hello friends! Just a very quick post from me today to share 2 cards from Chocolate Baroque's brand new March release stamps. There are 3 DL stamp sets: Spring Bird Crocus, Spring Birds Tulips and Spring Bird Daffodil.

Today I am playing with the Spring Bird Crocus set and whipped up 2 cards coloured with Graph'It alcohol markers but with 2 distinctive looks. You'll also find this card over at the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog, where there'll be more ideas from the rest of the team.

My first card showcases the beautiful crocuses from the  Spring Bird Crocus set. I stamped a cluster of the taller ones from the set and coloured them with Graph'It alcohol markers. Then I coloured and fussy cut the smaller cluster and adhered in in front. And to fill all the gaps I added some die cut grass by Clearly Besotted which, coincidentally match the leaves of the crocuses! The greeting is from Butterfly Easter and the butterfly is from Harebell Butterfly.


Here's a closer look. I went a little mad with the Wink Of Stella Clear Brush.


On to my second project. This time the spotlight is on the nesting bird from the Spring Bird Crocus set. I've moved away from fresh bright colours and used warm neutrals instead. As before the image is coloured with Graph'It alcohol markers and fussy card before adhering to the card base. I've also used the greeting and the itty bitty accent stamp from the same set.

Well spotted! More Wink of Stella Clear Brush action! And some Wink of Stella Silver on the eggs. Can't get enough of the stuff!

I love how this one set of stamps gives 2 different looks - garden fresh or warm & cosy. I dare say this set will get some use in the Autumn months too.

Challenges:
Creative Moments #63: AG / Spring Greens
Inspiration Destination # 23: AG
Wonderful Wednesday: AG
Word Art Wednesday #173: AG Inspirational
Crafty Sentiments: Spring Colours
Paper Weekly: AG

Products used in these projects:



Furbabe Update:

I am falling behind on my visits. So sorry about that. Our old boy, André, has Canine Cognitive Dysfunction and the past couple of weeks have been very trying for him and for us too. He is needing so much attention and with Rosie being poorly too, it's pretty hectic at home.

Over the past 8 months we've watched André change from a sweet, overly affectionate dog to a grumpy, grouchy old man who sleeps all day and becomes increasingly restless at night.
The symptoms of CCD are the same as Alzheimers in humans. He is on Anipryl, the stuff used to treat Parkinson's in humans, and there is some improvement, but nothing substantial.

If your old dog exhibits signs of senile dementia it may not just be age related. Having the ol' faithful properly diagnosed means the right treatment can be given. CCD is incurable but there are medications, both conventional and holistic, that can help with the symptoms. A head start in treatment can make a difference in the quality of life ... for both! :)

Enough depressing stories. Thank you for stopping by and I'll make another effort at visiting without falling asleep over at the keyboard! See ya tomorrow!

Beijinhos!


22 comments:

  1. Hello Asha. Both your cards are Beautiful but I love the Crocus one...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty, Asha! You are so talented, and have done an amazing job. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards in our challenge. Have a blessed week, my friend.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. You could also share these cards here in our Water Color Challenge at V's Sweet Ideas - www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Asha, awfully sorry to hear about your little dog, sad that the illness has changed his personality, but he is in a loving home and he is safe.
    Gorgeous, gorgeous cards, love them both, wonderful colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely beautiful cards Asha....spring in a card!....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both beautiful cards Asha, especially love the tulips x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding colouring Asha...wow!! Visits are not necessary when you have important peeps to look after. Suzy sends wags ( no kisses though because collies don't give them...ever...well not unless you put chocolate spread on your cheek !) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your cards-the first is nice and bright, it reminds me of daylight while the other sings songs of glee of warmth and beauty that I see. Oh I feel for you as it is so hard to see your animals in such a bad way. Amazing how similar the emotions can be between animals and people. Does Andre have moments of the dog he was before? I wonder because humans do-I see that where my mom resides since she has dementia. Rosie deserves hugs and Andre deserves comfort and no changes or he may get more upset. Richard Parker must be the life of the party

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are Stunning Asha I love them!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry to hear about your puppy... Sending hugs. I love the gorgeous coloring on your creations. They are both so springy and make me wish I was somewhere really warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boyh cards are so gorgeous and love the spring look of them too. Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha, I felt I needed to pop by and I'm glad I did. Your cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL, as per your usual! LOVE your amazing coloring! I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two really gorgeous creations Asha. You are a true artist sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please give a hug to your pup!! Sorry he's still doing poorly!
    Asha, your creations are just brilliant and so full of Spring and life!! LOVE them both!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two stunning cards, Asha. Beautiful stamps and they way you have showcased each of them! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card, thanks for joining us at Creative Moments. Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Asha I am sorry to hear about Andre it must be a trying time for you to see him like he is now but what a great age he is. Asha I love both your beautiful creations, the image, designs and your colouring skills make these both pure perfection.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Asha I'm so sorry. There isn't possibly a soul out there who doesn't realize that you are doing what you need to do for your family right now! (OK there might be but phooey on them anyway.) Sending all of you lots of love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful card. I love the colors you chose for your crocus flowers and the grass is just so lush and green. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards. Love them. Hope Rosie and Andre are ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Asha
    both are adorable
    love the bold red and that bird colored adorably...
    I love them all really
    and hope Andre getting more better Asha..
    thanks for visiting me all i will catch up now
    it is 00:37 in Germany but I will finished it today for all your lovely cards Post :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...