Sunday, 22 February 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Dramatic Doodles

Good morning, friends. It's about time I had another go at taming the beast called CAS. Inspired by the Oscars (tonight's the night!!!) I decided to do it in bold and dramatic style. And that led me to the opulence of gold and the simple yet timeless elegance of black. These things sound great in my head ... and then reality sets in! LOL.

My first sample is all about textures. I ran the card front through the X-Cut Foliage embossing folder. Next I heat embossed the flowers and leafy element from the Sketchy Doodle Flowers A4 sheet with WOW Rich Gold EP on black card and coloured them in with my Caran d'Ache Suprasoft water colour pencils. Next I fussy cut and adhered the leaves down to the card front and popped up the flowers with some foam tape. The sentiment is from the Loving Sentiments A5 sheet, also heat embossed in gold.

Here's a close-up... you can just about see all the embossing.

For my second card, I decided to make a One Layer Card. Now that was a challenge for me! I started by heat embossing directly on to the card base and colouring in with pencils. I also heat embossed the greeting from the Birthday Words A5 set and it would have been a One Layer Card ... had I stopped there. At the last minute I added a fussy-cut gold-embossed leafy sprig to balance the sun burst. (What?!) I rounded the corners and called it a day.

In the close-up you can see the leaf barely hanging off the card. I also added some Glossy Accents to the centre of the sunburst and the leaves.

Challenges:
Happy Little Stamper February CAS: Embossing
Sweet Stampin': Spring Flowers
Seize The Birthday: AG Birthday
Scrapbooker PhD: CAS (Use Stamp)
Scrap & Craft Inspiration #3: Birthday
Addicted To Stamps #132: Make Your Mark - water colour pencils


Products used in this project:




Thanks for stopping by today. If you're watching the Oscars - enjoy. We usually give it a miss because the live telecast here in Portugal is way past our normal bedtime. At our age, beauty sleep is mandatory! :) No doubt we'll be reading all about the Oscars for the next week(s) or so!

Have a grand Sunday, friends.

Beijinhos! 

35 comments:

  1. Wow, just one word Asha stunning. Love your beautiful card and pretty flowers. Just stands out. Hugs Anet x

    Sending you and Rosie big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, wuuuunderschön gemacht
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and there was me thinking you had a VIP ticket to the big event!! What stunning cards these are Asha!! I think we all forget the magic of black and put with your gorgeous jewel colours they look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your cards Asha. Now I can do CAS but I struggle with one layer cards - so scared I'm going to make a complete hash of it! Hope you are well. Big hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, definitely have the wow factor! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bold, dramatic and beautiful! Two stunning cards with flair and style! I think you have CAS down pat, as well as one-layer (which I can't do at all, at all, at all *grin*)! Impressive duo! Thank you for sharing your *make your mark* delights in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. ASHA THIS IS STUNNING
    dramatic black
    lovely gold and looks like its a batik clothes in Indonesia or Shari clotes in India
    stunning Asha stunning I am spechless

    Love this much :)
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Asha this is truly gorgeous thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin huggles Sue DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the visual impact your cards give...so pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really terrific, and I agree about the black being elegant. The colors are really terrific here. Thanks for joining ScrapbookerPhD's CAS challenge. DT - Faith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Asha. I do love love the 2nd one the best..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning creations Asha, I love the gold and black together, and the stampes are wonderful, brilliant works, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the black and gold together-It works so well and the colouring just pops! Of course I will be watching the Oscars..I am not one of those people who poo poos it:) I will be checking all of it out and trying to figure out those awards no one sees. I will make some cards tomorrow(took day off because I will be up late)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure know how to rock some black cardstock! These designs definitely POP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very dramatic with the black and gold Asha. Both cards are so beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Asha I love those wonderful colourful flowers against that fabulous embossed background a superb make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, love the colours. I'm hoping Eddie redmaine wins best actor for the theory of everything. It was an amazing film x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are stunning! I love those flowers and colours. So elegant! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fabulous! Love the black.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning cards, Asha! Love the gold and black! Absolutely love all the details you put into these cards! Amaaazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reallly striking cards Asha! Love them!!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh Asha, they are both Stunning!! I love the flowers on the black, really make them pop!! That is a beautiful set you used ;) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the bright colors and the gold combination. Against the black background they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, how fun! Love the bright bold look of these cards, Asha!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. the black cardstock really makes the colors come to the foreground - thanks for sharing your creation at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a stunner, the image really pops against the black backdrop.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bold and dramatic, that's absolutely the right description of these cards. You sure managed to make what you aimed for! The cards look fantastic,..

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how bright and funky this is - thanks for joining us at ScrapbookerPhD xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a gorgeous design Asha!! Love the black background with your beautifully colored flowers!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning design! Love your embossing technique and all the colour you've used! Very dramatic! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bold and beautiful! Both cards are great and I thank you for sharing them with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are both absolutely stunning, Asha! Gold & black never fails to pack an elegant punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the bold colors on this gorgeous card!

    Thank you for participating in last week's Sweet Stampin’ Challenge! I hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...