Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Tuesday Throwdown #226: Your Favourite Embellishment

Good morning, friends! Welcome to our first Tuesday Throwdown Challenge of 2015. And we are kicking off with an easy theme "Your Favourite Embellishment", sponsored by Diane of Daydream Designs. Hop on over to Diane's blog to see her beautiful work.

I'm using this cute digi called Snowbaby Love. She's dragging in a sled full of love... perfect for anyone needing a little TLC. I'm sending it to my cousin. She's experiencing the post holiday blues... aren't we all?! LOL

 
Can you guess my favourite embellishment? Yep - RIBBON. It jazzes up any card in no time. Besides, I have a HUGE box of tangled ribbons ... yet, inexplicably, I keep getting more! :) The bg paper is from First Edition's Love Notes pad.


I coloured the image with Graph'It markers and added some punched out hearts. The sentiment is seen through a window and the whole thing is popped up on foam tape.

Challenges:
Through The Purple Haze #72: AG
Paper Nest Challenge: #1: AG
Scrapbook Stamp Society #57: AG
Craft Creations: AG
Crafting From The Heart #41: AG
Craft DeeBowz: January AG + Handmade Bow

Now it's your turn to create a project based on this week's theme: "Your Favourite Embellishment". For ideas and inspiration, take a peek at what the rest of the DT members have made. Remember to link up your project at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog by 3pm Pacific / 11pm UK Monday, January 12th.  And the most important requirement: Have Fun!

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Asha, your card is really stunning my friend! :) LOVE the hearts scattered everywhere and I'm right there with ya on the ribbon thing! LOL!! Great job! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! I love the scattered hearts and how you colored this sweet image!! This card is certain to brighten someone's day. (ribbon is my thing too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous image Asha and she is most definitely perfect for cheering up a dreary winter day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and she will love it. It comes from the heart(heehee). Love the hearts scattered and I also love stickles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have guessed stitching as your favorite, but that perhaps doesn't count as embellishment...? I really like the dimension of this card and the detail of the cut out part that sort of frames the sentiment. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one super card...

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love this Asha
    the color is so happy
    great Image and soo many heart here
    I love ribbon too but I never used so much on my card
    must use it this time hehe
    lovely and awesome card again Asha
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha another wonderful card, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, it sure made me smile and brightened MY day :)

    Hugs from Linda (DT at Through The Purple Haze)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That card would brighten anyone's day!! What a cute image and well colored.
    Great!! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great Valentine and it is colored so perfectly too. I love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this sweet image- and your coloring is beautiful. I love your beautiful bow as well, but my favorite part of this card is all of the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so gorgeous sweetie, I hope your cousin gets over her blues after receiving this lovely creation. So sorry sweetie I am playing catch up as I have had so much on this week.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Asha! I love the way you colored the image and the stickled pile of hearts! Perfect to cheer up your cousin :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woderful card,cute image!Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sweet, Asha! Love your fab coloring, my friend. I do think ribbon and bows are my fav embellishments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the see through window on here and all those tiny hearts. Yes, it will brighten up anyone's day and know she'll love it. And ribbon - oh mercy! I have a ton of it too and also just keep getting more! Love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Asha! Love those scattered hearts and design. It would definitely cheer up someone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha this is so beautiful


    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


    ReplyDelete
  21. This is adorable. I LOVE this card. I love the image, love your coloring, love the colors you chose, love the layout, love everything and that ribbon is fabulous. I'm glad you shared this with us at Craft-Dee Bowz this month. Good luck in your challenges! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hallo my dear Friend, thank you for all the beautiful cards you send me. It was so special. Your card is adorable, love the cute image and the way you framed the sentiment is gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH Asha this is stunning! I love the image and your coloring is beautiful.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet card -- love that adorable image. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hiya what a stunning entry thank you for joining us at THe Paper Nest Dolls Challenge Team. Hope to see you next month hugs Sharon xxxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...