Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #8: Arabian Nights

A new Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge has started and we're kicking off this monthly meet-up with warm rich tones... perfect for this time of the year.  If you haven't played yet, now's the time to do so. The colours are super gorgeous and will work for any occasion. You can use any medium to create your projects: paints, inks, pencils, pens, stains, etc., as long as you keep to the colours from the colour swatch.

You don't have to use Chocolate Baroque stamps to play along but if you do you will be entered into a random draw to win £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps. All participants will have a chance to be on the Design Team's Top Three list and proudly display winner's badge on their blog.

Sometimes I look at certain colours and an image pops into my head that I just cannot shake. These colours took me deep into the realm of 1001 Arabian Nights. So, I grabbed my Indian Textiles A5 rubber stamps, Distress Inks, black embossing powder and created this:



The Taj Mahal is heat embossed in black. I also did some stamping with a border stamp from the same set. The moon got a dousing of Glossy Accents and the stars are little dots with a Silver Sharpie. Here's a close-up.


I got a little over zealous with the Chipped Sapphire and lost some (if not all!) of the Shaded Lilac while blending the inks. Where the blue meets yellow, I ended up green. But that's art for you... not all errors are bad. So, if you don't have the exact colours in the swatch, don't let it stop you from entering our challenge. As long as you have most of the colours, you're good to go.

Challenge #8 will close at 12.00 p.m. (UK) on Tuesday 17th March 2015, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 25th March 2015. I hope you'll play along and run the risk of winning £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps.

I'm taking my card to these challenges:

Wonderful Wednesday #25: AG
Word Art Wednesday #172: AG Inspirational
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: AG / No Rules
Through The Purple Haze #79: AG
Get Creative #9: Emboss
Craft Your Passion #250: AG
Crafting From The Heart #48: AG


Products used in this project:



Thank you so much for stopping by. Looking forward to seeing your projects over at the challenge blog. Have a wonderful Wednesday, chums!

Beijinhos!

26 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Asha!!! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made such a gorgeous sky scene here Asha!! Really love the beautiful colors and added stars!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, your card here is stunning; the sponged sky (I'm pathetic with sponging...and water-colour..gahh!) with ghost stamping is a perfect canvas for your silhouette images. Such a beautiful scene...and that moon...oh my! I see no mistakes here whatsoever, my friend...and whenever you 'think' you have them, just consider them design innovations *grin* Thanks so much for visiting my blog; you add sparkle to my day, my friend!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Stunning Asha. I love the vibrant colours and the image..loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Sky you made here my sweet dear friend...I have that stamp too and bought it right after you told me and never been inked...your combo of colors are nothing mistake here..love the drama you made

    I miss your visit Asha..I still remember you always..my hubby is in Thailand for business Trip ..I have two little boys here and too busy being a single parents..hope to read you soon at my blog...miss u..hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sky, Asha. The colors are beautiful. Love those little dots of stars and moon. And, that ghost stamping is flawless. Perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Asha, this is stunning, your sky is wonderful and the image is lovely. I love the ghost stamping in the background, fabulous card, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Asha. I am always SO delighted to see your sweet creations shared in our challenges, and I can't thank you enough. Have a great week, and please join us with your fabulous projects again soon. I always LOVE it!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Asha! I picture Douglas Fairbanks with Anna May Wong dashing through the city on the magic carpet. I love the colours and I really like that background faded image and on top is the city. This is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, Asha!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow this is so clever... Truly stunning...

    Andrea TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this beautiful night scene. The colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulois, you have captured the picture perfectly. This card should be framed! I have been poorly so missed a lot of your cards but back now. Hope you are o.k xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there Asha - got me DT head on today!! Just want to say that this is such a striking card I love it. It should be in a frame on a wall!! Absolutely super! Thank you so much for entering the TTPH Challenge this time, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Asha I think this is absolutely Beautiful!! You really make the scene come alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Asha this is a real stunner. Such gorgeous colours and the stamping of the gorgeous image is awesome.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWZER!! This is stunning! Gorgeous colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! Amazing card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors and that ghost stamping was fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at Through the Purple Haze!
    Carolyn DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh. my. gorgeous! I want to blend inks like you when I grow up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This night sky looks magical!! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So very pretty! The sky looks amazing! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely design! Thanks for joining us this week at crafting from the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, absolutely stunning :)

    Thanks for playing with us at Through The Purple Haze.

    Linda
    (DT at TTPH)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Gorgeous colouring!
    Thank you for playing along with us with our Wonderful Wednesday challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...