Thursday, 15 January 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Colourful Hearts

Good morning, my lovelies! We're all loved up over at Chocolate Baroque. The January release consists of two love themed stamp sheets. But they are so versatile, you'll get lots of mileage from these. So, think outside the love box.

Today I have 3 card projects to show you, featuring the Punky Hearts and Fluttering Hearts stamps.

For my first card, I matched the Punky Hearts and Words Of Comfort & Cheer to create this watercolour piece. The clouds in the background are from Seashore Scenes. I've used Caran d'Ache Watercolour pencils on Strathmore 140lb cold press paper.


This was easy to do. I just picked one colour and laid it down along the edge where I want it to be the darkest. Then I used water to push the colours out.

Products used for this project:

Challenges:
Happy Little Stampers January CAS: Watercolouring
Word Art Wednesday #166: AG Inspirational

Next up is this delicate CAS (ish) number showcasing a stamp from Fluttering Hearts set, which is coloured with Promarker and Graph'It and alcohol markers. For the background I mixed Bundled Sage TH Distress Ink to a blob of Ranger Texture Paste and spread it over TCW Four Mini Ferns stencil directly on to the card base. When dry I smeared some Crystal Stickles for a little extra shine. I cut and layered the focal image with Spellbinders Oval and Lacey Oval dies. To finish, I rounded the corners and inked the edges.

To finish the image I used Stardust Stickles and tiny gems. I also inked the edges with TH Distress Inks.

Products used for this project:


Challenges:
Addicted To Stamps and More  #127: Make Your Mark
Crafty Gals Corner #2: Sweethearts


For my third card, the spotlight is on the large heart stamp from the Punky Hearts set.  I wanted some bold, bright and but not butch. I started by stamping the background the little hearts stamp from the same set. Then I embossed a piece of white CS with the Argyle folder, inked the edges with TH Salty Ocean Distress Ink and adhered it to the card base with 4 black brads. For more texture, I added some droppings of Silver Liquid Pearls to the background before adhering the focal image to the embossed panel.

I heat embossed the heart in white EP and fussy cut it. For a final whimsical touch I added some black and white twine.

Products used for this project:


Challenges:
Fab N Funky #242: Something New
Baffies Kreativladen #40: AG

There you have it - 3 cards in different styles. I hope you've been inspired to get inky and play with your stamps. Don't forget to swing by the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog regularly for more crafty ideas from the rest of the girls. They're having so much fun with these new stamps... trust me, you don't want to miss it!

Thanks for stopping by and and have a fabulous day...oooh, you can almost smell the weekend!

Beijinhos!

29 comments:

  1. All Fabulous cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Asha. I'm amazed at the vibrant colours you get with your watercolour pencils ... so gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs, Asha! Love the colour combos. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking cards-Love the background clouds and the vibrant colours on the first card. I love the stamp of the 2nd card and you coloured it so beautifully and the background has a pop to it and goes so well with the image. the last card is so bright and I love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a fab trio Asha, love the idea of sending loving thoughts and sunshine!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful cards Asha, loving the colours and fantasic images. brilliantly designed and embellished, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could really need a cloud stamp like the one you've used for your first card. I've never managed to make a cloudy sky with my inks, I always mess it up.
    Love the subtle colors of your second card and the bold of the third. The theirs is really eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Asha these are all so beautiful, I love the way you have done the clouds on the first card,and the fabulous heart on the third one
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautiful Asha, you were busy my friend. Love the pretty cloud detail behind the beautiful Hot Air Balloon. Stunning background you created behind the pretty Bird image. Beautiful Valentines card Asha, love the pretty layers. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have been busy!! each card with it's perfect details and colors are little works of art my friend!! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three great cards Asha! Great colouring on that balloon image! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous valentines. I was working on some too today. I guess we are in the same type of craft mode. Yours are in such pretty colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning collection of cards, I adore the backgrounds in all of them! Have a good Friday Asha x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the stenciled background and your marker-coloring - thanks for playing with us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! So many gorgeous creations Asha!! I absolutely love them all! :) Your coloring looks fabulous here!! I thank you for playing along with us at ATSM challenge!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful hot air balloon against the clouds. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the cards are just lovely! Thanks for playing along this week with our Sweethearts Challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!
    -Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an inspiration ! Love the variety in designs... water coloring on the first one is simply amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card. beautiful colors
    thanks fot playing with us at FNF

    Hugs Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow..your creativity is amazing and your cards gorgeous. The water-colouring on the balloon...oh myyyy! You've *made your mark* in a beautifully way! Thank you for sharing in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. That big hot air balloon is amazing!! So beautifully watercoloured. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such different styles, and they're all amazing! Your watercolouring is absolute perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All the cards are amazing and have their style! Awesome! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty and summery! The stitching and soft colouring are beautiful. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning Creations Asha..love all..especially red bird on second card..the hot air baloon colored so wonderfull and the last card stunning color combo love these all Asha..you are really a busy bee this time...hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very fun and funky card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Fab 'n' Funky for our first challenge of 2015. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, my and a huge WOW, Asha! I love the watercoloring you did on the first one and your color combo on the second is superb. Wonderful embossing on the one with all the hearts. You've been busy, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Asha these are 3 stunning cards. So very pretty and fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Eine sehr schöne Karte. Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme an unserer aktuellen ShopBlogChallenge.
    Wir sind umgezogen. Zieh doch mit uns mit ---> www.Kreativ-Gefluester.blogspot.com
    Liebe Grüße, Manuela

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...