Sunday, 4 January 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Song Thrush and Arched Landscape

Welcome to a brand new year of  crafty goodness from Chocolate Baroque. You've seen the new January release stamps (Punky Hearts and Fluttering Hearts) and must agree that they are just LOVELY.

Today I want to share with you a couple of cards featuring the new Cling Mounted Individual Stamps which were released when the new Chocolate Baroque website was launched on December 18th. You can see Glenda's original post here.

My first card showcases the beautiful Song Thrush Silhouette stamp. For the background, I stamped the small leaf from Butterfly Dreams A5 sheet with Memento Cantaloupe onto a piece of yellow card stock. The sentiment is also from Butterfly Dreams and is stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue. To finish, I wrapped some sheer green ribbon and tied a bow.


I stamped Song Thrush Silhouette on Strathmore Watercolour Cold Press Paper with VersaFine Black Onyx and coloured it with Windsor and Newton watercolour. Here's a close-up:


The sentiment inside is from the Birthday Words A5 sheet stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.

Challenges:


My second card shows off the Arched Landscape stamp. I also did some background stamping using the little stamp from the Fleurs Nouveau A5 sheet and Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from the Patchwork Landscape A4 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx. To finish, only some sheer cream ribbon would do.

This time I coloured the image with Graph'It alcohol markers.

On the inside, I created a border using a stamp from Fleurs Nouveau and Tattered Rose Distress Ink.

Challenges:

These are the Cling Mounted Individual Stamps I've used today:
There are a total of 10 new Cling Mounted Individual Stamps, each one a thing of beauty, a work of art. I hope you've been inspired to play with yours and / or to get some more!  



Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll be seeing you soon!

Beijinhos!


26 comments:

  1. First card I love bold and great colored flower
    second card wooooww I love the sunshine colored like this and the tree
    you are really great at color combo Asha.
    hope you are more feeling better Asha
    big hugs from cold Munich
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beuatifull new stamp cards ,dear Asha , I love them both!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Stunning cards and rich colours Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous creations dear Asha. Love the bright uplifting colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeously bright and colourful card Asha. Love the stamped image.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do love both of these, Asha! The lush colors on the first one really grab the eye. I'm back from all my holiday travels and am trying to catch up on all the posts over the last couple of weeks. My, word, you have been busy! Haven't had time to comment on every post you've done but have seen them all and they are just marvelous! Happy New Year, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back to say "Thanks so much for playing along in our very first ever "Anything Goes" challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this fortnight. Good luck and I hope we see you again in the next challenge." :-D
      NanaConnie DT

      Delete
  7. Good Evening Asha, what wonderful cards, the images are gorgeous and your colours and colouring are fantastic, and the sheer ribbon is just perfect, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Absolutely stunning... I especially like that second card. You've got some amazing coloring skills, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous, they are so bright and cheery, they make me feel like summer is right around the corner and just brighten up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful watercolouring and I love the beaming sun x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are so beautifully colored and made into great looking card designs. They both are so warm and inviting and that is certainly needed on a cold day like we are experiencing. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these images are really stunning and so detailed!! Love the top card with the flower garden and happy colors! The second one looks like a lovely warm scene...which I feel I need right now!! LOL!! Hope you feel better soon my friend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolute stunning
    thank you or joining us at glitter n sparkle
    lindyloo dt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Asha! These 2 cards are stunning. The first card is so bright with the yellow and that great stamp in the centre-I find it so cheerful. The 2nd card is so wonderful I picture Scarlett in her green curtain dress in the background (cos tomorrow is another day:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards cards sure have the wow factor with the fabulous bold colors and beautiful images. I really like these...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful cards - fabulous colours and I love the decorated inside too.
    Thanks for playing along at AGOAC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the first card. It's such a pretty scene and lovely coloring. Thanks for joining us a OSAAT. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card, love your new stamp. Thanks for joining in with our 'New' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous crafty skills in our future challenges. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful cards love the new stamps and the sentiments too! Thanks for joining our 'New' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week and I hope you'll join us again very soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wooww in love with your 1st card... the colours are so bright with beautiful stamp <3 <3 <3 Thank you for playing along with our 1st challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... Good luck and hope to see you again in the next challenge.. ;) <3

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing cards - especially the second one. Such interesting stamps and you brought them to life, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun and colorful cards! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my Make Time To Craft Blog and became a follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did I miss these beauties when you posted them. They are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card you entered, nice and bright, really like the stamp too. Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you for C#2
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just so beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...