Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #9: Blue Bells

A new Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge has started and we're kicking off this monthly meet-up with cool. classy colours. If you haven't played yet, now's the time to do so. These colours are super elegant and will work for any occasion.

You can use any medium to create your projects: paints, inks, pencils, pens, stains, etc., as long as you keep to the colours from the colour swatch. You don't have to use Chocolate Baroque stamps to play along but if you do you will be entered into a random draw to win £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps. All participants will have a chance to be on the Design Team's Top Three list and proudly display winner's badge on their blog.

This card was made in a hurry. It took me under an hour ... 53 minutes, to be precise. Seriously! That's what I like about watercoloring. When you've got awesome stamps to start with, that's half the work done. Truth be told, the stitching took me longer to do. The key is NOT to over think anything, limit the materials used and keep it simple. And the result is this:
Instead of pulling out all my watercolours, I stuck to just 4 Distress Inks: Chipped Sapphire, Cracked Pistachio, Shabby Shutters and Shaded Lilac for the image from the Harebell Butterfly A5 stamp sheet. I adhered a piece of violet CS randomly stamped with little leaves from the Butterfly Dreams A4 stamp sheet and VersaMagic Cloud White ink onto the card base.


To save time, I did not even mask the image before painting the background. You can see how that turned out in the photo below! :)  I added Liquid Pearls in an attempt to "add texture and interest" - although I have no idea what that phrase really means!

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #175: AG
Addicted To Stamps #136: AG
Through The Craft Room Door: AG
All Sort Challenge #302: Flowers & Pearls
Creative Moments #64: AG, optional twists for Special Lady



Products used in this project



There you have it - a very quick card from me. I've come to learn that water colouring is very forgiving. You can hide a multitude of mistakes by pretending it is some obscure technique and that every (mis)stroke is a deliberate and considered action. I <HEART> watercolours!

Challenge #9 will close at 12.00 p.m. (UK) on Tuesday 22nd April 2015, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 29th April 2015. I hope you'll play along and run the risk of winning £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps.

Beijinhos!


26 comments:

  1. Stunning card and colouring Asha. It would take me about 2 hrs to make thie beauty..loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Asha. Such a beautiful image and coloured to perfection.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Asha, I like the gorgeous image and the background
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oops, and thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Asha!! I love love the color combo and you did an fabulous job using it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Asha, lovely inking and perfect for our flowers and pearls theme at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colouring Asha, beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "Flowers and Pearls";-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. A veritable masterpiece methinks!! Gorgeous colour palette and the pearly accents look really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Asha I love that image of the Bluebells, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, love the image and your colouring, it's a wonderful colour pallet, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card and the colours. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous and your coloring Is really awesome. I really love this card you created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and love the background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness we are so different-an hour would be a long card for me even with water colouring!! I love the colours here, the bg is perfect and the butterfly green really works with it. I got the masking liquid you suggested yesterday-thanks for the tip, will have a play soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, Asha! I love the watercolor in the background and the blue bells are perfect. What a gorgeous bow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous Asha!! LOVE your colors and the butterfly is so pretty here!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous, love the image and colors! I have some watercolors ordered, can't wait, hope mine come out half this gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Asha-This is really pretty. I have to get more distress inks. Iove the flowers and the colours. I am a bit sick so going to lay down now

    ReplyDelete
  19. that ribbon is so big and pretty Asha
    and you choose the right image for that color combo
    if I see it it is a cool color combo for manly card
    but you made it so feminin
    lovely coloring too Asha
    great card
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Asha! You are SUPER creative, and I really like seeing your wonderful art. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it with us in our challenge this week. I really appreciate having you play along, and I hope that you will stop by to share with us again soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, this is breathtaking, I absolutely love these colors and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, love the green and purple tones you chose. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Asha, I adore that stamp and it looks so pretty in the challenge colours
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is outstanding. The bluebells are beautiful. Thank you so much for posting your entry with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.
    Many Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful card you made.Hope to see you with us in the next challenge too. // Zora DT TTCRD

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...