Friday, 16 January 2015

Polka Doodles #3: CASE It

Goood morning, my crafty chums! It's time for a brand new challenge over at Polka Doodles. We have a fun theme this fortnight: "CASE It" We are required to CASE a DT's card / project from 2014. I'm channelling my inner Anjie, who is a doyen of Polka Doodle designs. Anjie made this super cute card in 26 Sept 2014 for PolkaDoodles' Wk 39 Challenge "It's a Sketch".

I've stolen Anjie's project - lock stock and barrel - and created a card featuring the super sweet Etty. It is made entirely from one of several awesome design sheets from the über adorable Winston CD. I say awesome because it has everything I needed to complete the project. And, I also tried my hand at decoupage - a technique I've never attempted before. I finished my project with some blue ribbon and few droppings of Baby Blue Liquid Pearls.

Look at the dimension! So excited and very pleased with my first decoupage. There was A LOT of fussy cutting but... definitely worth the extra effort.

A full frontal view of Etty that is safe for your Nana's viewing pleasure. Oh yes, Etty... she's is a cutie!

Products used for this project:


Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks #229: Flowers
Seize The Birthday: AG Birthday + Optional Sketch 
Scrap & Craft #1: AG
Word Art Wednesday #166: AG Inspirational
Inspiration Destination #16: AG
Brown Sugar #129: Birthday For A Girl

Miss Nikky has done it again! She's released another fabulous design collection and it's called Work & Play #9: Love & Kisses. This is a bumper, super-sized XXXL perfect for all things romantic - everyday love, dating, proposal, engagement, hen & stage nights, wedding and something saucy for the wedding night! In this collection you get 16 character digis (each coloured and B&W), 50 coordinating backing papers, themed sentiments and coloured embellishments, including paper bows! There's also something new called Personalities to help you personalise your characters with specs, moustaches and beards. And if that wasn't enough, you also get design sheetsSVG cutting files and 6 card-making templates! All these at an insanely low £14,99. So get yours now before Miss Nikky comes to her senses!


Now it's over to you, my friends. Create any project - card, tag, lay-out, box, bag, etc. You have until Noon (UK Time) on Friday, 30 January 2015, to link up your entries over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. You don't have to use Polka Doodles products to enter, but if you have it, by all means, flaunt it! One randomly selected winner will receive the  Work and Play #8 Collection on download worth £11,99! The Top 3 Design Team favourites will also win a digi each.

Time for y'all to get creative. Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see your projects. Have a fabulously crafty weekend, friends!

Beijinhos!

28 comments:

  1. Really pretty, lovely and bright. Fab Asha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love the decoupage - great Case It :-) TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! That bear is just as cute as can be!! I really love your design and colors here Asha! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Gorgeous teddy :) Thank you for joining us at Scrap & Craft and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, the image is so cute. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great CASE job Asha, but then I never expect anything but wonderful from you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet Asha, lovely card, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute and lovable. I love the blue dots and the CASE is great-a nice tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card and look at all those layers. Fantastic CASE project, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable Asha! Really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic Asha and so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you'd want to CASE such a sweet card! Your version turned out adorably!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Asha, what a beautiful card! I love it!! Awesome CASE for sure!
    Cheers!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute Asha. Sorry playing catch up again, I think I will be all this week. Lol!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally adorable!! Lots of cutting, but well worth it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet card! That little bear image is adorable and I love the soft beautiful colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute and precious, very sweet card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. ADorableness! I love the decoupage technique, it adds so much to that darling bear!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving, loving, loving the layers behind that incredibly cute bear!! I just want to squish him. It is awesome to see the layout and the colors you chose for it. The flowers are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderous inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Flowers Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable Asha I cant believe you'd not tried decoupage before?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my God...cuttiiee pieeee...and love the soft color n blue ribbon on your card..cute n sweeet card..I did decoupage at 2009 I cut much more decoupage paper..if you like it I can send you some decoupage paper with different image..it needs a very sharp scissors right...You did great Asha your first decopage card..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning xx love the colours and who can't love that bear xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! stunning dimension achieved with the 3D decoupage !
    Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Asha I love the image, Thank you for joining in our first challenge at Scrap & Craft, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous job CASEing that card, my friend ! Love your teddy bear image and the dimension is fantastic. Marvelous paper choices. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great case it project and using the Winston collection is a real winner.
    Jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw, this is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...