Wednesday, 28 January 2015

You Are Loved

Just a quick post from me. Most of my crafting these days are DT related and I rarely get the chance to get creative just because. So, this evening I was determined to get inky and have some "fun" making a CAS card. To my surprise, I did have fun with CAS but only because the card came together quickly and without much pain - another rarity!

For the plain background, I blended a few Distress Inks: Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough at the bottom and Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar at the top.

Next, I heat embossed a branch from Clearly Besotted's Leafy Accent stamp set with the lovely Ranger Verdigris Embossing Powder - love the stuff! The little hearts are cut from scraps of First Edition's Love Letters paper. I gave the edges a lick of Gold Wink of Stella and a coat of the Clear. Then I popped them up on foam tape.

The sentiment, from Stamploration's It's All About You set, is heat embossed on vellum with Ranger's Superfine Detail Black EP.

Products used to make this card:


Challenges:
Stamplorations Bi-Weekly Sketch #26
Stamplorations January Challenge: Stamps & Inks
Time Out Challenge #23: Valentine's Day + Optional Twist: Hearts
Shopping Our Stash #186: Love Me Do
Eureka Stamps #125: Hearts
Crafty Sentiments: Love / Valentine's Day
Addicted to Stamps #129: CAS

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to give Rosie her meds and tuck her in for the night. I suspect she may have tucked herself in already... oh she snores like a drunken sailor!

Sweet dreams, friends.

Beijinhos!

26 comments:

  1. What a great card. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha, a CAS card!! Well done my friend and you rocked it.,the soft bg is gorgeous. Sorry I haven't been to your blog for a bit but so much commenting to do for DT at the moment, I will be back! Thanks for joining TIME OUT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh! So soft and gorgeous! These colours are perfect together, and that Verdigris....yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, it caught my eye immediately. Thank you for sharing it with us at Eureka Stamps. Mary DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha...what a lovely soft romantic card so beautiful....and the stitching really looks great....hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Asha, I adore the soft colour palette. It really looks classy.
    Hugs Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Asha!! I love your heart flowers and the added sparkle to your design! :) Love the added stitching details too!! Take care my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love the background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card and gorgeous backdrop to your stamps Asha
    Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, I love how you have blended the distress inks! Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Love Me Do" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely Asha I love the softness of the colours and image it is a truly delightful creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors of this card makes it look amazing!!! I also like your idea of adding hearts this way, like flowers. I think this is one gorgeous card, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love the background-so dreamy. The hearts are special and I think Rosie gets this card:) Wallace snores the same way after he sucks on his toes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, love it, beautiful card Asha, the colours in your background are gorgeous, great design too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Asha, I love your design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, Asha! I love this CAS design! MAgnificent colors and the out of hte box heart is terrific. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this card at Crafty Sentiments challenge and I had to come by and peek. :D This is just beautiful. I love, love how you did the leaves with the hearts and the sentiment at the bottom is just amazing. Gorgeous card! :D Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! this is so pretty ! I love the soft inked BG :) Thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations !

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty BG, Asha. So soft and gentle. I love the hearts as your sketch interpretation. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful ombre background, Asha and the stitching and heart make it perfect! Thanks for linking up with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Asha how are you....
    Hope you are well..
    I adore the sponge soft color on your card..lovely leafs n heart there..the punched heart from design paper look cool.with your design...Love the stitched too..really awesome heart Card Asha...hope you join us at HOC new month challenge..theme Love...see at my last post sweety...hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card, CAS and outstanding at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty CAS card. Thanks for joining our Hearts Challenge this week at Eureka Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think the softly blended colours on the background are just lovely. I do like the embossed leaves - clean, simple and graphic and the sweet hearts too. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...