Friday, 5 December 2014

Polkadoodles #49: Secret Santa

Hello, Polka Doodlers! It's happy Friday again but this fortnight we're taking our challenges to the next level. Blame it on too much egg nog, mulled wine AND sangria because the DT on Polka Doodles Challenges have all gone bonkers and become "Secret Santa" to each other.

We each received a cryptic message from Santa and the Jolly Man wanted me to make a project for .... whoops, can't tell you but see if you can guess from these clues:

Clue #1: She lives across the pond and is into crafting, cooking and cats.

Clue #2: She trains her kitties to be therapy animals at catteries ... how cool is that?!

Clue #3: She's new to Poolkadoodles, so new that you'll only be seeing her PD projects next year.

If you think you know the identity of my "Secret Santa", leave her name in the comments section of my post. One lucky winner will receive a digi image over and above the normal challenge prize. A random DT blog will be chosen and a commentator from that blog will then be picked as the winner of a fab Polka Doodles digi image. 

Don't forget to visit all the DT and see if you can guess who has made for whom to be in with a chance to win.  All the details you need are on the main Polka Doodles challenge blog. You have up to Thursday 18th December (midnight GMT) to enter and the winners will be announced on Friday 19th December (GMT).

Now let me show you what I made for my Secret Santa:

The background paper is from Angelberry Christmas, the cosy houses and trees are from A Home For Christmas and the greeting is from Festive Hollybobs. To accentuate the snow I used Texture Paste by Ranger and glitter. 

Here are a couple of close-ups.  For extra sparkle and shimmer I used Liquid Pearls, Stardust Stickles and Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy.




Don't forget to leave a comment with the name of the DT member. A full list of all members can be found on the Polka Doodles Challenge blog. If in doubt.... GUESS and you risk winning an extra digi image. You have up to Thursday 18th December (midnight GMT) to enter and the winners will be announced on Friday 19th December (GMT).

Thank you for stopping by today. I'm sure you are looking forward to the weekend... so am I!

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Asha! Love all the houses and adding that glitter - beautiful! TFS and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and like the snow and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This is so awesome Asha. It is jumping off the page at me. GORGEOUS!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Asha is that an awesome card!! I love the little scene, so happy and wintery. Your secret gal is going to love that one :) Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this creation Asha!! All of that textured snow looks amazing here!! Really love the houses too!! Happy weekend my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm loving your 'village,' Asha! Your snow is incredible. Such wonderful texture. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this fab, twinkly scene Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Asha, what a gorgeous winter village, I love the colours and the lovely textures, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card and all that snowy texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so cute Asha x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. what a cute scene you have created. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That texture paste makes great snow, and with a touch of glitter it sparkles just like the real stuff. Beautiful winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! I love the blue trees:) I also love the snow-it adds to the holiday spirit. Wonderfully coloured to. I have no idea who the lady is but congrats to the person who guesses right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and scene Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant Asha. Nice and colourful xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this card
    the texture pasta made your card looks different
    sweet home
    sweet DP and I really love the add of the texture pasta...it looks like a real snow Asha...
    I just buy popcorn pen from Hongkong and will use it soon
    I will tell you if I post something with it
    its funny thing if you use embossing tools to heat it it will be big like pop corn LOL
    Adorable scene Asha...
    hugs, Monika and happy Sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of the trees and snow on this card Asha, what fun! I'm enjoying RP's tree antics on FB too. He's a cutie pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is just soooo cute! LOVE everything about it Asha! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous card Asha, that snow looks amazing
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card Asha, love all that texture paste and glitter! Have a great Christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That might be the coolest Secret Santa idea ever! I love it. And your card is incredible - love all that snowy texture!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...