Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Birthday Wishes

Oh my word! Is it Tuesday already?! I made this card over the weekend and was waiting for the right moment ... when the planets are perfectly aligned ... to blog it. I've also been meaning to play in the Time Out challenge that my friend Sandie co-owns with another immensely talented crafter, Nonni.

This fortnight's challenge is based on a photo inspiration. Lots of ideas - wood panel, red greeting, pillows, cream, burnt orange etc.

In my head I was making a CAS card, but clearly my hands and my brains do not speak the same language. The end result is this:


I embossed the card base with Darice checker board embossing folder. The woodgrain panel is an embossing folder by Craft Concepts and I inked it withVersaMagic Jumbo Java. Three small pale green gems complete the centre piece, which is mounted on foam tape.


Products used for this project:


Challenges:
Time Out #22: Photo Inspiration
Loves Rubber Stamp #134: Stamp In Any Colour But Black
Crafting From The Heart #42: AG

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll be seeing you in blogland. Have a lovely day, friends!

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. This is a really brilliant design Asha! Love the woodgrain texture and the red!! Great take on the challenge photo! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous card Asha love those little shapes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Asha, a perfect interpretation xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Asha...had to laugh at your hands and brains lol mine are like that all the time! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, such striking colors and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Asha, brilliant card, love the design and the gorgeous colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card-I love the board look and you captured the look of the pillows. I finally have a card up on my blog too...finally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Asha huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab take on the inspiration picture Asha. Love the texture and I might just have to put that 'Birthday' die on a very long wish list :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this Asha!! I think you captured the pillows perfectly! So sweet!! - like you dear friend! : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing take on the photo and wonderful colors. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous to see you at TIME OUT! And the perfect interpretation of he photo, love the border of DSP-just like the cushions x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh this is so pretty! I think that word die is going on my wishlist! Beautiful job! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope you play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun birthday card, I love the embossing you did, adds great texture to the card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A bit of folklore, a bit of nature and lots of inspiration from the photo of the living room. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, and absolutely perfect stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is just stunning Asha, love all the beautiful layers. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Anet x

    Sending you and Rosie big hugs and are always in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool design! Love it! So glad you could play along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
    Good Luck, DT Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those patterns are stunning! What a perfectly inspired creation based on that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha this is a clever idea it looks like you made so many pillow on your card and love the red too so vibrant..Adorable take on the photo inspiration...a winner card in my eyes...hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great interpretation of the photo. I love the card design. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, Asha! Love the wood grain and the dp you used. Great technique with the wood grain folder and your coloring of it. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha, this is absolutely stunning, a perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo. Thanks for joining in on the fun at TIME OUT. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...